Forums Horror Movie Talk
Best Cameo in a Horror Movie

I just finished watching Frank Henenlotter's Brain Damage. If you haven't seen it, SHAME ON YOU! Anyway, in the last quarter of the film there is a scene on a subway with the lead character, Brian, and his girlfriend Barbara. I'll skip the details. As he's staring straight across at the other seat, a passenger ts down and all you see is a picnic basket with a lock. The camera pans up and it's Duane from Basket Case (another Frank Henenlotter film and if you haven't seen that, well, delete your account because you're dead to me!)!! I had totally forgotten about it!

Now, us being obsessed horror fans, I like to believe that there are a lot of milar little scenes sprinkled throughout all of our beloved movies. I was hoping to start a thread here where we could list the obvious ones and posbly enlighten others with some of the rarer ones! On your mark....get set....KILL!!!........err, I mean...GO!!!!
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:09 AM | 70309
Not sure if this counts but it has my vote if it does.

Drew Berrymore in Scream! Wow, was that unexpected. Here you are thinking she is going to be a main character and death in like 5 minutes! Sorry if I ruined the opening for anyone, lol!

Shakelford, J. Rusty Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:18 AM | 70312
Hey, are you the same Rusty Shakelford I know from Facebook?Anyway, I like Eli Roth's cameos in Death Proof and Piranha 3 D. And I don't know if it counts, but I really like Bill Moseley and d Haig's cameos in The Haunted World of El Superbeasto.
Moon Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:41 AM | 70313
Great topic starter Brock! This is a good one and a tough one for me personally!

I love the Drew Berrymore cameo, I think that counts. It wasn't really billed if I remember correctly and it sure set the tone for SCREAM now didn't it?

How about this one and I am not a fan of the movie (I love Jason's look though, maybe my fav) how about JASON GOES TO HELL.The infamous scene where Freddy's hand rises on and grabs the hock and pulls it to hell!I know it isn't a "true" cameo in the scene but you talk about marking out like a school girl! I loved that scene, that an the random shot of the Book of the Dead from EVIL DEAD in the house.

I'm sure I will think of about 40 more when I wake up tomorrow! Great topic Brokster!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/20/2011 at 08:45 AM | 70318
Most of you won't call this a cameo, but I think it is. I loved in Scream 3 when Randy showed up via VHS to offer the rules of a trilogy. After my disappointment with his death in Scream 2, I was thrilled they brought him back even if it was for a minute or two.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 1/20/2011 at 02:02 PM | 70323
I think PJ Soles in The Devils Rejects was a pleseant surprise.

At least for that 30 seconds. Lol
skutterk Thursday 1/20/2011 at 02:16 PM | 70324
One of mine would be Wishmaster and Kane Hodder, Robert Englund and Tony Todd.
cropsy Thursday 1/20/2011 at 04:12 PM | 70325
This is really stretching it, and it really doesn't count, but it's one of my favorites. Ken Kirzinger as the cook in Friday 8. I know it's not a "cameo", but it's soooo prophetic!
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/20/2011 at 05:05 PM | 70326

At least for that 30 seconds. Lol
myers n San Diego Thursday 1/20/2011 at 06:40 PM | 70329
Most of you won't call this a cameo, but I think it is. I loved in Scream 3 when Randy showed up via VHS to offer the rules of a trilogy. After my disappointment with his death in Scream 2, I was thrilled they brought him back even if it was for a minute or two.

Mike you fanboy you! I knew you'd pick Randy! I just knew it! And Ken, PJ Soles in DEVILS REJECTS was great. I am a big DR fan anyway and PJ Soles is one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. Great pic.

