Forums Horror Movie Talk
FRENCH HORROR

look at the films that have come out of France the last few years....

HIGH TENON, INDE, THEM, FRONTIER(S), SHEITAN, CALVERE, MARTYRS, IRREVERBLE.....

anyone else agree the French have owned horror lately?
ny ghoul Saturday 1/22/2011 at 03:28 PM | 70474
some good films for sure.
skutterk Saturday 1/22/2011 at 08:44 PM | 70482
The state of horror in the US compared to places like France is apauling. The foreign films that I've seen own everything I've seen in the states by a landslide.
Ryn Saturday 1/22/2011 at 09:46 PM | 70485
The state of horror in the US compared to places like France is apauling. The foreign films that I've seen own everything I've seen in the states by a landslide. My thoughts exactaly. If you watch the french movies, or any other Euro movie for that matter, everything doesn't always work out to be "OK

" and warm and fuzzy at the end. Life isn't "warm and fuzzy" and that's what I dig about the foreign films. They don't make movies that are only dened to make you feel good, they show

real life.They show the dirt, the art, the feeling of what would really be happening. Most people here in the states can't handle that....bunch of spoon fed, spoiled "foster my self esteem" little cry babies. Nick
myers n San Diego Saturday 1/22/2011 at 10:18 PM | 70487
Good points. The producers and studios in Europe have supported the writers and directors true vion. The pay off has been quality film after quality film....and successful at that. The American scene still wants the easy road to $$$ returns and they are solidly convinced that remakes and brainless franchises such as SAW or FINAL DESTINATION are the way to go. Once in a while a ck film breaks through, such as THE COLLECTOR. Flawed as it was (with plot holes you could steer the SS Enterprise through), THE COLLECTOR was a brutal film that harkened the 70's and 80's. The studios also fall in love with certain directors. You guys better get used to Adam Green and Ti West!
ny ghoul Sunday 1/23/2011 at 12:35 AM | 70495
" Inde " was just, wow. Jacked up movie ! " Irreverble ", heh, couldn't be a more appropriate title. There's things in that movie that I can never unsee !

I wholeheartedly agree with Ryn, the American horror scene as of late has been pretty pathetic. I personally blame the studios and the ratings system. Every horror movie that's been any kind of success lately always gets dumbed down to a PG13 rating so its more acceble to the mainstream. Sorry but in my humble opinion horror shouldn't be mainstream acceble. Good horror flicks should make you feel dirty when you watch them.

Norway has some good ones as well. Anyone see " Dead Snow " yet ?

poeticmadness Tuesday 2/01/2011 at 09:10 PM | 71229