Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Happening

The Happening was not Happen'n.

Well, I don't want to say too much for those of you who haven't seen it . . . well lets face it, you're not misng anything.

My biggest problem with this film is it's dialog.

It treats the audience like it's a 2 year old and spells out obvious plot points with waisted talking and characters.

Everything cool that happens in the movie you see in the trailer so I suggest you watch the trailer online a few times and you'll be more than satisfied.

Very over hyped film (personal opinion).

They really pushed the "R" rating

in their adverting but there was hardly ANYTHING in the movie that was "R" rated.

There was one scene . .. had to do with a zoo keeper in the lions Den . .. HORRIBLE CGI . . .just flat HORRIBLE (I laughed out loud in the theater when I saw this).

Again, M. Night Shamaalkkjlw

(whatever LOL) rather makes a Great movie or makes a horrible movie.

(p.s. I wish Marky Mark hadn't been involved in this movie)
DaShape Friday 6/13/2008 at 09:23 PM | 13280
Thanks for the heads up.

I was kind of on the fence with this one.

I will wait for it to be on DVD then.
Evildsm Friday 6/13/2008 at 09:42 PM | 13283
Thanks for the heads up Joel. I was on the fence about going to see this one too. On one hand the trailer looked pretty good but on the other hand in my opinion his films seem to be steadily getting worse and I wasn't entirely confident this one would turn the tide.
lblambert Friday 6/13/2008 at 09:44 PM | 13284
No problem guys,

I'm very torn about his movies also.

I love them or hate them.

They had a good enough marketing campaign for "THE HAPPENING" to spark everybody's interest in his movies again but "THE HAPPENING" falls very short of expectations.

I'm really just trying to save people money

. . .well if you were on the fence about this or didn't know anything about it.

If you really like M. Nights movies then by all means don't let me stop you . . .go see it and judge for yourself.

I'm just looking out for those who aren't expecting much and aren't huge fans to begin with.
DaShape Friday 6/13/2008 at 10:06 PM | 13285
Well thats a bummer! I was kinda excited about this one!

CartyParty Saturday 6/14/2008 at 02:19 PM | 13327
Well thats a bummer! I was kinda excited about this one!Exactly. I liked what I saw in the trailers but not enough to watch a hour 1/2 veron. I'll still see it, but not in theaters.
Myers31TKD Saturday 6/14/2008 at 06:17 PM | 13350
Man I wanted to see this one. Oh well, I thought the trailer was ok so if thats the best part I may as well just pass on this.
quietonthesetstudios Monday 6/16/2008 at 01:14 PM | 13535
there was no fence for me to t on i just didnt want to see it lol
Johnny Bisco Thursday 6/19/2008 at 12:32 AM | 13752