Forums Horror Collectibles
Jason Lives Costume Commission

Here is another Jason Lives costume I am working on for a client. Took some quick progress pics of the shirt, and just finished all the fraying mostly and the first lighter weathering coat. I love it as it is lol. Also with the usual accurate placements of the fence post holes, accurate frayed collar, and some extra weathering on the pockets to look even more worn and awesome. Also notice the little holes zigzagging down as shown in the paintball scene. Also did the triangular shaped cut in the right de of the collar just to name a few details. Will also be adding the yellowish brown detailing last as I always do, as seen in the paintball scene. The customer wants the heavier graveyard scene weathering as opposed to the cleaner look later after the rain. It is coming out great so far, working on the pants now.

sirbrad Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 08:22 PM | 69127
very nice looking.
cropsy Tuesday 1/04/2011 at 09:47 PM | 69129
Looks great Brad!!
Michael Aspinwall Wednesday 1/05/2011 at 01:02 AM | 69147
Lookin' REEEEEL good bro. I like it a lot. Nice work Brad. I should get you to make me one for this
SANDMAN78 Wednesday 1/05/2011 at 04:05 AM | 69161
My goodness! That is absolutely amazing!Do you give quotes?
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Thursday 1/06/2011 at 01:33 AM | 69217
My goodness! That is absolutely amazing!Do you give quotes?

Thanks yes I do. Will send PM when I get a chance. I am pretty booked as of now but hope to be free in a month or so. I try to stay as affordable as posble and still provide a movie quality costume. I need to get a good video camera but I have a lot of videos on youtube and a lot of pics on myspace, naem is rbrad4 on both. More pics to come! Send me a pm for quotes. Thanks.
sirbrad Thursday 1/06/2011 at 03:26 AM | 69241
More pics, worn pics!

SANDMAN78 Thursday 1/06/2011 at 04:23 AM | 69252
Thanks Sandman. Didn't you make one for your bust? That one looked ck as is man. But yeah you will get more pics on the life-zed when it is complete. :) I don't have any masks left though so might use a part 2 Bellamy as I think that would look cool.
sirbrad Thursday 1/06/2011 at 02:57 PM | 69290
Thanks Sandman. Didn't you make one for your bust? That one looked ck as is man. But yeah you will get more pics on the life-zed when it is complete. :) I don't have any masks left though so might use a part 2 Bellamy as I think that would look cool.

Yeah my shirt was made from a Vietnam era military shirt and has the larger buttons, I just can't find an OD green shirt with normal smaller button for some reason. It's a bit disconcerting.
SANDMAN78 Thursday 1/06/2011 at 03:47 PM | 69292
Oh. Yeah they are very hard to find, I only found 4 the right color in thrift stores in 4 years lol. But

I have one more somewhere. Most of the time they only have one pocket too, and this one was PERFECT. I wanted to keep it for myself and then of course someone wanted a part 6 costume lol. I will be on the look out for more though.
sirbrad Friday 1/07/2011 at 02:21 AM | 69330
thats looking sweet as hell brad!
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/07/2011 at 02:33 AM | 69332
OK got this about finished, still waiting on the belt with accessories. I put a lot more work into this one to make it as accurate as posble, and a lot more detailing and frays. Also the colors are a lot more subtle, and realistic, and a lot more diluted as you will see in the daytime pics. I also did the fence post marks more accurately and the grayish shiny black, as well as the paintball splat as requested by the customer. I am also gonna add some blood to the hockey mask. I am ung a maggothead hood with eye from Bellamy which looks great, as well as the hock by handmade horrors.

Daytime pics will show the colors more accurately as I don't need to use any light or flash, which will just reflect on the perma wet marks and drown everything out. Also the fence post marks have perma wet, so in some pics the lighting outde and indoors make them look brighter but they are a dark blackish gray as I said, and wet looking. In some they look like the right color out of the light. But here are some night pics for now. I am very happy with this and hate to sell it! lol.

