Forums Horror Movie Talk
What are your thoughts on no HALLOWEEN 3D for 2011?

Would love to hear what you guys think of this story?

href="http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2011/01/04/it-s-official-halloween-3d-will-not-begi-2012">http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php ... -begi-2012

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 06:28 AM | 69109
Well it was 7 years after Halloween 2 before we saw the Return of Michael Myers in 1988. I don't think we have heard the last of Michael Myers, just the last of Rob Zombies Michael Myers. After the box office fiasco of RZ's H2 I think that the Weinsteins, or whoever winds up producing the film, are going to give Michael a fresh start so to speak. I think the only 3 in the title of the next Halloween will be the 3 in 3D.

Just because we will not have another Michael Myers film in 2011 doesn't mean the franchise is finished. Remember, "You can't kill damnation". Michael will be back, and hopefully in better than ever fashion. Like I said, we waited 7 years for Michael's first return. Hopefully though, we won't have to wait 7 years again.

I do hope that they retain Patrick Luser as director. I thought he did a kick ass job directing the remake of My Bloody Valentine, which is still my favorite 3D horror film to date.
SANDMAN78 Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 08:15 AM | 69110
Here is my thoughts on a very touchy subject for me as well as millions of others. I think now that Zombie has made two absolutely horrible attempts and failed through the "true" fans, which I love, I think Michael needs a year or two off before trying again. I could go for a Halloween film every year but I want a good one dammit and lets face it there hasn't

been a good one nce H2O. Lets go back to the roots of Michael's evil and not worry about giving him a damn backstory. Michael was just evil, don't need a reason, that is why Carpenter chilled us all to the bone with the original because there wasn't a reason behind him doing what he did. Also lets not try to re create a Dr. Loomis. he was gone the minute Donald Pleaseance died. We need something new, scary, and original to bring the story alive again and I hope to god they don't go the easy way out just to get the "product" out to fans to appease them.... We would rather wait for it to be done right even if it's years later. My opinion anyway.
allthingsundead Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 06:39 PM | 69118
Here is my thoughts on a very touchy subject for me as well as millions of others. I think now that Zombie has made two absolutely horrible attempts and failed through the "true" fans, which I love, I think Michael needs a year or two off before trying again. I could go for a Halloween film every year but I want a good one dammit and lets face it there hasn't

been a good one nce H2O. Lets go back to the roots of Michael's evil and not worry about giving him a damn backstory. Michael was just evil, don't need a reason, that is why Carpenter chilled us all to the bone with the original because there wasn't a reason behind him doing what he did. Also lets not try to re create a Dr. Loomis. he was gone the minute Donald Pleaseance died. We need something new, scary, and original to bring the story alive again and I hope to god they don't go the easy way out just to get the "product" out to fans to appease them.... We would rather wait for it to be done right even if it's years later. My opinion anyway.

Agreed, good call.
SANDMAN78 Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 06:42 PM | 69119
I'm sure Rob Zombie won't be involved. I'm almost potive He pissed off the Weinsteins with H2. I hope they keep Luser and Farmer aboard, but right now it seems as if they're more concerned with the Hellraiser remake. I have a feeling H3 will be out in 2012.
LoomisLives2010 Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 06:43 PM | 69120
There really hasn't been a great Halloween nce Halloween II in my opinion (not counting HIII as I love it but don't count it as part of the series). The Rob Zombie veron to start was ok to me but I really went way down on H2. It just didn't hold the same overall feel to me. Without Donald Halloween isn't as good either. He made the series IMO. If they really are going to do it wait another year or two but no matter what the so called "true fans" ( a term I really hate) will never be happy IMO as it is not Carpenters original.
cropsy Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 08:03 PM | 69124
Well, im quite okay with it for the main fact that i am still having the squirts after the last attempt...i did not like ZOMBIEWEEN and didnt like the sequel either...

1,2,4,6,H20 for me...I like H3 as well.

i still dont think Luser and Farmer is the way to go for the next film...id love to have Marcus Nispel, thats me dreaming though.

i think they need to not neccesarily "remake' it again...just have it be like the comics or novels...stand alones
Hollywood Morgan Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 10:40 PM | 69136
Yeah i don't think farmer and Luser are the way to go either. In the end I have a feeling they will manage to screw it up somehow.
cropsy Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 11:36 PM | 69139
I think the film series ended where it should have, we have ten movies in the series and four different canons(The Boogyman, The Witch, Thorn, and The Remake)in that series!!!

In my opinion, we have enough films and canons to play with.

I think the company should focus on getting the Halloween Comics up and running again.
Michael Aspinwall Wednesday 1/05/2011 at 01:20 AM | 69150
Every installment of the Halloween franchise after H4 is a joke. As each film progressed Myers became less frightening and more MTV. The films were shat out with such incompitance its not even funny. The ONLY good things were some of the masks. Halloween had become MTV crap. Rob at least brought the HORROR back into the series and made Michael brutal and scary. He also had flair as a director which is refreshing after the cookie cutter style film making that the Halloween series morphed into.

As for H3D? Im happy its on the shelf.....can anyone convince me why the hell Patrick Luser was even conisdered? hes a career editor who directed a bunch of shit films. MBV 3D? Please. If H3 ever happens I pray its in the hands of a GOOD director. Luser is a sub-mediocre director. I'd take Aja, Laugier, Mason over him just to name a few.

Film viewing and enjoyment is subjective. We all have different favorites. I challenge anyone to tell me though that H5 and on were better than Rob's films in any way. Sorry, but the directing; film look; lighting; actors/acting; fx; etc were superior. And.....Mane is the best Myers nce Warlock. Piss on RZ's flicks all you want, they were better films. H5, 6 and 8 are embarrasng.

I prefer my Halloween films with REAL genre actors, not WB and MTV flavors of the month; I like my Michael cold and brutal, not a clown getting his ass beat by a poser rapper. Cheers to Rob!
ny ghoul Thursday 1/06/2011 at 12:23 AM | 69204