Forums Off Topic
My Horror Photos and some Just Do It Advice!!!

As I've mentioned before, I worked at a Haunted Hayride this past October. A week before it started, they asked if anyone knew a photographer to obviously take pictures for publication. I said. "I'll do it!" even though I had never done anything like that before, EVER! I walked around taking pictures of a few of the tes and a few of the actors. They didn't want to give everything away so I had to just touch on a few things. I found a great little "free" photo editing download online and I was set. Then I thought, "Hmm, I bet I could make a little video.". Done. I used Windows Movie Maker to put the pictures together and I wrote and recorded the muc myself. Well, long story short, not only did all of the local newspapers run my photos, but the local TV channels did as well! I wasn't out one penny and they paid me for all of the work!

Moral of the story? Always say YES and give it a shot! Especially nowadays when you can learn how to do anything online in five minutes. Hell, last weekend I broke into my girlfriends ster's 2010 Jeep, whatever it was, and saved her $135 for the locksmith, just by looking it up online. We all have these great ideas and dreams and we all get scared and doubtful and end up not doing them. I say, DO IT ALL!!! Take your pictures! Make your videos!! Write your muc and record it any way that you can! That's why this wonderful te is here! This place is a launching board for your dreams! You don't know who looks at this stuff. You don't know what potential film legend might be here right now. All it takes is for one thing to get spread around and BAM, you're a star! That mask you made on a whim could turn into a special effects career. That lly little video could land you on a production team or just the right person might say, "Hey, that guy was actually really good as Michael Myers. Let's bring him in for a screen test for our project.".

Sound stupid and lame? It's not. we're a community here and from what I've seen, we all have each others back. We should be able to have separate categories for art, videos, photos, masks, and muc here and have them just jam packed with our creations. I'm putting out a challenge to everyone here. No matter how stupid or lly your creation is always remember this......."The Jersey Shore" makes millions......so you can too.

By the way, here is my little video with the pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooE92hPvCfE
vbrockladyv Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 10:18 PM | 70212
Very well said brother. That's exactly what I did with my short fan film. Great advice.

Here's my short film called, Halloween "The Devils Eyes"

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%253A ... 6e&refid=0
skutterk Wednesday 1/19/2011 at 04:15 PM | 70255
Those are some great inspirational words. I have struggled with self doubt concerning my fiction writing for years. But I just have to get over that and write my stories and sooner or later I will get published.
Piman334 Friday 1/21/2011 at 03:39 AM | 70389
WRITE THEM!!!! Just write! Remember, this is something you enjoy to do. It is supposed to be FUN! Don't push it, don't force it out. If you feel like you're getting frustrated or blocked, stop! Put it ade. Clear the channel and relax. Keep us updated though. You've got a whole butt load of horror geeks here for support so you bacally have no excuses. Listen, I put out every ngle turd that I do. Some really stink and some are a little shinier than others. I don't care! I get feedback on everything and I get better. Seriously, the way that the internet is now, all you have to do is have it out there. It gets pushed around a bit, the right person sees it, and you're off! Just like that. Have you watched TV lately? Yeah, I know for a fact you can do better.........What are you waiting for? WE'RE waiting for you!
vbrockladyv Friday 1/21/2011 at 04:09 AM | 70392
Great advice! When RIR started we were on BlogTalk where maybe 10 people listened if we were lucky. We worked really hard to get ourselves out there and luckily Justin say something in us that the others missed, so now we've got this awesome opportunity! Never give up! With a little time, patience, & determination you can accomplish anything!
LoomisLives2010 Friday 1/21/2011 at 06:48 AM | 70405