Forums Horror Collectibles
A Leatherface Change of Pace

With all of this talk about Friday and Halloween and Romero, I betting good old mindless killers like Leatherface are feeling a little left out. Sure, personal vendetta's and "reasons" to kill are usually important.....but sometimes it's good to t back and enjoy some good old senseless slaughter!

As I'm awaiting for my super special edition of Texas Chainsaw 2 to arrive, I thought maybe I'd get in the mood with a little discuson. Shall we rate and critique the different Leatherfaces and actors who portrayed him? While you're thinking, I'll use this time to push another auction I have going here on Horrorbid.com of said killer.... http://www.horrorbid.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=123719
vbrockladyv Monday 1/17/2011 at 09:45 PM | 70101
Love the painting and I would love to get one done of Cropsy when I actually get money and a place to live. Your work is mply outstanding.

Now as far as Leatherface Gunner will always be number one to me.
cropsy Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 12:44 AM | 70124
gunnar is leatherface!

my least favorite is whoever portrayed him in TNG

your painting is fantastic by the way!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 01:45 AM | 70130
Thanks guys! I did it on a really thick shipping paper that looks a little like dried leather. If it doesn't go this time around, I think I'll bloody it up and make it look a little cooler. Maybe burn up the edges a little.....damn it, now you've got me thinking about it so I HAVE to do it!!

To the topic, Gunnar is totally my favorite. Just the story of how he researched for the part and every blows my mind. He really became the character. The other guys are just trying to be wild "killers" or something.
vbrockladyv Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 02:10 AM | 70134
Thanks guys! I did it on a really thick shipping paper that looks a little like dried leather. If it doesn't go this time around, I think I'll bloody it up and make it look a little cooler. Maybe burn up the edges a little.....damn it, now you've got me thinking about it so I HAVE to do it!!

To the topic, Gunnar is totally my favorite. Just the story of how he researched for the part and every blows my mind. He really became the character. The other guys are just trying to be wild "killers" or something.

The guy in Leatherface TCM 3 came off as a wrestler heading towards the ring.
shattered lens Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 05:37 AM | 70150
Gunner is king but I love TCM 2. Something about old Leatherface with raging hormones is funny as hell to me. That and I love his mask in it.
Ryn Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 07:23 AM | 70151