Forums Horror Movie Talk
My Zombie Script

I always thought that writing a zombie script would be really fun, but what i wanted to do has already been done...Dawn of the dead. My favorite zombie movie and a perfect setting for it. So i was thinking about a setting, cause i think that is a major part. So if i cant do a mall, what about a prison? Isolation, limited weapons, the zombies are going to be even bigger and a lot harder to kill. Im not sure if i want the slow clasc zombies, or the crazy 28 days later zombies. What do you guys think? It hasn't been done yet has it?
MiLeSx13x Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 03:56 PM | 71563
Sounds like a good idea you have there. I would deff use the Fast Zombies.
skutterk Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 08:09 PM | 71587
Hmmmmmm....I like the idea of ung a prison as the setting. From what I've seen thus far, I don't ever recall a prison in any zombie movie. If the movie is going to be less serious/comedic, I'd go with the slow paced, stupid, easy to kill zombie. If you want the movie to be really scary then I'd go with the fast paced smarter form. That's just my opinion though. Hopefully others will chime in with their thought. Good Luck Brother.
Anonymous Tuesday 2/08/2011 at 08:19 PM | 71591
a prison is a long setting period for the Comic "the walking dead".
tyler123 Thursday 2/10/2011 at 10:12 PM | 71720
A prison could be a great setting for a Zombie film. But the more important part of the script is of course your characters. Showing who they are through the actions they take. How do they react to the tuations they find themselves in? Can the audience relate to the characters? These are a few things to keep in mind while you are writing the script. Watching films and studying them is good but reading film scripts is probably a better way to see what others have done. Hear a couple of tes that I have found that have scripts available for reading.

http://www.mplyscripts.com/

http://www.imsdb.com/

Both tes have a Horror section. I haven't read many of the scripts yet myself but both have Romero's Dawn Of The Dead as well as other Zombie films. So check them out. Have fun with it and I wish you luck.

Piman334 Saturday 2/12/2011 at 03:37 AM | 71817
I had actually been rattling around a zombie script in a prison for a while. Like you said, the isolation of it would be key. If it was wide scale and the power went, you're talking total lock down. You know there'd be riots giving you constant "new dead" and if you go the virus outbreak route, crap, think about all of those people in such close quarters! Not to mention them trapped in the cells....trying so hard to get through the bars that they're literally mashing themselves through!

I don't want to be arrogant enough to give you ideas, like you don't have your own, but I always wanted to end it with them thinking that it was totally isolated to just them. They get the power back on, finally get outde, then jack on the perimeter fence lights only to see thousands of dead up against the fence ALL the way around! Imagine the scene from Day of the Dead (original) except all the way around the prison.

Okay, so I just ruined my movie, but anyway, good luck and keep us updated!!!
vbrockladyv Saturday 2/12/2011 at 04:27 AM | 71820