Forums Horror Movie Talk
Saw 3D A MAJOR Disappointment?

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I just watched Saw 3D and was really disappointed. I didn't feel there was a payoff and it left more questions than answers. I know that it's condered the NEW horror, but enough is enough. After the third they really should've stopped. The death of Jigsaw was the death of the series IMO. I miss the clasc slashers of the 80s. If this is what horror is coming to I think the genre is in serious trouble.
LoomisLives2010 Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:15 AM | 70891
I disagree. I liked it as well as the other 6. I'm a big lover of the series. I really can't believe the series is done. I'm calling BS on that one, b/c like you say there are more questions then answers. I'm gonna even go as far as saying Saw will be back next year in some shape or form, and I'm always right although my girl will tell you otherwise! As far as a big payoff, your right. Nothing big, but nonetheless there was a payoff moment which could have been awesome, but I guess writers Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan wanted us to leave the movie saying "Whats gonna happen now" rather then us saying "that ending was F'ed up!!"
Anonymous Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:41 AM | 70893
I agree, im a huge fan of the saw series (except part 5, horrible movie), but saw 3d definitly disappointed me. But i think in my case its becuase i was very excited and had huge expectations so i kinda doomed the movie myself. And im almost potive there is not going to be another saw for at least 10 years unless its a prequel (hint hint).
MiLeSx13x Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:20 PM | 70924
I will be seeing it once I get to my brothers and am looking forward to it but also expect to be disapointed in it much like I really have with the others. I have watched them all waiting for something to come anywhere near the first. This to me was one of them series that got pushed out to fast and lost alot of the excitement especially once Jigsaw was dead. My brother said the kills were cool but I guess I just want more to it then cool kills. Once I see it I will make sure to post my thoughts of it. I will say though I hope this really is the end and please no prequels either.
cropsy Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:42 PM | 70927
What can I say? I loved it, maybe it wasn't the best of all, but it was good :)
SAWfreak Friday 1/28/2011 at 07:59 PM | 70949