Forums Horror Movie Talk
I know we all hate remakes, but...

There are a lot of movies that were completely butchered, we all know what they are. There were a few decent remakes(very few) but do you guys think there is a movie out there that actually deserves a remake? I think the crazies was a pretty good remake. And im still excited about the new childs play, i think thats one of the few that might benifit from a remake. And i agree with horrorbid, Joe Dante doing a critters reboot with no CGI would be pretty fun.
MiLeSx13x Monday 2/07/2011 at 06:33 PM | 71523
I'm not sure that it needs or deserves a remake but I've heard that there was talk of remaking David Cronenberg's The Fly. of course his The Fly is itself a remake. So if it was made again we would have a remake of a remake. But I loved his film and the talk was that he was going to be doing this new veron. So I would defiantly see this if he remade it he is still a great filmmaker.
Piman334 Monday 2/07/2011 at 07:00 PM | 71526
looking forward to the new Critters and Child Play films big time and as for remakes I liked the newer Texas Chainsaw films I liked having the drill Sargent from Full Metal Jacket play a cop in those

VoltronLions Monday 2/07/2011 at 07:07 PM | 71528
Dare I say...gulp...The Birds...I love the original, but I think it could look so much better if it was filmed today. What the heck they've remade just about everything else. It could be kinda fun much like the Piranha remake. I can see it now... BIRDS---BOOBS---BEER. All the makings of a great horror flick!!!
Anonymous Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 12:07 AM | 71541
Dare I say...gulp...The Birds...I love the original, but I think it could look so much better if it was filmed today. What the heck they've remade just about everything else. It could be kinda fun much like the Piranha remake. I can see it now... BIRDS---BOOBS---BEER. All the makings of a great horror flick

Lol Thats dangerous territory good r. It would definitly be interesting. I have a feeling if they remade it, it would be like that terrible sequel they made for it. The sequel almost felt like a remake itself.
MiLeSx13x Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 04:23 AM | 71544
the last few hitchcock remakes (especially psycho) were travesties of justice

just let the man and his movies rest in piece

or maybe hollywood can *gasp* come up with an original movie for once
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 09:59 AM | 71557
I can't wait for the Pet Sematary remake I just hope its not fucked up. I would like to see a Cujo remake.

FreddyKrueger13 Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 10:09 AM | 71558
Hi all, As much as I am displeased with remakes,

imo there are a few that stand out: The Thing Invaon of the bodysnatchers The Fly It seems like once every few years we find a diamond in the rough of remakes, but far few and between. Having said that I would like to see The Keep remade (I would love to see Carpenter direct).
gojo Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 01:33 PM | 71559
The films id want to remake noone would probably give a shit anyway....BURIAL GROUND anyone? TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD? BUOI OMEGA? Id love to shine some light on great underground films that could be so cool with a better production. Bisco is right though, better we see fresh new ideas rather than remakes. Part of the problem is that too many of the new school "horror" directors out there are rich film school puses, not real horror fans.
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 04:15 PM | 71564
Some remakes are good, some are bad. Most of the good ones came out before the 2000s
lopli Thursday 2/10/2011 at 05:07 PM | 71700
Full Moon Features’ 50% OFF Valentine’s Day SALE* Starts Today! * Free Shipping and Handling to US and Canada * Puppet Master 8-Disc Box Set on sale for only $50 * Subspecies and Trancers Box Sets both for $30 * Puppet Master 1 Re-Mastered Blu-Ray for $12.48 * Puppet Master 1 Re-Mastered DVD for $7.48 * $100 t Card for only $50! * $50 t Card for $25 and $25 t Card for $12.50 * Limited Edition Blu-Ray Andre Toulon Collector's Trunk for $34.98 and DVD veron for $24.98 o Includes original Puppet Master and Axis of Evil movie, mini poster, collector cards and character stickers in a crafted Andre Toulon Puppet Master case * $10 Full Moon T-shirts o Puppet Master, Subspecies, Evil Bong, etc.* Red Blade Replica for only $100, including free DVD * Killjoy 3 Disc Box Set - $14.98 * Full Moon Clascs Set - $30 * $20 William Shatner’s Fright Night 3 Disc Box set * Evil Bong with Tommy Chong DVD for $7.50 * Gingerdead Man & more for only $4.99! * 18-Disc Archive Box Set for only $60! * Surrender Cinema 12-Disc Box Set for $45 * Battle Damaged Tunneler and Jester Replicas for only $100 * Bronze Blade Statue for $12.50 * Evil Bong Replica for $15 * $10 gnature Vintage Posters o Including Dr. Mordrid, Subspecies, Trancers, Puppet Master and Pit and the Pendulum* Meridian and Dollman Posters for only $5 * Limited Edition Blade and Tunneler Ren Statues for $14.98 * Take advantage and shop around at

www.fullmoondirect.com * February 11th -15th
goblingobbler28 Friday 2/11/2011 at 10:03 PM | 71800
The films id want to remake noone would probably give a shit anyway....BURIAL GROUND anyone? TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD? BUOI OMEGA? Id love to shine some light on great underground films that could be so cool with a better production. Bisco is right though, better we see fresh new ideas rather than remakes. Part of the problem is that too many of the new school "horror" directors out there are rich film school puses, not real horror fans.

Ghoul, those are perfect examples of movies that could do well with remakes. Although the Blind Dead was still kind of freaky, it could do with better production values. I believe that a movie should only be remade if the original idea was really good, but the execution suffered.
strangerathome Friday 2/11/2011 at 10:26 PM | 71801

now see id love a blind dead redo, 3 of the 4 movies were great but the effects are so dated
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/12/2011 at 09:50 AM | 71826