Forums Horror Movie Talk
Sleepaway Camp Rant

I rarely hear anything about sleepaway camp on here. Is it because you guys aren't big fans of it? Has it been forgotten? I thought the first 3 made a pretty nice little trilogy. I've noticed people that like the first dont really like the sequels, and vice versa. I'm not really counting Return to Sleepaway camp, that was a bit hard to t through. Its hard to forget about the first one after you watch it, one of the best and creepiest endings you'll ever see. The sequels went the comedy route, with 2 being much better that 3 but both being solid installments IMO. Just wanted to get your guy's opinion on a pretty decent slasher trilogy from the 80s.
MiLeSx13x Thursday 3/03/2011 at 09:34 PM | 72917
Personally, I'm right on board with you! The first is just great and the sequels are just clasc slasher fun! I still remember the first time I saw the ending of the original. Freaked.....me......out! I have to add a clip just to remind everyone. If you haven't seen it, just go ahead and delete your account. Seriously!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIDM6wqUiuM
vbrockladyv Thursday 3/03/2011 at 11:59 PM | 72927
I love all the films. the great thing about that series is i could ealy see it being the way it is and be successful. The films go off in different directions after the first one, but i think that the series could incluse all of these different films with different story lines. Part 4 is a sequel to part 1, and 2 and 3 are they're own series with Part 4 - The survivor. I hope they still keep making sequels so much potential left in that story
pmfarmer Friday 3/04/2011 at 01:35 AM | 72929
Gotta love Sleepaway camp. I think this is a good contender for a reboot.
Ryn Sunday 3/06/2011 at 01:03 AM | 73030
I Love the series as well. And despite what others say, I LOVED Return to Sleepaway Camp. The movie looked like it was filmed in the 80s, so it has that whole feel just like the previous 3 did...and that fat kid was AWESOME. He really made me laugh my ass off at times, especially when he'd say, "...your ass stinks." Loved it!!!
Anonymous Sunday 3/06/2011 at 03:02 AM | 73049
I totally agree time for a remake,could be awesome if made right. The original one of my favorite horror films of the time. I actually had the luxury of meeting the entire original cast back probably 7 years ago in NYC and got to spend some time with them. The entire cast have all moved on to all sorts of careers and are all doing their thing. Nothing like Felissa Rose she is beautiful and real nice in person. There is a sleepaway camp webte you can check out, I am

going to go do it myself and see whats going on.

houseofwax10 Monday 3/07/2011 at 03:43 AM | 73122
The first film is one of my favourites. I didnt care for the others. That being said, the first one tends to get forgotten in the sea of killer horrors from the 80's. Its got a cult following and its so much more than just the ending. Good thread!
ny ghoul Monday 3/07/2011 at 06:01 AM | 73127
I'm so glad people responded to this thread, was kinda worried no one was a sleepaway camp fan on here. The only problem with a reboot IMO would be the ending, how would you do it? It would be very tough to top the first one. I agree that return to sleepaway camp felt like it came straight from the 80s, it really did. But the character of Alan was way to annoying for me, killed it a bit. There were some good kills in there though. Did you guys hear about Sleepaway camp reunion in 3d? Ive heard very little about it and cant find much info on the internet. If anyone has any info on it please let me know.
MiLeSx13x Monday 3/07/2011 at 07:18 PM | 73146
I found this little nugget in regards to The Sleepaway Camp Reunion 3D.

Ask and you shall receive my brother. Hope this helps/is new to you.

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/05/s ... _anno.html
Anonymous Monday 3/07/2011 at 11:49 PM | 73162
I love all sleepaway camp movies. Have to watch them again today :)
SplatteriPoika Sunday 9/25/2011 at 01:04 PM | 83244
I'm with you guys on this one. Sleepaway Camp had a fantastic story and was well done then.

The whole time Angela was getting teased and her being so shy just led it up and drew the creepiness in at a nice pace until BAM, the shocking ending. I almost puked when I saw it the first time. Mind you, I was barely a teen myself.

When I saw the flashback of the mother fusng over the little boy and saying something like..."you look just like a little girl". That was just creepy as fuck.

Anyway, I love the movie and saw a copy of RTSC at work and decided to watch it. It's definitely an 80's feel with cheesy fun and bad acting, but it's the spirit of the film that's important.

There's room in my book for more of it.

Oh, and Felissa being beautiful...I definitely agree with that!
aceofspades70 Wednesday 10/19/2011 at 02:04 AM | 85419
RTSC sucked. If you had any idea how much time it took to make it and how many egos were involved you should turn away. I was part of the old sleepawaycampfilms.com forum and remember hearing about the shit that happened with it and the headace from actors themselves. Also please dude enough with the reboot/remake shit. I need to remake you, how would that feel. Bend and twist your bones, veins, muscles, fat, skin, and hair. See how it feels to mess with someones hard work.
MickeyESBBeck Friday 1/13/2012 at 11:39 PM | 89430
I rarely hear anything about sleepaway camp on here. Is it because you guys aren't big fans of it? Has it been forgotten? I thought the first 3 made a pretty nice little trilogy. I've noticed people that like the first dont really like the sequels, and vice versa. I'm not really counting Return to Sleepaway camp, that was a bit hard to t through. Its hard to forget about the first one after you watch it, one of the best and creepiest endings you'll ever see. The sequels went the comedy route, with 2 being much better that 3 but both being solid installments IMO. Just wanted to get your guy's opinion on a pretty decent slasher trilogy from the 80s. The original is ealy one of my favorite slashers, and arguably one of my favorite horror films. I haven't seen the immediate sequels but enjoyed Return To Sleepaway for its nostalgia. I've seen plenty of threads on here regarding these flicks.
AgnesItsMeBilly Saturday 1/14/2012 at 12:19 AM | 89432
I think the reason no one talks about it is because everyone probably just assumes everyone else likes the movie.

I know people that don't dig Nightmare movies or Friday movies, but I don't know anyone that doesn't like Sleepaway Camp (except for maybe my Mom, who flipped out when the there was a dick on Angela at the end).

Return to Sleepaway Camp wasn't hard to t through at all, I don't get why people shit on that movie, it's fun.
kennyxedge Saturday 1/14/2012 at 12:29 AM | 89437
I do not like the first film, it's pretty stupid, but at the same time trying to seem completely serious.

And what about sequels... damn I find part 2 and 3 really good films. They contains a lot of black humor and some nice action scenes, also main villain is very cool. So I prefer the films by Michael mpson.
Jerry Blake Saturday 1/14/2012 at 12:35 PM | 89460