Forums Horror Movie Talk
The Greatest Sequel NEVER Made

There are a lot of movies released that have had horrible sequels, may have been no budget, maybe rushed, or maybe even went in the complete wrong direction (lent night deadly night, im looking at you. Could have been such a great slasher franchise!). Which makes me think of a few movies that would have made great sequels but for some reason were just never made. Not sure if you guys would agree but i think My Bloody Valentine could have been a damn good franchise. I mean not even one sequel? Just to see what direction it COULD have gone. Are there any movies you guys can think of, even if it would be a sequel to a sequel that they never made but would have been a good idea.
MiLeSx13x Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 07:55 PM | 71653
Dee Snyders Strangeland would make for an awesome sequel. Why oh why haven't they done one yet??? Another one that I always wanted a sequel to be made for was the David Cronenberg clasc movie The Brood. The Ruins also comes to mind.
Anonymous Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 09:38 PM | 71655
I WOULD GO WITH THESE TWOIMO

HALLOWEEN II: THE MOVIE WAS SUCH A RAW DIRTY MORE VIOLENT MICHAEL MYERS. I LOVE HOW THEY PICKED UP DIRECTLY AFTER MYERS WAS SHOT OFF THE BALCONY. THE OPENING SCENES OF LURKING IN THE BACKYARDS AND STEALING THE KNIFE, MAKING YOU THE KILLER WAS A GREAT PIECE. HALLOWEEN & HALLOWEEN II WILL ALWAYS BE THE REAL HALLOWEENS TO ME AND MY FAVORITES.

FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2: AS MIKE & VINCE SAID ON THE EPISODE OF THE SEQUELS THIS WAS THE FIRST FRIDAY TO INTRODUCE THE JASON CHARACTER & GIVE A LOOK INDE WHERE HE'S BEEN & HOW HE STALKS IN THE WOODS & ETC. I STILL THINK PART 3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN PART THOUGH

TheShape1188 Wednesday 2/09/2011 at 11:09 PM | 71664
Thats right Jim LOL! I think they are doing a sequel to Strangeland. The script is done. I think it's supposed to shoot sometime this year. I'd actually like to see a sequel to Slaughter High. It's been along time, but I think it could work.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 2/10/2011 at 12:57 AM | 71669
YES!!! Thank you Mike, i was trying to remember that one. I would love to have seen a sequel to that!!! That and Dr. GIggles.
MiLeSx13x Thursday 2/10/2011 at 01:01 AM | 71671
MiLeSx13x

nice topic and I thank you because I know at least one thing Mike and I will bring it up on our next show.

Vince
Rabbit in Red Radio Thursday 2/10/2011 at 01:05 AM | 71672
AnytimeThats what im here for
MiLeSx13x Thursday 2/10/2011 at 01:13 AM | 71673
OMG I just watched Slaughter High 2 days ago on VHS how weird is that!

I forgot how good that movie actually is.
Anonymous Thursday 2/10/2011 at 02:29 AM | 71678
VINCE THE LAST SHOW COULD HAVE BEEN THE FUNNIEST ONE YET, JUST THOUGHT I APPRECIATE THE COMEDY
TheShape1188 Thursday 2/10/2011 at 04:29 AM | 71681
The Burning should have had one!!!! I actually am glad they didn't as it just made Cropsy more real to me.

Dr. Giggles would have been agood one to continue. Strangeland was one I always wanted a sequel and keep hearing it is in the works.

C.H.U.D. was another i wish had kept going even though C.H.U.D. 2 was not a great thing to continue from.
cropsy Thursday 2/10/2011 at 10:45 AM | 71685
Thank you very much Jim, I could of went really off and "shoot" but it's not my style to rip LOL.

I was thinking of what film did I want to see have a good sequel to it. This isn't a cop out at all. I might get "what the hell? That makes no sense!" But let's all pretend to agree that Halloween 3 Season of the Witch is a stand alone film from the rest of the series, that's the one I wanted to see a sequel from.

I really loved H3 and I know I always will.

Vince
Rabbit in Red Radio Thursday 2/10/2011 at 02:14 PM | 71691
H3 is a GREAT film, but it doesn't need a sequel.
LoomisLives2010 Thursday 2/10/2011 at 06:22 PM | 71709
Great thread! I agree that Strangeland deserves a sequel. For that matter I would just love to see Dee S. make another horror film. Because that was a very cool film. My Bloody Valentine is another gem that could have ealy had at least one sequel. We got that remake but it is just not the same.

But of the top of my head my pick is Black Christmas. At the end of the film you are just stunned. There is lence as the camera pulls back and the phone rings and rings. It came out in 1974 I think so I guess it was just a bit ahead of its time. A few years latter and it is the 80's and sequels became a bit more common. But then again My Bloody Valentine came out in 1981 and no sequel. So i guess no real rhyme or reason. I do suspect money as always had a big factor in a lot of the cases.

Piman334 Saturday 2/12/2011 at 04:07 AM | 71818