Forums Horror Collectibles
Horror/Comedy A Match made in Heaven?

Yes or No? reasons
Ones Customs Tuesday 3/01/2011 at 09:15 PM | 72747
Um yes and no. Reason why is because i. Horror films i think we want more of the dark and serious de and that makes a horror flick terrofying

but onthe other de a horror movie with comedy is not for every horror movie. A good reason is Shaun of the dead the movie is very entertaining and with blood and guts in it. Only some horror films can get comedy in it and fit just right. ThAts my opinion. Great thread btw ONE.....
Mr.Skemer Tuesday 3/01/2011 at 09:53 PM | 72748
Yes! i love horror Comedy`s there great! Horror movies that have comedy in them are always fun to watch thats why one of my favorite movies is evil dead. It has alot of horror but the comedy fits in perfectly. its all around a great movie.Then we have Comedy movies that rip off horror movies like scary movie. You rather love scary movie or you hate it i personly love it. Some other horror comedys are the burbs, stan helng, jack brooks monster slayer, poultrygeist and alot more
Zombiezack50 Tuesday 3/01/2011 at 09:57 PM | 72749
I think it really depends on the movie. Evil Dead 2 comes to mind as a perfect horror comedy. I think in a film like Hatchet 2 (beheading sex scene) it was thrown in there to lighten the mood. When it's done for that purpose I don't really like it. Take NOES 1 and 2 as an example too. More serious and more scary. Freddy slinging one liners before making a kill was just lly after a while.
Dark Passenger Tuesday 3/01/2011 at 10:47 PM | 72757
I tend to like horror comedy the most when it knows which it really wants to be. For the most part I like horror comedy when you know it's a horror movie and the director is having fun within the genre, Evil Dead II and ANOES 3 being great examples. It's a lot rarer for me to find a comedy movie with horror elements in it that I really like. Movies like Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland and even Ghostbusters do it well, but for every movie like that there are about 5 Stan Helngs and Scary Movies. Also, horror heavy horror comedy can win me over a lot eaer than comedy heavy films, they just come off as being more fun.
teamcerberus Wednesday 3/02/2011 at 12:15 AM | 72764
Horror/Comedy are a perfect match IMO. If you can make me laugh then 5 minutes later scare or creep me out then you got a great movie on your hands. Ghostbusters, Shaun of the dead, Zombieland, all awesome films. Even the Scream series has made me chuckle a bit.
Samhain Saturday 3/05/2011 at 02:21 AM | 72991
I think there is a fine line One.I think after a lot of horror's "magic" was revealed and the archetype of slashers and others became predictable some decided to take a different route. Don't get me wrong, horror comedy has been around a long time (Abbott and Costello meet The Wolfman)but I think for some, its a way of self-admittedly letting your product not be taken seriously. I think some films like a Jennifer's Body don't know where to go and lose themselves in the process. I thought the first Hatchet film had some great comedic dialogue.....Scream satired slasher film norms I think comedy in horror is here to stay and it should.It creates a more diverse atmosphere to where I can actually get my girlfriend to watch something with me versus being the scary-ngle-toned horror flicks we know(I still love those by the way,My lady just can't handle them)....Great note about Ghostbusters & Shaun of the Dead definitely some of the greats!!!

themorguethemerrier Saturday 3/05/2011 at 03:26 AM | 72994
YES!

For me all of my favourite Horror franchises are Horror/Comedys. Obviously there not super funny, rather there a little bit lame, however i dont take horror films to seriously. By this i mean i dont get scared or freaked watching horror films, so adding a few one liners and taking away that super serious edge adds to the enjoyment for me. For example; taking chucky or leprechaun to serious wouldnt be as enjoyable.

BTW some of my favourite horror franchises (all of wich are horror/comedys in a way :) ) :

A nightmare on elm street. Evil Dead. Leprechaun. Childs play.
FredKrueg3r Saturday 3/05/2011 at 07:55 PM | 73020
I think there is a fine line One.I think after a lot of horror's "magic" was revealed and the archetype of slashers and others became predictable some decided to take a different route. Don't get me wrong, horror comedy has been around a long time (Abbott and Costello meet The Wolfman)but I think for some, its a way of self-admittedly letting your product not be taken seriously. I think some films like a Jennifer's Body don't know where to go and lose themselves in the process. I thought the first Hatchet film had some great comedic dialogue.....Scream satired slasher film norms I think comedy in horror is here to stay and it should.It creates a more diverse atmosphere to where I can actually get my girlfriend to watch something with me versus being the scary-ngle-toned horror flicks we know(I still love those by the way,My lady just can't handle them)....Great note about Ghostbusters & Shaun of the Dead definitely some of the greats!!!

Very interesting and well thought out I couldnt explain it any better
Ones Customs Sunday 3/06/2011 at 05:23 AM | 73071
I agree with Morgue as well! But Im surprised no one mentioned Drag Me To Hell. I had a riot laughing and jumping with that flick. Watch it with someone that hasnt seen it at loud volume. Good times!
DarthMagnus Tuesday 3/08/2011 at 10:30 PM | 73216