Forums Horror Movie Talk
Halloween III - My Thoughts

Well most people curse this movie, but the truth is this movie is not that bad the story line is pretty cool, Dan O'Herlihy gives us a good villian witch doctor and Tom Atkins delivers a good performance as the hero. We all know that this don't connect with the first two Halloween movies but remember thay had killed Michael Myers off in Halloween 2. The best veron is the uncut veron if you can get your hands on it, all death scenes un-edited makes this film a better watch and a song you will never forget.

What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWVxS4hk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tvVla5AHmA
Shakelford, J. Rusty Friday 1/28/2011 at 09:45 AM | 70914
most people say it sucks because myers isnt in it and are too blind to watch it for what it is

if anyone here wants to say it sucks go ahead

BUT............................... i want to hear legit reasons

if you say because myers isnt in it your answer is disqualified i need real reasons, acting, script etc................
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/28/2011 at 10:47 AM | 70918
Whoa whoa whoa hold up a second...theres an uncut veron

!!! How do i get ahold of this? As for the movie its alright, its not my favorite of the series, but its clasc 80s B movie fun.

MiLeSx13x Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:09 PM | 70923
I have always loved Season of the Witch. It's a bad ass horror sci-fi ride. I love everything about it. The story, the masks , everything.

Ryn Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:24 PM | 70925
I LOVE this film. It is such a fun movie as it was something totally different from the Myers filled Halloweens before. I know it is "horrible" to the "True" fans of Halloween and for that I say kiss my ass.

Just cause Michael Myers was not in it??? Get over it. Myers was DEAD and this was a great way to go. I am so tired of the so called "true fans" who think they are better then everyone else and if you do like this film you are not a "real" Myers fan. The idea was sound and the acting was far from horrible. There is nothing more scary then someone wanting to hurt kids and no better way to do it then Halloween masks. There is no person alive who has gone and never worn a Halloween mask making it even eaer to relate to. Tom Atkins kicked butt in this as always along with Dan O'Herlihey as Cochran. Stacey Nelkin was smoking hot and of course that didn't hurt either. I will always say that had this been released as Season of the Witch and not had Halloween in the title people would have enjoyed it much more for what it is instead of being a bunch of mindless sheep following what is cool by the "true" or "real" fans of Halloween.
cropsy Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:33 PM | 70926
All very strong and well thought out points. I have always liked this film nce I first saw it at the age of 7. When I was younger I didn't understand why there was no pick up from the Halloween 2 but I quickly moved on and enjoyed the movie. I've always heard about the uncut veron and still would like to hear more about it. I know there was a lot of behind the scene disaster during pre production.

I think the best way we can all get answers to these question is for Mike to call Tommy Lee Wallace......................Expect him on Rabbit in Red in under a month fingers crossed.

Vince
Rabbit in Red Radio Friday 1/28/2011 at 04:16 PM | 70932
Oh man you guys gotta get on TLW. That would be beyond amazing.
Ryn Friday 1/28/2011 at 04:29 PM | 70933
I feel that the reason why this movie is so hated, including myself at the time. Was because everyone was in love with Michael & that's who they wanted to see. So when season came out & there was no michael in it, people just instantly hated it without even giving the film a chance. I admit I was one of those people, but years later when I watched it again after realizing the direction the writers & producers were trying to go in, I now realize how excellent of a film it really is.

skutterk Friday 1/28/2011 at 04:34 PM | 70934
Thanks to Super Producer Michael J, Tommy Lee Wallace is confirmed so expect to hear the interview next week. I have a bunch of questions but send me a PM and tell me what I should ask. 9/10 odds I have it on my list LOL but you know what send it anyway and I will give you credit as who asked the question.

You guys keep me from sleeping and always working on the show, and that's a good thing!
Rabbit in Red Radio Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:25 PM | 70936
I love this movie and have nce I first saw it. Its got mood so thick you can cut it with a knife. Great muc, creepy....great film.
ny ghoul Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:39 PM | 70938
I think Part 3 is a great stand alone movie! But, yeah, I really don't conder it a Halloween film. I kind of relate it to Jason Goes to Hell, If it was a movie called Creighton Goes To Hell it would have been pretty good. But when you put out a film as a franchise, but don't use the protagonist who has made the series successful

previously, you risk long the core of the story. I think that's exactly what happened with both of those movies. Its unfortunate because, filmed in a different light, they both could have been clascs.
UndeadDave76 Friday 1/28/2011 at 09:19 PM | 70963
I really wish they would release the uncut veron but I know that is as likely to happen as the P-Cut getting an "official" release
cropsy Friday 1/28/2011 at 09:49 PM | 70967
ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES! WHO CARES THAT MICHAELS NOT IN IT, HE WAS DEAD. IT SHOULD HAVE PROBABLY BEEN TITLED SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT WOULD WE HAVE ALL SAW IT? MAYBE NOT. TOM ATKINS OWNS IN THAT MOVIE! LVER SHAMROCK SHOULD BE A REAL COMPANY AND WHY DOES DON POST NOT STILL MAKE THOSE MASKS? CRAZY BUT I LOVE THE MOVIE, MAY WATCH IT THIS WEEKEND NOW THAT YOU GUYS GOT ME EXCITED TO TALK ABOUT IT.

HBIDFAN4LIFE Saturday 1/29/2011 at 01:16 AM | 70978
This is my third fav of the series. H1 H2 H3 in that order.
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 1/29/2011 at 03:26 AM | 70988
I for one always liked Halloween III.

I think I know the reason why this film came about. J. Carpenter and D. Hill bacally had to do two sequels or face a lawsuit. So what they decided to do was open it up to give young directors a chance to direct their first films and tell their stories. So you got Halloween II that continued the story rather nicely of the first film. Then when they got to Halloween III the idea was put forth that they would try to turn the series into an anthology type of thing. This anthology series would be film that used the Halloween holiday as a part of the story in some way. And Halloween III certainly nailed this. But because we had already seen Myers twice in two great films many fans were hooked and wanted more. If they had started with the anthology in the beginning it may have stuck and worked.

Piman334 Saturday 1/29/2011 at 03:44 AM | 70989
I think it's a hell of a film. Wonderful storyline, great cinematography. The song.... Amazingly annoying, buy I associate every Halloween season with that song. I think they should have maybe called it Samhain, or just Season Of The Witch, or All Hallows Eve. Calling it Halloween III insts its part of a trilogy and it def isn't. What it is is a great stand alone film....
allthingsundead Saturday 1/29/2011 at 06:12 AM | 71002