Forums Horror Collectibles
Look What's Buried Inside Your Television...

One's Customs Presents:

THE VIDEO DEAD - Custom Figures

This is the first rendition of the lead zombie, "Jack", the actor who portrayed "Jack" in the film sadly fell ill - and passed away - during filming so he was later replaced by another actor which subsequently, lead to a redegn in the make up nce each mask was made to fit each actor's face and head. With that being said, there were two distinctly different verons of "Jack" that have slight alterations and in some cases people believe he is another zombie! I asked One to present the closest posble representation of the original "Jack" but unfortunately because of the short time the original actor played him, he does not warrant much screen time which limited the amount of pictures I could nab for him.

However, One still did an amazing job accurately capturing "Jack" to about 98% completion, which at the time was the closest we could get.

After completion of "Jack" I commisoned One to do the remaining zombies from the film as a set and through that process, he started to create "Jimmy D" but upon completing "Jimmy D", One made the trantion to his new method of sculpting and customizing figures, so he decided to start with "Jimmy D" from scratch.

With his new optimum method of sculpting, I asked One if he'd recondered reviting "Jack" at some point to get past that nagging 2% to make him 100% accurate and he readily agreed. A few short weeks later, I was able to contact the make up artist who created the on screen zombies and he supplied me with several pictures of the zombies in their make up which was literally a godsend because it meant every detail could now fully be captured in the final product.

As I type this I am waiting to see more pictures of THE VIDEO DEAD crew as they are completed but for now I present to you the original "Jack" sculpted by One's Customs last year.

chrismac87 Thursday 3/03/2011 at 09:04 AM | 72881
Ridiculously awesome man!One does such an amazing job....I'm not familiar with this film but its sweet you're collecting all the zombies.I can't wait until I get my One's Customs in the mail!
themorguethemerrier Thursday 3/03/2011 at 01:19 PM | 72884
Awsome Chris! did you ever do a review on this bad boy??
Zombiezack50 Thursday 3/03/2011 at 09:43 PM | 72920
Looks awesome bro! Never got to see the finished product before. One's the man! It came out great. Loved this movie as a kid. That weird scene with the lady and the young boy.....crazy stuff.
DarthMagnus Tuesday 3/08/2011 at 10:38 PM | 73218
I actually didn't do a review no. One and I weren't 100% happy with the figure, we were at 98%, but he knew he could do better given the time and right pictures.

So as the new set is done, I'll review them.

If anyone wants to check the flick out, it's available via Netflix on instant streaming.
chrismac87 Thursday 3/10/2011 at 05:58 PM | 73275