Forums Horror Movie Talk
VHS collectons

So last night for some reason i really wanted to watch an old school friday movie, so i was looking at my friday box set to find what one i wanted to watch. But for some reason i had this urge to watch it on vhs instead of dvd. My tape was a bit worn and it was pretty grainy but thats what the 80s slashers are all about. Maybe im in the minority here but i almost preffered it on vhs. Maybe i just picked the right movie. I dont think all would be better on vhs but i had a lot of fun. I rememeber a few months ago horrorbid posted a story about that and showed someone with a pretty nice vhs collection. I went through all my boxes and found movies i completely forgot about. Do you guys ever catch yourself throwing on a vhs movie still? If so i would love to hear about your guys collection. I have at least 100 vhs horror movies so far, some pretty rare. If you can post some pictures, i will try to do the same myself.
MiLeSx13x Thursday 2/03/2011 at 07:59 PM | 71351
Strangely enough, I did that exact thing this past Sunday. I was cleaning out a closet, and I found a box with an old Tape recorder and a VHS tape of Microwave Massacre in it. Needless to say, I stopped the whole closet project, and popped in the movie. Ahhhh what memories.

Anonymous Thursday 2/03/2011 at 09:27 PM | 71352
THE ONLY VHS TAPES I HAVE LEFT ARE 2 VERON OF HALLOWEEN FROM BLOCKBUSTER EDITION

TheShape1188 Thursday 2/03/2011 at 10:19 PM | 71355
MiLeSx13x, you must have ran across the article I wrote about VHS and horror. If so, hope you enjoyed it.

I have a box set VHS of Halloween 1-2-3. Not much other than that. Looking back I remember when I was a young man going to the mom&pop rental stores, and oh yes...even renting a VHS player. Yeah, I'm that old. (now where did I put my cane?)

"Be Kind, Rewind".......or pay a $1 rewind fee, lol.

The walk around the small store. Stopping to pick up a cardboard VHS box and gawk at the awesome cover art. The grabbing of the little tab you would pull and give to the clerk so they could walk to the back room and retrieve your movie.

Now set the tracking so the picture will hold still for an enjoyable watch.

Whoa, I almost went into a trance there. I think I'll go make sure my DVD's are all rewound.
aceofspades70 Friday 2/04/2011 at 03:04 AM | 71366
MiLeSx13x, you must have ran across the article I wrote about VHS and horror. If so, hope you enjoyed it.

I have a box set VHS of Halloween 1-2-3. Not much other than that. Looking back I remember when I was a young man going to the mom&pop rental stores, and oh yes...even renting a VHS player. Yeah, I'm that old. (now where did I put my cane?)

"Be Kind, Rewind".......or pay a $1 rewind fee, lol.

The walk around the small store. Stopping to pick up a cardboard VHS box and gawk at the awesome cover art. The grabbing of the little tab you would pull and give to the clerk so they could walk to the back room and retrieve your movie.

Now set the tracking so the picture will hold still for an enjoyable watch.

Whoa, I almost went into a trance there. I think I'll go make sure my DVD's are all rewound.

I very much enjoyed it, i thought i was the only one with some strange connection with my vhs movies. So you guys got rid of all your vhs movies, i just cant get rid of them for some reason. There was one last store called v and t video that had all kinds of old vhs's and about a week ago i drove by and they closed!!! It was a very sad day
MiLeSx13x Friday 2/04/2011 at 03:34 PM | 71390
Outstanding. I'm waiting for the day when I find an old VHS collection somewhere at a yard sale or something.
aceofspades70 Friday 2/04/2011 at 05:11 PM | 71394
Hey guys, I was digging around my place, and I came across these VHS horror tapes. I remember getting these about 15 years ago when a mom and pop video store shut their doors.

Anonymous Saturday 2/05/2011 at 02:21 AM | 71410
Unfortunately all my VHS tape are long gone, but I do still get the urge to watch one every now and then.

If only I had known how much I would miss them...

Bnizzle, that "Motel Hell" is awesome!
chubacabra Sunday 2/06/2011 at 04:20 PM | 71466
Here's a few shelves of some of my collection:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

gojo Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 08:16 PM | 71589
Man I wish I had kept all my VHS tapes now, you guys have me Great thread though.

skutterk Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 08:20 PM | 71592
OMG. Those are some crazy titles gojo. I love it!!! Is there any way you can lay them flat, de by de and take some pictures?? I'd love to see the cover art!! I think I'm gonna hit the flea market this spring and hunt me down some horror VHS tapes...one's with really cool artwork. I'll bet you can get em for under a buck all day, every day. Thanks for sharing!!!

For that you are...
Anonymous Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 08:25 PM | 71594
Awesome collection and I need to find what i have left of my collection. The move has made it hard to know what is where.
cropsy Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 11:20 PM | 71608
OMG. Those are some crazy titles gojo. I love it!!! Is there any way you can lay them flat, de by de and take some pictures?? I'd love to see the cover art!! I think I'm gonna hit the flea market this spring and hunt me down some horror VHS tapes...one's with really cool artwork. I'll bet you can get em for under a buck all day, every day. Thanks for sharing!!!

For that you are... Thanks :) I'll see what I can do tomorrow picturewise off to work :(
gojo Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 01:14 AM | 71616
This is about 1/5 of my collection, will try to add more tomorrow. vhs2.jpg vhs3.jpg
MiLeSx13x Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 02:05 AM | 71618
gojo I love that collection! Seeing horror VHS tapes brings me back to the late 80's as a child. Another great thread, you guys are really putting out some nice topics.

Vince
Rabbit in Red Radio Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 02:52 PM | 71641
Nice collection MiLeSx13x..Lots of clascs.
Anonymous Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 09:44 PM | 71656
Hi all, Adding to pics from the collection-here is the beta de....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us I also was mesng around and took a pic of some of the buttons I gathered from when I worked at the movie theater years ago that we used to have to wear on our vests.

gojo Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 11:03 PM | 71663
Holy Crap, them buttons are AWESOME!!! Especially the Critters one!! Nice stuff!!
Anonymous Thursday 2/10/2011 at 12:12 AM | 71666
Yea great collection gojo, i have to wait til my friend comes over to take some more pics. I'm probably not going to take pics of the obvious ones like all the nightmare on elm streets and halloweens, im going to try to get the not so known or not so easy to find ones. How long have you been collecting?
MiLeSx13x Thursday 2/10/2011 at 12:57 AM | 71670
More beta tapes and some misc collection notables:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us X-Kult collection (sorry had to black one box out for content)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Zombie CED
gojo Thursday 2/10/2011 at 05:21 PM | 71704