Forums Horror Movie Talk
Just Needed To Vent A Bit...

Theres nothing i like to do more than to write, ever nce i was a kid i always wanted to be a writer/director. But lately ive been having a real big problem, i have no motivation. I dont know about everyone else but everything i write i think is terrible. People always say that what i write is good but i always think that they are saying that just to make me feel better. Writing is personal, writing is hard, it makes my day and theres nothing more i like to do. But at the same time it stresses me out like no other. I feel like i am just feeling sorry for myself but i just cant help it. I have no one near me to compare or get notes from, but i guess thats what the internet is for. Does anyone else have the same problem? Tonight i was trying to get my thoughts down on paper but just wasnt feeling it...again...i dont have the best self esteem when it comes to writing

. So i thought i would just bitch to the great people at horrorbid. I really mean it when i say i love the people here at horrorbid. I've joined other forums but it just doesnt feel the same, it seems more personal here. I dont know anyone here personally but i feel like i have some kind of connection here at horrorbid, and i love RIR, i can listen to you guys all day. I live for this stuff, its what i was meant to do. I dont know, maybe tonight i was just extra stressed out but i feel like i needed to vent. I have a feeling tomorrow morning i am going to regret this post but oh well. Just wanted to send a quick thank you to all the people here at horrorbid and RIR, you guys are awesome. And sorry if i sound whiney or annoying, or if i posted this at the wrong place, just kinda needed to vent a bit and i feel comfortable here. Thanks again everyone for the support.

P.S. I'm still working on that zombie script, i posted details about it about a week ago and got some great feedback.
MiLeSx13x Wednesday 2/16/2011 at 06:03 AM | 72021
This is one of the reasons why I haven't written any of my own stories. I am so hard on myself with everything but I know alot of it is as I said just myself. If I can help in any way please feel free to pm me. Always feel free to bent to any of us as we all deal with Booman so having somoene bent is nothing compared to dealing with him.

cropsy Wednesday 2/16/2011 at 10:03 AM | 72023
I know exactly what you mean. I'm writing something now, and I've learned that you can't force it. Don't t down to write until you have some idea in your head. Otherwise it will feel forced and you generally won't like what you write. I watch movies for inspiration. A lot of times, I'll be watching something, and a scene or a few scenes will play out in my head and I'll write them out. Sometimes outlining or brainstorming is good too. It might take some time, but eventually you'll get there. If you ever want feedback or suggestions, feel free to send me a PM or email me at mike@horrorbid.com. Good Luck!

LoomisLives2010 Wednesday 2/16/2011 at 05:33 PM | 72026
I also love writing. It's one of my favorite hobbies but it does get hard sometimes. And when you get in a rut it's hard to get out I would just keep writing everyday whether you want or not. It'll keep you practicing and even if you don't write an amazing story the first couple of days don't worry. Eventually you will start to get good ideas and get back into things.

I'm working on a stop motion adventure short which has been a pain but I'm sure the frustration will be worth it. Just stick with it and don't get too down on yourself. I had a teacher who once said good writers are never happy with what they write, they mply learn when to stop. My friends almost never have critism but that's okay because I tell they are interested enough to read and finish what I've done. And I'll definitely read anything you want an honest critique on. My email is miserymasks@gmail.com.
weaponx Wednesday 2/16/2011 at 09:02 PM | 72035
Just about every writer that ever was has had trouble keeping the whole writing process flowing. The creative process is often a mystery and inspiration can come from anywhere. There are a lot of things one can do as a writer to keep those creative juices flowing.

Lets call them tricks.

One trick you can try and that has worked for me is to start a different writing project. What I mean by that is this: Say you are working on a project that you really want to be good because say you are looking to get it published. This project is very important to you so you may be a bit stressed about it and you get stuck or blocked on it and you are at a stand still. What you can do at this point is start another writing project that is just for fun. A no pressure kind of thing. Often while you are working on this "no pressure" project you will get ideas on how to proceed on your other important project.

A variation of the different writing project is to change to a different type of writing or change the general subject matter. What I mean by this is: lets say you are working on a screen play and you get blocked. What you can do is put the screen play on hold for a time and write the story out in prose as a short story. Then you can turn around and put the story into the screen play format. And as far as changing subject matter: Let's say you are writing a horror story and it is just not working the words are not coming. What you can do hear is set that first story ade for a bit and start another that is not a horror story but a comedy or a science fiction piece.

Having two or three projects of varying importance going at once that you work on whenever can be very helpful in keeping a writer writing. Something else that is often helpful is to switch from typing on a computer to writing things out in longhand and vice versa. It is also a good idea to take a break every once in a while. Take a long walk in the park, go shopping, listen to your favorite muc(a good thing to do while writing as well as when you are not writing). And while you are out and about doing whatever learn to be very observant of everything that is going on around you because as I said at the top of this rant inspiration can come from anywhere. So when you are out in the world play the "What if game" That is always fun and good for generating ideas. Like this: What if your at the bank and you are something like the 5th person in line and the person up at the front is twitching and clearly nervous when suddenly they double over holding their stomach and vomit all over the counter. They then open their coat

and pull out......

You get the idea of the "What if game" Anyway I hope this helps. Just do whatever it takes to keep writing never give up.

Piman334 Thursday 2/17/2011 at 06:14 PM | 72059
Thanks a lot guys i really appreciate it. I was having a really rough night and was/am having trouble writing what i think is an awesome idea. I've never been so excited about writing before, it was an idea i've had for like 6 months. I've been jotting down ideas, trying to get as much feedback as posble (and if you guys dont mind, i might take you guys up on that offer and PM some of you guys cause i respect your opinion). I usually write for fun but i really want to do something profesonal and i think i got my hands on something great but am having a lot of trouble in the execution. Now im pretty much forcing myself to write whatever comes to mind cause i catch myself just staring off into space just thinking about it lol. I'm working on a treatment for it and want to make sure im at least satisfied with it before i send it out, but if you guys are interested i would love to get feedback...and also do the same if you guys needed any, i would love to see your guy's writing style. And Piman thanks for the great advice, im not a bid fan of writing on the computer anymore, i realized long hand just works better for me. And i do have another project going right now but i put that on a hiatus for now, i really want to see if i can get this idea done...and done right.

Again thanks a lot
MiLeSx13x Thursday 2/17/2011 at 07:17 PM | 72060