Forums Horror Collectibles
Night of the Living Dead Oringinal or Remake?

Which one do you like better and why? I would have to say the remake, very few remakes can hold a candle to its prodecessor this being one of them great cast, set, f/x and of coarse Tom Savini in the directors chair. It stuck to the original storyline with subtle changes and yet it still was taking to the next level IMO probably one of the best remakes of all time that can rival the original.
Ones Customs Monday 2/28/2011 at 03:44 AM | 72657
Original all the way.

To me, the original is THE zombie movie, it just has that perfect feel.

The remake is good, but nothing matches that feeling I get when I watch the original
chubacabra Monday 2/28/2011 at 03:57 AM | 72658
I love the feel and the tone of the original, but I really like the decions and casting by Savini. I'm going to say original by a hair just because I'm not confident Savini could have made such a good film if Romero hadn't already done it.
teamcerberus Monday 2/28/2011 at 04:40 AM | 72661
I love the feel and the tone of the original, but I really like the decions and casting by Savini. I'm going to say original by a hair just because I'm not confident Savini could have made such a good film if Romero hadn't already done it. that was the beauty of Savinis piece he wasnt trying to top the original he kept it bacally the same from actors who resembled the original characters to specific frame angles but also adding the latest f/x of the time. My question isnt which film is better but which you enjoyed more, hands down the originals will always win because well a remake is exactly what it is a remake. With so many horrible reinvions its great to see a director who knows that well you cant top a clasc but you can add to it and retell it to a newer generation and and still keep the integritiy of the original I love both films but I enjoy watching a more moderen veron more relatible so for me its more terrifying. Think about it you put on the original and its clasc it was the film that started it all no taking away from it but then when you watch the first few mins of the remake its like holy shit!!! idk I can go on forever about it lol

Here a vid of my custom from a while back for those who havent seen it btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTFxwV0UYw
Ones Customs Monday 2/28/2011 at 05:58 AM | 72663
Oh man this ones hard.... actuly in my mind i think i like the remake. mainly because that was the first one iv watched.

but there both great films. But the original bacly started the zombie genre.

i give the original 7.5 out of 10 and the remake 8 out of ten verry close but i like to see a bit of collor in my movie.

Great post One
Zombiezack50 Monday 2/28/2011 at 11:36 AM | 72666
(I never saw the remake)

Dark Passenger Monday 2/28/2011 at 03:57 PM | 72670
(I never saw the remake)I guess my instant reaction to this is the most telling, because I would say "You don't need to". If you are a horror fan, you NEED to see the original Night of the Living Dead. Watching the remake is like going from a car made in 2007 to the exact same model made in 2011. It's a case of "oh look, the cup holders are in a slightly more convenient location," It's not enough to make me want to buy into, but it's fun to drive for a day.
teamcerberus Monday 2/28/2011 at 04:33 PM | 72671
(I never saw the remake)I guess my instant reaction to this is the most telling, because I would say "You don't need to". If you are a horror fan, you NEED to see the original Night of the Living Dead. Watching the remake is like going from a car made in 2007 to the exact same model made in 2011. It's a case of "oh look, the cup holders are in a slightly more convenient location," It's not enough to make me want to buy into, but it's fun to drive for a day.

Very poetic Phil. I'd still like to give it a watch though. As soon as these kids move out on their own...
Dark Passenger Tuesday 3/01/2011 at 12:07 AM | 72701