Just watched it and I must say, its just as good if not BETTER then the original "Let The Right One In". Anybody else see it and agree????
Anonymous Sunday 1/23/2011 at 03:41 AM | 70502
I gotta say I LOVED the original film and I just can't bring myself to watch the remake. I heard they made it a bit more brutal which I wasn't thrilled about and changed the ending showing way more than the original. Take that and the fact that both films are quite a bit different than the oirginal book and its just tough. I need to break down and watch it, I just fear I will be overly biased.

What did you enjoy better? I would love to hear so maybe I can get pumped up to watch it? Great topic by the way..
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 1/23/2011 at 03:51 AM | 70504
Honestly, I liked the remake more. I don't say that too often. I liked the fact that it was bloodier, and more action packed. But the biggest sell for me was the way they built/revealed the characters . Chloe Moretz was excellent as Abby as was Kodi Smit-McPhee who played the role of Owen. These kids can both really act. I can only say good things about this movie. Probably the best horror film of 2010.You should definitely give it a go.
Anonymous Sunday 1/23/2011 at 05:46 AM | 70507
See now you have me interested in seeing it. Our reviewer here on the te "Canadian Will" wasn't a fan of the remake and we tend to agree a lot of times but I need to give it a chance. That is my problem, I will something make up my mind before I go see a remake, which isn't fair but its something that most of us are gulity with.

I find it interesting what the left in the original foreigh veron as well as the American veron. The young boy (who goes by different names in all three tellings) in the novel is a very large, obesse kid which is why when the bullies are making fun of him they call him piggy, etc. The bully fight scene was also very different as was some of the relationships in the film.

I am all about gore but dangit that film was subtle (some found it boring) but I really enjoyed that, that is why the remake scares me but you've perked my interest enough. I will have to get a copy and make sure to give it a go. I am sure it can't be worse than some of the films I have to watch from time to time (cough, CAMPOUT NIGHTMARE 6) Just kidding Mikey!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 1/23/2011 at 09:11 AM | 70509
I LOVED Let Me In. I saw it as soon as it was in the theaters and thought it was amazing. Chloe Moretz was amazing I thought. I really liked how the movie was dark and depresng and really didnt take place too many other places than where they lived. I thought it was as good if not better than the original. Nick

myers n San Diego Monday 1/24/2011 at 02:49 AM | 70571