I will be doing one for myself later as a permanent display, and already have several people wanting one made. More pics to come later when I get the accessories, and costume test video and pics last. Also this has a full muscle suit on, and the legs and butt are filled out nicely to look more beefy like CJ, although the back shirt covers it as it is a little longer. Normally I would trim it up but this is a commison and they can if they want, but it is a costume I believe. Also the 2nd to the last pic looks a little more dirtier than it really is, that is not paint that is low lighting camera fuzz, or graininess. But I think it looks cool! :)

sirbrad Wednesday 1/19/2011 at 03:43 AM | 70232
The detail you put into that is amazing my friend. Very nice work. Looks very screen accurate.
Ryn Wednesday 1/19/2011 at 01:59 PM | 70252
Getting ready to finish this up for day pics hopefully tomorrow if the snow would stop. Took some dark ones with the hood only to kinda have that "no hock look" in the beginning. I don't have a full-faced mask now so I had to keep it darker to kinda create the illuon better. The hock is always on anyway as that is Jason's trademark. Also added some blood spatter to the hock to mulate the scene where Jason crushed the deputy's head. I made it a little more bloody and dirty though, won't be able to see it all till I do day pics though. Also did varying tones of blood, some lighter and darker. Also weathered the straps some. Next up pics with full accessories! :)

sirbrad Saturday 1/22/2011 at 12:06 AM | 70439
OK got it about done. I got a beat up used pistol belt from eBay which is pretty good, I liked the new one I bought before which was darker green, but this one works and can be darkened. Also the ammo pouch came with some corroon on the snaps that I left on to look more used. I did not weather the accessories though nce they were taken off the guy, and not on Jason originally. Machete is very accurate with the shape shape and snaps on the bottom. I just used an X-acto knife handle again to mulate the round dart handles, and still not get around to making the full dart yet or fishing lures. I also did a lot of sanding on this to give a lighter, more toned down, natural look. The weathering shows more on the pants in the light, being that the pants are lighter in color. I kept it moderate and did the bottoms darker as shown in some pics in my books, Making Friday the 13th, and Crystal Lake memories. I also used the screen still in the beginning where Jason kills the couple with the little beetle car, to get the front bottom cut like it, and the dirty pants about how they looked in the headlights.

Also love how the paintball splat turned out, same shape, placement, and color as close as I could get it. The fence post stake holes are also greyish/black and wet looking. The ones in the movie seem lighter cuz of the outdoor lighting and glare, which I had them like, but then decided to darken them more to splend in a little better, and not overshadow the rest of the weathering by standing out too much. The day pics show all the details, but usually you only see Jason at night, and most love those pics the best as they show less and are more mysterious and scary. I might also be doing an alternate mannequin with this to see if I can pose it some, then costume videos later. I got the life-zed video coming, and I hope by the next life-zed/costume that I have an HD camcorder with sound. So here are the pics! I am very happy with how it came out, and I added a lot more detail and fraying. I got another one of these to do again too, I need to start making shirts lol. I also have an alternate puffy tan set of gloves, the customer wanted the yellow ones, and in some scenes they look more yellow and in some they are more tannish/white. I prefer the uninsulated ones though cuz it is eaer to hold weapons and less hot. Enjoy.

sirbrad Saturday 1/22/2011 at 09:29 PM | 70483

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVelIhgWxik

Life-zed video, is 6'6" in height boots.
sirbrad Sunday 1/23/2011 at 12:06 AM | 70494
Got part 1 of costume test done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl8FJV2mMgI

Did all the video and added sounds later, all based on memory, did not have time to put in the movie. Came out close lol. Part 2 with belt and accessories next! Will be getting an HD camera soon for better quality videos. No longer have my Jason Lives hands I made so used the gloves. This is also before the paintball splat later, but did all the video at the end. I love doing these. Also used a Maggot head hood with eye, and had black hood over my face underneath, so did it all without being able to see of breath well. Got it all in one take luckily. :)
sirbrad Thursday 1/27/2011 at 03:58 AM | 70826
sirbrad Thursday 1/27/2011 at 04:33 AM | 70827