Forums Horror Collectibles
Anyone like to write or make films?

I was just wondering if there was someone out there that lived in or near the sacramento area cause i love to write and am eventually going to attempt a movie lol so i was just curious if there was someone who also likes to do that and would like to work together, i have some great ideas and love to listen to other peoples to. No one i know at all is even remotely interested in the same stuff i am so i cant even talk horror movies without boring all my friends. So i thought it was worth a try, kind of a long shot but hey, why not?
MiLeSx13x Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 06:01 PM | 70171
Why does everyone like YOU always live on the oppote coast from ME?! I know this doesn't exactly help you at all, but I want to keep your topic near the top so people see it. Hopefully, someone here will be near you and want to join teams! In the mean time, just make stuff. Short little things and post the crap out of them anywhere you can....especially here! hopefully people will start coming to you from all over the place. Good luck and keep us updated!
vbrockladyv Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 06:44 PM | 70179
Brother, If you have an idea...Run with it. That's what I did with Halloween "The Devils Eyes". I had an idea for a short, worked out the details, found my actors. And BAM....2 months later I had a movie, and that went so well that my Editor (poeticmadness) is going to school for that now, and I'm starting the script for Pt 2 as I type.

So, do it brother.
skutterk Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 06:49 PM | 70180
I followed Skutter in here to give my .02, lol.

Its true, just take the idea and run with it. Visualize your concept, figure out how to make that concept get out of your head and into the real world. Once ya get that first step accomplished, it kinda just rolls from there.

There's bound to be lots of peeps on this te that can offer ideas, asstance or just good old fashioned encouragement. By all means though, just don't give up !

If you need any questions answered I can certainly do my best to help ! Editing, effects, etc. I'm no pro, but I have knowledge I am willing to share for sure.

Dunno how receptive the forum is to outde links and stuff, so if the links below are not cool. mods please just remove them or whatever :

there's some resources out there that may be useful, and they're FREE !

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/filmmaker.htm

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/articles.htm

and my fave right now, Celtx, free scriptwriting software.

http://celtx.com/
poeticmadness Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 07:10 PM | 70182
Thanks for all the support guys. I've actually been trying to film something i wrote for a long long time now, but i literally am the only one that is into horror and filmmaking so i dont have any actors (who take it seriously anyway) no second opinions, no one to help with ideas, its driving me crazy!!!I tried a few times but half of the people bailed out on like the second day. Did you guys have people who were into this stuff before or did you find them after? Eh, it kinda makes you not even wanna try anymore, someone needs to move down to sacramento lol. Again thanks for the support guys.
MiLeSx13x Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 07:18 PM | 70183
That's some great advice Scott, Thanx for sharing brother. I followed Skutter in here to give my .02, lol.

Its true, just take the idea and run with it. Visualize your concept, figure out how to make that concept get out of your head and into the real world. Once ya get that first step accomplished, it kinda just rolls from there.

There's bound to be lots of peeps on this te that can offer ideas, asstance or just good old fashioned encouragement. By all means though, just don't give up !

If you need any questions answered I can certainly do my best to help ! Editing, effects, etc. I'm no pro, but I have knowledge I am willing to share for sure.

Dunno how receptive the forum is to outde links and stuff, so if the links below are not cool. mods please just remove them or whatever :

there's some resources out there that may be useful, and they're FREE !

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/filmmaker.htm

http://www.sonnyboo.com/downloads/articles.htm

and my fave right now, Celtx, free scriptwriting software.

http://celtx.com/
skutterk Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 07:19 PM | 70184
Can't let that distract you brother, As far as the script, thats the first thing you have to do, then your actors will follow.

Gotta just find people who are serious, and before you start filming, just make sure everyone is onboard & serious about it. That's what I did, I asked my actors/actresses like 50 million times if they were serious before I actually made a start date.Once I felt everyone was serious, then I started with the filming.
skutterk Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 07:24 PM | 70185
Just don't give up and run with it brother!!!
Ryn Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 07:37 PM | 70186
I know exactly what you mean. I've been making fan films for over 20 yrs and if people around you aren't into what you're doing it can really bring you down. Luckily, I've been pretty fortunate to have people who showed up and did what I wanted them to do. The best advice I could give is try colleges. There's tons of film people there that would most likely be willing to help out. Get fliers made and post them around. I'm sure you'll get some response. Good luck and if you need any other ideas I'm around.
LoomisLives2010 Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 09:46 PM | 70205
You'll find everything you need on craigslist.....dp's, sound guys, crews, f/x, actors.....willing to work for credit or for cheap. New York and California are especially FULL of film industry people all looking for work. Once you have your script ready, scout your locations and get to casting/hiring!
ny ghoul Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 11:56 PM | 70218
So is your script done yet??? LOL.

Get to it man. I use Celtx, a great free program to write. I plunged in head first and used what experience I gained from being on other sets.

Write it, Shoot it, Do it. Keep us posted. I'm anxious to see what you come up with.
aceofspades70 Wednesday 1/19/2011 at 04:57 AM | 70238
Why does everyone like YOU always live on the oppote coast from ME?! I know this doesn't exactly help you at all, but I want to keep your topic near the top so people see it. Hopefully, someone here will be near you and want to join teams! In the mean time, just make stuff. Short little things and post the crap out of them anywhere you can....especially here! hopefully people will start coming to you from all over the place. Good luck and keep us updated I'm with you man! Why are the people who are into things that you like or would like to do always located thousands of miles away?

Anyway I wish you lots of luck and i hope you get your project completed. Celtx is a great program for script writing I would recommend that one myself. Again good luck.
Piman334 Wednesday 1/19/2011 at 09:58 PM | 70274