Forums Horror Movie Talk
Any Tim Burton's Batman Fans??? Help me!!!

OK... I cannot find this mask ANYWHERE!!! Bisco... You seem to be the best there is at finding the cracks and crainys that most of us cant.

Back in 1993 a friend of mine went to Florida and purchased a Don Post Michael Myers Mask. The Early Post mask. AND he also purchased a (Jack Nicholson) Joker mask. It came with a Purple Felt Hat and it Looked VERY screen accurate. I cannot find the mask ANYWHERE!!! It's like it never existed. Anyway all I can find now is the dumb looking ones. The mask I am talking about looks like this Movie photo below! I'll give whoever finds me this information and what it's worth............................................................1,000 Browny Points!--Harry

Harry Warden Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 02:46 AM | 13012
I'm pretty sure this is the mask you speak of . . . .

http://www.thehma.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=12087&g2_serialNumber=2
Crash Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 01:06 PM | 13028
Is that the Distortions one Crash?
lblambert Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 01:38 PM | 13032
Oops it may be. I didn't read the first post completely through. The eyes look very Distortions like.
Crash Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 03:07 PM | 13040
I'm pretty sure this is the mask you speak of . . . .

http://www.thehma.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=12087&g2_serialNumber=2I want to say it is, but the one I speak of is a Mass Produced one. However that one looks pretty much the same!

If that mask you have there is a Mass Produced mask, than that has to be it!!! A friend of mine still has it in fantastic shape, and he wanted to swap some of my McFarlane figures for it... I was seriously condering it, because of the rareness of the Jack Nicholson Joker mask. And there's just something about it that I absolutley love! "It's got one hell of a creepy smile". haha Thanks Bro!!! 1,000 Browny Points for you regaurdless!--Harry

Harry Warden Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 05:05 PM | 13049
I'm 99.9% sure Crash found you the right one Harry. After I got offline last night I did some reading and the Distortions mask was the only mass-produced Nicholson Joker I came across (was in production from '90-'92). There were a few really good indie pieces but this was the only mass produced one I found.
lblambert Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 05:50 PM | 13051
My friend purchased his in 1993 so it would make sense. There is just one more thing I just now stumbled across that makes me have a 1% doubt.
href="http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-MOVIE-JOKER-HAT-MASK-COSTUME-PROP-1989_W0QQitemZ310058125405QQihZ021QQcategoryZ146023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/BATMAN-MOVIE-JOKER- ... dZViewItem That is a hat made for this mask and the copyright on that hat is 1989... Perhaps maybe it was running from 89? I read the tag and it reads Moris Costume Company. I don't know who they are or if they made the mask as well... Unknown... Anyway, I thought it would be sweet to swap my friend some of my McFarlane figures that are still unopened for his Joker mask. Maybe later on in the future have Mr. McCain give it a more realistic paint job?

Can we clasfy Jack Nicholson as part of our Horror Society??? After all... He was a pretty kick ass Villian... haha --Harry

Harry Warden Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:05 PM | 13054
Yes that is the Distortions one. We made it in the early 90's. Here's one I made.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:14 PM | 13055
I doubt that hat was sold with a mask because of how it's tagged. It looks like a piece that was sold on its own and was most likely intended as an accessory for people who bought the Joker make-up kit that was sold by Morris Costumes at the time.
lblambert Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:21 PM | 13056
WOW! That is twisted McCain!!! Nice Work as I have NEVER seen anything bad come from you yet!!!

Got any Front shots of that mask??? Perhaps wearing a Purple hat as well? --Harry

Harry Warden Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:23 PM | 13057
That's by far the best Nicholson Joker made to date (even better than the Alvarez one). Did you do that one when you were at DP Sam?

Yes that is the Distortions one. We made it in the early 90's. Here's one I made.
lblambert Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:25 PM | 13058
I doubt that hat was sold with a mask because of how it's tagged. It looks like a piece that was sold on its own and was most likely intended as an accessory for people who bought the Joker make-up kit that was sold by Morris Costumes at the time. NICE! lawyers... haha Know EVERYTHING!!! You amaze me lee... You're like an Undercover Detective picking away the pobilitys until you final establish the correct reasons for whatever it may be. Maybe I'm just to stupid to'of thought about the Make up Kit, or Your just very intelligant. haha! Nah.. Im just to stupid!--Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:28 PM | 13059
That's by far the best Nicholson Joker made to date (even better than the Alvarez one). Did you do that one when you were at DP Sam?

Yes I did Lee. Sold between 5 and 10 of them. There was one on ebay months ago and the auction was taken down early. No idea what happened to it. Did this makeup on one of the sculpters at that time too.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:31 PM | 13061
WOW! That is twisted McCain!!! Nice Work as I have NEVER seen anything bad come from you yet!!!

Got any Front shots of that mask??? Perhaps wearing a Purple hat as well? --Harry

No Harry that's the only pic I have of it. I made it ung a Nicholson lifecast.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 6/11/2008 at 06:34 PM | 13062