Forums Off Topic
Geezer Buter says No Sabbath Reunion

http://www.rollingstone.com/muc/news/ ... s-20110217

In a stunning blow to metal fans everywhere, Black Sabbath basst Geezer Butler has released a statement firmly denying any posbility of a Sabbath reunion. "I would like to make it clear, because of mounting speculation and rumours, that there will be definitely no reunion of all four original members of Black Sabbath," he wrote. "Whether to record an album or to tour."
VoltronLions Sunday 2/20/2011 at 07:30 AM | 72167
Well that just sux now doesn't it?

skutterk Sunday 2/20/2011 at 05:48 PM | 72174
They did reunite a few years back and went on tour. But they did not record a new album. Its like what are you going to do? They certainly don't have anything to prove and we always have their back catalog. The fact that they are all still alive especially Ozzy is amazing. They have all been through a lot over the years. And are still kicking that is super cool.
Piman334 Sunday 2/20/2011 at 07:04 PM | 72187
I think they will end up touring minus Ward on drums and get Vinny to fill in. Ward just isnt in the shape to tour anymore and Vinny has been with them nce Heaven and Hell reformed
VoltronLions Monday 2/21/2011 at 06:51 AM | 72223
Well, Ozzy is just about done anyway. So I guess it makes sense. He really can't hack it live any more. Don't get me wrong, Ozzy was great when he was in his prime. I've seen him twice. Once in 1988 which was a fantastic gig and probably one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Then again in 2002. It was so bad I went home early. Dio to me was always the better front man in my opinion.
Sourfacedbastard Sunday 2/27/2011 at 01:29 PM | 72582
Could also be out of respect for Ronnie. The guy hasn't been gone a year, why would they reunite with ozzy? I'd love to see it, one last hurrah....I love the DIO Sabbath albums but Ozzy IS Sabbath, period.
ny ghoul Monday 2/28/2011 at 03:07 AM | 72646
Could also be out of respect for Ronnie. The guy hasn't been gone a year, why would they reunite with ozzy? I'd love to see it, one last hurrah....I love the DIO Sabbath albums but Ozzy IS Sabbath, period.

Geezer was tight Dio toward the end there for Dio could also be that they dont want to deal with Sharon?
VoltronLions Thursday 3/03/2011 at 07:59 AM | 72879