Some really good ones so far!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/20/2011 at 06:58 PM | 70330
I know most people don't like Jason X but David Cronenberg as DR Wimmer
tml1965 Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:26 PM | 70337
Come on guys! Dig deeper! Here's a freebie, George Romero in lence of the Lambs.
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:42 PM | 70339
I love all the cameos in Hatchet. Robert Englund, Josh Leonard, John Carl Beuchler, Tony Todd. Hatchet 2 had Lloyd Kaufman, Emma Bell as her Frozen character, Tom Holland, R.A. Mihailoff and JACKCHOP! I also enjoyed Kane Hodder in Frozen and Behind the Mask, the Rise of Leslie Vernon
Chopsaw Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:43 PM | 70340
Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp in Freddy's Dead Caroline Williams in Rob Zombies H2
Chopsaw Thursday 1/20/2011 at 07:55 PM | 70342
How about James Gunn in slither? Love that movie. But i have to admit one of my favorites has to be Eli Roth as Grimm in cabin fever.
MiLeSx13x Thursday 1/20/2011 at 08:07 PM | 70343
Im surprised no one mentioned Bill Murray from zombieland or Wes Craven in scream yet.
MiLeSx13x Thursday 1/20/2011 at 08:10 PM | 70344
I agree and Brock I totally forgot about Ken Kirzinger myself...great pick!
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 1/20/2011 at 09:51 PM | 70355
Im surprised no one mentioned Bill Murray from zombieland or Wes Craven in scream yet.

Wes Craven in Scream 1-3 although I'm not sure if his cameo in 2 as a doctor was cut, but I know for sure he's in 1 & 3.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 1/20/2011 at 09:53 PM | 70356
What about Janet Leigh, Jamie Lee's real life mother and star of PSYCHO in HALLOWEEN H20, a movie that I will go on record and say..... I LIKED! It wasn't perfect but fun! Take that Michael J.!!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:05 PM | 70358
Actually Justin, I will go on record as saying that H20 is my second favorite in the series, as I count H1 & H2 as one movie.

And I thought that was badass that Janet Leigh was in H20, and did you noticed what car she got into in that one scene? It was the same make & model as the one she drove in Psycho.

What about Janet Leigh, Jamie Lee's real life mother and star of PSYCHO in HALLOWEEN H20, a movie that I will go on record and say..... I LIKED! It wasn't perfect but fun! Take that Michael J.!!!!!

skutterk Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:23 PM | 70360

At least for that 30 seconds. Lol I agree with you guys on that one. I was so surprised to see her in it. Plus I just love that movie. I'm wear a DR t-shirt as we speak.lol
Ryn Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:26 PM | 70361
I'll take this time to mention the greatest cameo-ster of all time.......TED RAIMI! Come on! The guy lives by the cameo! The only person who can even hold a candle to him is Clint Howard. Clint only comes in second because his cameos are usually in very non-horror Ron Howard movies!! They've got cool brothers..........my brother sucks...
vbrockladyv Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:31 PM | 70363
Actually Justin, I will go on record as saying that H20 is my second favorite in the series, as I count H1 & H2 as one movie.

And I thought that was badass that Janet Leigh was in H20, and did you noticed what car she got into in that one scene? It was the same make & model as the one she drove in Psycho.

Ahh see here we go! Teams are forming! Alex from RIR Radio is an H20 fan also! We have our own click! And yes Ken I loved that she had the same car and if I remember correctly the muc even played a few PSYCHO bars in the background.

Somewhere right now Michael J. is wanting to do this...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:32 PM | 70364

One of my favorite cameo's. And the fact that when she walked to the car the Psycho muc started playing...clasc.
Ryn Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:36 PM | 70366
Takashi Miike in HOSTEL and Ruggero Deodato in HOSTEL 2. I also love all the cameos RZ has going on in his films, too many to name!
ny ghoul Thursday 1/20/2011 at 11:28 PM | 70375
Wait a friggin minute here! Am I misng something, I have the perfect cameo!

BILL MURRAY in ZOMBIELAND! Do I get some kind of award here for being the first to mention this? I literally got out of bed to come upstairs to my office to type this!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 1/22/2011 at 09:35 AM | 70462
I don't think I have a favorite cameo in a horror movie but there are a lot of cool ones. And in the interest of sharing one that may be a bit obscure how about the chin himself Bruce Campbell in Waxwork II: Lost in Time. It can be found on Netflix instant view section. When I first saw this film I was pleasantly surprised that Campbell showed up in it.
Piman334 Wednesday 1/26/2011 at 05:53 PM | 70778