Forums Off Topic
Javier Bardem Offered Villain Role in "James Bond 23"

Javier Bardem was recently nominated for Best Actor Oscar for his role in "Biutiful," offered the lead role of Roland Deschain in the big screen adaptation of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" and just welcomed his first son with Penelope Cruz.

Deadline is now reporting that the actor has also just been offered a starring role in the upcoming James Bond film, which is set to hit theaters on November 9th, 2012.

Details about his character are being kept a secret, but many believe he will likely play the villain. After his role in "No Country For Old Men," Bardem has been offered several villain roles, including in Oliver Stone's "Wall Street" sequel, which the actor turned down.

Daniel Craig will be returning as the British secret agent, with Sam Mendes directing a screenplay written by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan. That script is being kept under wraps but the story begins after "Quantum Of Solace" leaves off.

Shakelford, J. Rusty Tuesday 2/01/2011 at 04:42 AM | 71162
Sounds good to me! Bardem is a great actor and has proven he can play a villain quite well.
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/01/2011 at 05:04 AM | 71163
If they are going to keep going with trying to make the Bond films a bit more realistic then Javier Bardem would be awesome as a Bond villain. And I must say that I would much rather see Mr. Bardem as a villain in the Dark Tower film adaptation then as The hero Roland.
Piman334 Tuesday 2/01/2011 at 07:47 PM | 71218