Forums Horror Collectibles
its time to give some movies the respect they deserve

ok first off im tired of the old "halloween 3 sucks because michael myers isnt in it"

no the movie DOESNT SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

its an original story, good fx, it has tom atkins the masks were cool and it just rocks ok?

if it wasnt called halloween 3 those of you who say it sucks would like it

the ending was top notch i loved the homage to invaon of the body snatchers

i will watch this movie 100 times before i take resurrection or RZS H2 out of the case

so watch it for what it is a GOOD and ORIGINAL horror movie!

now friday the13th pt 5.................

why do people bag on this movie?????

the real jason is in it even though its only in dream sequences but hes still in it

i love how it shows tommy jarvis is messed up from what happened to him and his family

yes its an imposter (roy) doing the killing BUT there is suspense and a who dunnit atmosphere but it really works

this one had a ton of dark humor that many werent ready for which put it ahead of its time

and this was the last friday movie that had STALKING and you didnt get a reveal of the killer untill the last part of the movie, every one after that jason was in full view from the get go and there wasnt much stalking or suspense build up

if you think this one sucks but love jason takes manhattan you have issues lol

thoughts anyone?

end of drunken rant......................
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/02/2011 at 08:10 AM | 69045
Yeah I agree John Halloween III is a great stand alone film, okay so they called it Halloween III, but at the time they had no idea Michael Myers was becoming so popular with fans. Tommy Lee Wallace wanted something fresh and original, and Halloween III was just that. I personally loved the film. Great thread John
SANDMAN78 Sunday 1/02/2011 at 02:12 PM | 69053
H3 is a great film! I didn't like it much when I was a kid, but gained more respect for it the older I get. I know someone who likes JTM over Friday 5 and they're nuts.
LoomisLives2010 Sunday 1/02/2011 at 04:51 PM | 69056
AMEN, Brother John!
jeremi_02 Sunday 1/02/2011 at 07:25 PM | 69059
I actually love both of those movies.

H3 is one of my favorite movies ever and Pt. 5 is ealy one of the best FT13 films.

I'll take an evil mask maker and an impostor Jason over a cursed Boogeyman and a waterlogged corpse any day.
chubacabra Sunday 1/02/2011 at 09:46 PM | 69064
ok first off im tired of the old "halloween 3 sucks because michael myers isnt in it"

no the movie DOESNT SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

its an original story, good fx, it has tom atkins the masks were cool and it just rocks ok?

if it wasnt called halloween 3 those of you who say it sucks would like it

the ending was top notch i loved the homage to invaon of the body snatchers

i will watch this movie 100 times before i take resurrection or RZS H2 out of the case

so watch it for what it is a GOOD and ORIGINAL horror movie

I completely agree!!!

Halloween III is fantastic and it's the only Halloween movie that has to do with the Halloween Season!

Michael Aspinwall Monday 1/03/2011 at 12:58 AM | 69071
Halloween III does rock and I agree if it didn't have Halloween III in the title and just Season of the Witch people would have actually given it more of a real chance instead of just crying how Michael wasn't in it.

Now on to the greatest film of all time that NEVER gets enough credit The Burning. The best slasher film IMO as it was one of the only ones where I can say I actually liked the people in it instead of wanting to see them all die like so many others. The effects were amazing as Savini was really on top of his game and honestly the fact they didn't make a million sequels to this made it that much better for me also. I loved seeing Jason Alexander, Fisher Stevens, Mark Ratner (sorry I will never think of him as any of character) Larry Joshua and way more in some fo the first movie roles they had.
cropsy Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 10:10 PM | 69134
great choice i love that movie too!

cropsy lives!
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 1/05/2011 at 12:15 AM | 69142