Forums Off Topic
Robin Williams is Hugo Strange in "The Dark Knight Rises"?

Robin Williams played the bad guy in Christopher Nolan's "Insomnia," which is why many expect him to play a villain in "The Dark Knight Rises."

The actor is on record stating that he would love to join Nolan's Batman franchise. "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone," he said, adding: "The Batman films have screwed me twice before: years ago they offered me The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey."

Now comes word from BatmanOnFilm webte that Williams is in talks to play Hugo Strange. It was assumed that Tom Hardy would be playing Strange, but it was later confirmed that he will be playing Bane instead.

Question: Is Williams a good fit to play Hugo Strange?

Shakelford, J. Rusty Saturday 1/29/2011 at 11:45 AM | 71009
I never knew Robin Williams were offered those parts.

I think he'll make a good Strange.
skutterk Saturday 1/29/2011 at 02:25 PM | 71013
I think this is staring to sound more and more like one of those horrible Joel Shumacher Batman abortions. What I LOVED about Batman Begins is the way it wasn't "over the top".

It was dark, mysterious and had an actual story to it. This franchise is on the brink of turning into another circus dog and pony show. For God's sake...Catwoman, Bane, Hugo...how many more are we going to throw in there?They should have stopped after the last one. They always do this without fail. The franchise shows success and money making potential and they start going WAY over board with actors and plots.Nick
myers n San Diego Saturday 1/29/2011 at 04:17 PM | 71018
I AGREE WITH NICK, THE LAST MOVIE, WAS MORE A MOVIE FOR THE JOKER & HARVEY DENT. WHICH THEY DIDN'T EVEN SHOW TWO FACE CHARACTER @ ALL. YES I LOVE ROBIN WILLIAMS TO DEATH AND WILL STILL SEE THE MOVIE WHENEVER IT COMES OUT. BUT THEY ARE MILKING IT.
TheShape1188 Sunday 1/30/2011 at 11:44 PM | 71088
The Dark Knight showed the world what a superhero movie can be. It was a dark story that showed a world Batman should be in. Like it or not every superhero deals with his rouge gallery. And Batman in my eyes has some of the best. You can have multiple villains if it's done right. And with Nolan at the helm it should be done well. I am beyond excited that the story is going on from TDK. Robin Williams is an amazing actor with range I didn't expect. He could pull off Strange.
Ryn Monday 1/31/2011 at 03:48 PM | 71116
[quote="myers nI think this is staring to sound more and more like one of those horrible Joel Shumacher Batman abortions. What I LOVED about Batman Begins is the way it wasn't "over the top".

BUT THEY ARE MILKING IT.

I can't believe you guys are saying this for real. Dark Knight was one of the best movies of the last 10 years and was a large step up from Batman Begins. It was darker and had an even better story as well as real character development. And so many people complained that there would be too many characters in the last film and they were totally wrong nce most characters were not featured long. You guys are fans of batman and don't want to see another high quality sequel? Common on. And if I don't see for a second how they are going overboard with actors and plot. Christopher Nolan is taking batman back to what he was in begins, which is dark and hunted for being a vigilante so you should be excited. Christopher Nolan is an amazing film maker and took time off from Batman so they could write a really great story and didn't rush into making another film like most franchises. They took their time with Dark Knight and did a great job so I'm sure they will do the same this time around. Just relax and have some faith. Quality actors and plot are a GOOD thing and with Mr. Nolan's history I wouldn't be suprised if this far surpasses all other Batman films.

And as far as Robin Williams, it would be nice to see him not get screwed over for a role in Batman. I know he's had a crappy history with the franchise and he could really bring something to the role nce he has far proven himself as a dramatic actor. I can't wait to hear more about the film and the people involved.
weaponx Monday 1/31/2011 at 09:21 PM | 71139