Forums Horror Collectibles
Worst Horror Movie of the 80's?

Look, we all know the 80's was one of the best decades if not THE BEST OF ALL TIME for horror. There were a ton of movies to come out but not everyone was good or even half decent. I really want to know what you guys think what the WORST HORROR FILM of this decade was?

My pick has to go to "Microwave Massacre" Youtube it! You will see what I mean! I really look forward see what you guys say. Plus this would be good to talk about on Rabbit in Red.

Vincent Paul
Rabbit in Red Radio Thursday 1/13/2011 at 02:48 AM | 69627
This is a tough one Vince but I am going to have to go with JAWS 3. I mean we went from one of the greatest horror movies to this pile of garbage? The mother shark looks like a bad claymation job and add to that the other horrible special effects. Did they even try? Don't get me started on the plot either. Just not a fan.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/13/2011 at 03:04 AM | 69629
You say JAWS 3 I agree but I have to say JAWS 4 sucks more than that one. When you use the tag line "this time it's personal." You can look for a huge flop ahead!
Rabbit in Red Radio Thursday 1/13/2011 at 03:12 AM | 69630
Jaws 3 was definitely the worst of the series. How can you hate Jaws 4? It wasn't the best, but I still enjoyed it! I wanna thank Vince for taking my pick. I wanted Microwave Massacre damn you! But to keep with the "Massacre" theme I'll take 1985s Nail Gun Massacre. A truly HORRIBLE film.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 1/13/2011 at 03:15 AM | 69632
How can you say Jaws 3-D?!?!?! It's the epitome of 80's gimmick horror!! Come on! They start off with a legitimate cast: Dennis Quaid, Bess Armstrong, mon MacCorkindale, Louis Gossett Jr.......Hell, even Back to the Futures very own Lea Thompson!! Throw in every ngle 3-D gimmick in the book and finish with a giant motionless shark-turd-looking-thing floating towards the glass! It was great!! Not to mention the grand finale when it explodes and the two pieces of "jaws" pause right in front of your eyes!! Genius, just genius.

Now Woodchipper Massacre...that was a terrible movie. Not even giggle worthy. Just eeeeeehhhhhkkk all the way. We have to be really careful here. There's terrible/awesome and terrible/now I'm pissed and going to have to punch somebody. We're treading fine line here folks.
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/13/2011 at 04:06 AM | 69644
I just added Woodchipper Massacre to my Netflix queue. I wanna see how bad it is.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 1/13/2011 at 05:19 AM | 69646
Oh God, here, save yourself the time and watch the Woodchipper Massacre in 2 minutes video!
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewZPRuNaXc">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FewZPRuNaXc

My best friend and I had scored a bunch to drink and we were all set to watch this movie.....two words, buzz kill....
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/13/2011 at 05:33 AM | 69647
The 80's had a ton of low budget clunkers....Woodchipper Massacre, Nailgun Massacre (hrm...something in the word massacre??? lol) but I think the bigger disappointment is felt from a film that was part of a loved franchise or one that was seen by more and felt by many.....thus my vote goes to Jaws 3 and 4. Close behind is JASON TAKES MANHATTAN....so stoked and SO disappointed!!!
ny ghoul Thursday 1/13/2011 at 05:57 AM | 69650
Again with poor Friday part 8! There are sooooo many that are infinitely worse!! What about Amityville 3D, or C.H.U.D. 2? I think we need to (once again) set up some kind of criteria; Slasher, monster, low budget and so on. Honestly, I LOVE crap, awful, terrible, gut wrenchingly bad, horror movies! Personally, I don't think you've truly lived until you've sat through Jesus Christ Vampire Killer! But I digress. Before we get into some wild unnecessary argument, let's narrow this down a bit.

And come on guys. Write a little bit. Enough with the 5 word, 1 line responses. This whole word is becoming monosyllabic. Let's step it up already. After all, we're horror fans......we're already better than everybody else! Let's rub their noses in it!!
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/13/2011 at 06:20 AM | 69652
That's the thing with me, I love a "Good, Bad" horror movie. That is a fine line when a movie is so bad it's so good. With Jaws 3 what I feel makes it just a solid BAD movie. It comes from JAWS one of the greatest movies ever made. Also with Jaws 3, you had good actors in it that in that movie it just wasn't good. All film is "art" and we all look at art in our own way.

I just re-watched "The Stuff" from 1985 last night. I still love that movie and I know a lot of people can say "What a pile of crap that is!"

lent Night, Deadly Night Part 2! Now that is some crap. "Garbage Day!"
Rabbit in Red Radio Thursday 1/13/2011 at 03:20 PM | 69660
That's the thing with me, I love a "Good, Bad" horror movie. That is a fine line when a movie is so bad it's so good. With Jaws 3 what I feel makes it just a solid BAD movie. It comes from JAWS one of the greatest movies ever made. Also with Jaws 3, you had good actors in it that in that movie it just wasn't good. All film is "art" and we all look at art in our own way.

I just re-watched "The Stuff" from 1985 last night. I still love that movie and I know a lot of people can say "What a pile of crap that is!"

lent Night, Deadly Night Part 2! Now that is some crap. "Garbage Day!"

See I knew you'd go with the easy one, lent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 Mr. Paul! So typical of a dago like yourself!

JAWS 3 sucks and you know it!!! Pee Wee's Big Adventure had better effects than that movie!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/13/2011 at 03:28 PM | 69661
HAHAHAHA!!

"I just re-watched "The Stuff" from 1985 last night. I still love that movie and I know a lot of people can say "What a pile of crap that is!"

I've had The Stuff on original VHS tting by the VCR for a couple of weeks now! I just finished the Basket Case series "again" and now I'm working through The Howling series......for some ck reason. I've had great movies like; The Stuff, Brain Damage, and the Night of the Demons series lined up for a while. Damn this topic!! Damn yooos to HELL! Now I'm going to have to break down and watch hours of absolute garbage just to salvage the reputation of Friday 8 and Jaws 3-D!!! Here I come anything with "massacre", "slaughter", "night of", or "from the" in the title!!!
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/13/2011 at 07:10 PM | 69669