Forums Horror Collectibles
Worst Friday the 13th films

Which of these 3 are worst Jason takes Manhattan, Jason Goes to Hell, or Jason X? For me has to be Jason X it was just bad from start to finish the ending fight scene in outer space was so out of character for Jason films, I mean Jason in space what were they thinking???
VoltronLions Monday 2/21/2011 at 07:03 AM | 72225
That is a tough one. Jason goes to Hell barely shows Jason so I probably will actually go with that as my choice. I can argue the other two films and how a few small changes would have made them better. With Jason goes to Hell the whole movie just wasn't good for me. I know what they were trying to do but it just didn't register.

I think this probably needs moved out of the "off topic" forum also?

Shakelford, J. Rusty Monday 2/21/2011 at 09:36 AM | 72229
Manhattan for me, but Hell is a close second.

I kinda liked X... I thought Manhattan and Hell were just boring, but X was actually pretty entertaining.
chubacabra Monday 2/21/2011 at 04:31 PM | 72246
X is a damn good popcorn movie
Johnny Bisco Monday 2/21/2011 at 05:21 PM | 72248
Jason Goes To Hell!!!!!

This was me leaving the movie theater after viewing this turd -

Anonymous Monday 2/21/2011 at 05:28 PM | 72251
jason goes to hell. jason x

imo
TheShape1188 Tuesday 2/22/2011 at 03:41 AM | 72276
JASON GOES TO HELL is a killer horror flick. It deviated from the Jason mythos, but the movie itself,the gore and Jason's look are awesome.

JASON X is laughable. Its a joke.

But, MANHATTAN takes the cake because Jason never took Manhattan....well a few seconds in Time Square. The rest? a cruise to nowhere. (I do like jason's mask in this one though)
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/22/2011 at 07:00 AM | 72284
Goes to Hell gets my pick for the mple fact of no Jason and the body jumping just was to far fetched for me. Manhattan had me pissed leaving the theater but it was at least Jason although as was said he didn't take Manhattan. So much more could have been done there. Jason X was rather messed up but for some reason I enjoy watching it.
cropsy Tuesday 2/22/2011 at 11:58 AM | 72288
I dont understand all the hate for Jason x, its such an entertaining movie. It seems like its just cool for people to say it sucked or they dont like it. Its not the best by far but i dont think it was as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Jason goes to hell would be my choice for the worst jason movie, at least jason takes manhatten felt like a friday movie.
MiLeSx13x Tuesday 2/22/2011 at 08:12 PM | 72317
From worst to bad in my opinion

1.Jason Goes too Hell

Reason: Not enough Jason Major fail!!!

2. Jason X Reason: He was in space need I say more? 3. Jason Takes Manhattan

Reason: The begining of it being too ridiculous even for Friday the 13th

Ones Customs Wednesday 2/23/2011 at 02:44 AM | 72327
Jason X is by far the worst IMO. Uber Jason is a disgrace to even Jason. Best part of the movie was the frozen face death.

I kind of liked JGTH, great gore, cool deaths (Tent anyone?), Jason looked awesome when he was shown. Kane Hodder's eaest Jason paycheck but still a good Jason movie IMO.

Jason Takes Manhattan is a horrible movie but it still holds a place in my heart. Kane Hodder's second appearance as Jason and becoming the first actor to play him twice. Some memorable clasc kill scenes but the worst Jason makeup EVER.
Dark Passenger Thursday 2/24/2011 at 02:49 PM | 72394
Jason X is by far the worst IMO. Uber Jason is a disgrace to even Jason. Best part of the movie was the frozen face death.

I kind of liked JGTH, great gore, cool deaths (Tent anyone?), Jason looked awesome when he was shown. Kane Hodder's eaest Jason paycheck but still a good Jason movie IMO.

Jason Takes Manhattan is a horrible movie but it still holds a place in my heart. Kane Hodder's second appearance as Jason and becoming the first actor to play him twice. Some memorable clasc kill scenes but the worst Jason makeup EVER.

Jason Takes Manhattan had the worst actors and plodding along before anything started happening but I still say Jason X is worse
VoltronLions Friday 2/25/2011 at 05:19 AM | 72450
From worst to bad in my opinion

1.Jason Goes too Hell

Reason: Not enough Jason Major fail!!!

2. Jason X Reason: He was in space need I say more? 3. Jason Takes Manhattan

Reason: The begining of it being too ridiculous even for Friday the 13thYou have failed me. How dare you rank my beloved Jason Goes To Hell as the worst.

I really can't say I dislike any of the films, but I usually rank the worst endings and two of the three in this list have the worst. Jason turning into a kid after being hit by toxic waste is the worst in the franchise and then Jason being thrust into space via the ship exploding and then burning up in the atmosphere of Earth 2 was lame.
jasonsfury Friday 2/25/2011 at 07:54 PM | 72473
Ill have to say jason x. Wtf wer ppl thinking jason. Being in space.
Mr.Skemer Monday 2/28/2011 at 02:16 AM | 72636
im gonna say jason x! who thought that would be good idea

Zombiezack50 Monday 3/07/2011 at 08:30 PM | 73155
im gonna have to go with jason x as well. i mean, at least with jgth we got good jason make up, a few decent kills, and especially a VERY special cameo at the end...*cough*

*cough* and manhatton was forgivable to me for the sheer awesomeness of jason kicking the stereo away from those kids on the street...funniest shit i ever saw.
pantera11431 Friday 3/11/2011 at 08:31 AM | 73297
From this list I would say Jason Goes to Hell... But I really don't care for New Blood... Too many cut-away (censored) kills... Half the fun of slasher flicks is the payoff in the form of gore... Even the legendary sleeping bag kill is kinda screwy... I know the scene is edited but they left in the slam that essentially was a slam of her feet... And then he drops her and her head is bloody... Also the telekines stuff is terrible...
atheistatic Wednesday 3/16/2011 at 04:52 AM | 73445