Forums Off Topic
Remeber when you didn't know?

Remember when you didn't know any better and all Myers masks looked so cool! You got such a THRILL and were just happy to have a new Myers Mask!! Sometimes I miss those days a lot.

Now that I know better and have become such a Myers Mask Snob, that rush of buying a new Myers mask for $60 is gone

Feeling that rush is far and few in between when your spending hundreds of $$$$ on a MaskI remember when I found my first masks on Ebay. My very first MMP Samhain for $60 and to me that was a lot, but I was so excited!!!! Then came the Mr. Murder, Della Torre Patient and a few others that I don't own any longer. I don't think I spent more than $80 on any of them, but boy was I thrilled to open that box when it came.

Sometimes I almost wish I didn't know what I know about the Hero and all that blah, blah, blah just so I could be happy buying cheap masks again ....Ya Know what I mean??

Nick
myers n San Diego Monday 2/07/2011 at 08:55 PM | 71534
I FEEL YA NICK. I APPRECIATE BOTH ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM, BEING THAT UNEDUCATED GIDDY LITTLE KID ON XMAS MORNING WAITING FOR THEIR CAPTAIN KIRK MASK!!

THEN THE EDUCATED MASK COLLECTOR, WHO APPRECIATES IT MORE & SEE'S THE DETAIL & HOW EVERYTHING WENT INTO WHATEVER MASK YOU HAVE COMING.

VERY COOL POST. I STILL GET BOTH FEELINGS.

J
TheShape1188 Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 05:09 AM | 71551
I got wrapped up in the "myers fever" as well and two years later Im staring at over ten masks thinking about what I spent. I love them but I realize now that Id probably be happy with owning 2 or 3 ones that I really love. I think Im over the phase of wanting to buy so many lol....I hope!
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 05:33 PM | 71572
I got wrapped up in the "myers fever" as well and two years later Im staring at over ten masks thinking about what I spent. I love them but I realize now that Id probably be happy with owning 2 or 3 ones that I really love. I think Im over the phase of wanting to buy so many lol....I hope That's what I'm doing right now my friend. I'm slimming down to only a few Myers...maybe 3. I started having too many and that's not why I wanted a Myers Mask when I first started. Quality....not Quantity.Nick
myers n San Diego Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 07:19 PM | 71581
bro I have to say with all the creeps, h78's, etc etc Ive seen your JC Madman 78 stands up to all of them, i love it! thats a keeper!
ny ghoul Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 05:54 PM | 71648
bro I have to say with all the creeps, h78's, etc etc Ive seen your JC Madman 78 stands up to all of them, i love it! thats a keeper! Thank you so much my friend that means a lot to me. That is by far my favorite in my collection, prob even more than my JC 99. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my 99, but that Madman...JC really did a number on the guy.

Thanks so much for the kind words. Coming from a verteran like yourself that means a lotNick
myers n San Diego Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 07:37 PM | 71652
I definitely understand. I still have the hockey mask I bought from K-Mart when I was 10.....admittedly in 1986....I had to drill all of the holes it didn't have, cut the axe mark and paint the red marks. I thought that it was perfect! Made movies with it and everything. Now I spend a butt load on a hock and when I get it, I bitch about the ze, the eye holes, how the axe cut is, are the scuffs right, and on and on and on. I really miss just seeing a plain white mask and letting my imagination explode. Oh to be innocent and unjaded....
vbrockladyv Thursday 2/10/2011 at 06:08 AM | 71682
Mines a little different. When i was younger i would go out to flea markets and little video stores and they had so many movies there but i was only interested in the bigger titles like Friday the 13thand Halloween

. I missed out on so many rare titles that are imposble to find nowadays

MiLeSx13x Thursday 2/10/2011 at 09:45 PM | 71718
The good ol days....

$60 bucks between them both.
skutterk Sunday 2/13/2011 at 08:41 PM | 71902