Forums Horror Collectibles
What Was Your Very 1st Horror Collectible?

I know it might be hard nce a lot of you Bidites have been doing this for a long time, but I'm curious if you can recall that first Freddy, Michael or Jason collectible that just made you say, "man, this is for me." If you have a special story or what have you please share.

For me, it's not really condered horror, but I was really into Ghostbusters my Mom got me a line of "original monsters" with Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Mummy, Zombie, Werewolf (I always played with them and genuinely loved their "different" look & feel) and I just remember how she let me pursue my interests,

even if it quote "scared" me.

Some years later I got a Tales from the Crypt Hawaiian style Cryptkeeper that talked it was pretty damn sweet for the time. It wasn't until later when McFarlane and others produced everything horror (and I got introduced to horror late in life) that I developed the love and pason I have for it today.

themorguethemerrier Saturday 3/05/2011 at 01:35 AM | 72983
The first horror "figures" I remember ever having were the "Monsters in

My Pocket" figures, which were tiny, non-articulated, ngle colored, soft plastic little monster figures.

As for a more modern horror collectible, and the beginning of my current collection, there were 2 pieces. I picked up 2 NECA figures at Spencers about 4 years ago; "Evolution of Evil" Michael Myers 2 pack and Part 2 Jason Voorhees. I got them on clearance, but nce they got me hooked on collecting this stuff, they are probably some of the most expenve purchases I've ever made.
teamcerberus Saturday 3/05/2011 at 02:10 AM | 72988
Mine was the Don Post 'The Mask'. My mom got it for me in 1998 I believe. Right after I saw the original movie. It was a crap mask but it started my whole collecting hobby.

I remember I used to put it on and just stand in my room looking out of the window just trying to freak people out! It did work alot of the time. Ahhh, the memories.
Samhain Saturday 3/05/2011 at 02:16 AM | 72990
My first horror collectible would have to be the 14inch scar Chucky by deshow collectibles....i remember i would always tell my parents to buy me one they would always say im crazy lol every christmas i would bug them about it i would always get the same answer that im CRAZY lol as i got older and started having my money i remember i walked in this store wich i actually got in to check out puppy's because in that store they soled animals.. i relized they had changed it but stupid me i didnt pay attention to any of the stuff there.i got in and i was like aww the took off the animals and walked out like an idiot lol...again i went there another time and i started looking around till i ran into the chucky it was 80 buxx i saw it and was like OMFG!!!!!then i ran into the neca 12 inch billy puppet and then i saw more stuff i was amazed i felt like in heaven lol

i decided to get the chucky and went home so happy..btw the store was called XTREME TOYZ. i decided to do some research on more stores like that near me and found a couple the one i really loved was a store called CORNER STORE COMICS was a city away from me...thats were i started getting most of my stuff........well and the rest is HISTORY.....now im trying to get rid of my other stuff like 7 inch and plan on just collecting 1/6...and Saw stuff...well thats my story!!
Mr.Skemer Saturday 3/05/2011 at 03:24 AM | 72993
My first horror figures were the first movie maniacs that came out my dad brought me to the comic store they just arived and they were still in the box we bought the whole series i was around 1 or 2 lol after that i was hooked on collecting
Zombiezack50 Monday 3/07/2011 at 08:01 PM | 73147

I had those same monsters in my pocket too!!!!Right on man....those were sweet for the time bro don't let anyone tell you different hahaha
themorguethemerrier Tuesday 3/08/2011 at 01:51 AM | 73169
The first figure i ever bought envolving horror was the NECA wes cravens new nightmare freddy krueger figure at the time i wasnt really into horror figures because of the lack of articulation but something just really drew me to that figure and i couldnt help but buy it.
jack0skeleton666 Monday 4/25/2011 at 05:54 PM | 74968

It's a bitchin' figure man. It's the only New Nightmare Freddy out there bedes the 1/6th scale stuff plus it comes with the alternate head,script,pillar.....it's taking me back now....wow...lol....I'll be posting some vids soon guys I think you all will enjoy!!!
themorguethemerrier Monday 4/25/2011 at 09:46 PM | 74980
See my avatar? Well there you go. That was my first horror related pickup.
Anonymous Monday 4/25/2011 at 09:50 PM | 74981
My first 12" Horror figure was the deshow Jason 3. Love that figure, it's a clasc.
Dark Passenger Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 03:20 AM | 75053
Yup had a ton of Monster in my pockets... Used to love those things...
atheistatic Friday 4/29/2011 at 02:10 PM | 75210
My first Figure lord of darkness by mcfarlane back in 2002 not really horror, but what an amazing character. thanx mom, u helped with the start of my collection.
Steph_nightmares Friday 10/14/2011 at 05:14 AM | 85063
I believe it was my 16" Michael Myers doll/plush in that R.I.P. packaging that plays the Halloween theme. I found him in a Spencer's while on vacation in Santa Cruz with friends. My friends weren't all that fond of my purchase, but I fell in love with it right then and there. I still have him in his original packaging and I will never part with him.
Silverpsycho Friday 10/14/2011 at 11:41 PM | 85100
My brothers had two jason masks that I remember playing with alot as a kid. one was plain white and the other was chrome painted. Then there were all the ghostbusters action figures and toys from the 80's, big plastic ecto packs, ghost goggles, the list goes on and on we still have it all in a box somewhere. Then what was pobably one of the biggest influences on me were the KENNER Aliens vs Predator figures from the early 90's which included a 12" alien queen figure with her egg sac as a playset. (other kids moms just 'loved' it when we brought that over to play with.) To this day the shoebox full of aliens and predator figures is stashed under my bed. The next real horror things I got were in elementary school and those were a ghostface costume and a spare mask cuz the one with the costume sucked, those who own one know what i'm referring to.

And the movie maniacs series 1 ghostface figure which I have nce lost.

I used to spend hours in suncoast and spencer's looking at the mcfarlane stuff, drove my mom nuts, but those hours are some of the most fondly remembered ones of my life, it's a damn shame they closed suncoast
Illinois-Michael Saturday 10/15/2011 at 02:22 PM | 85137
My first collectible was the NECA 12 inch Billy the Puppet from the Saw movies.My father got it for me for Christmas a few years ago and nce then I havent stopped collecting.
zombie10 Saturday 10/15/2011 at 10:00 PM | 85169
My first horror collectibles is these lovely babies.... Topps Fright Flicks cards
BloodyAdored Sunday 10/16/2011 at 04:45 AM | 85194
I remember I had a couple Mad Balls and a Boglin or two; a bunch of Monsters in My Pocket. I would trade them with friends. I loved those things.

I would buy halloween masks just to have them.

I started seriously collecting with McFarlane's Movie Maniacs, then moved onto Mezco and NECA. I have so many figures I had to sell a few of them just to make room.

Now I have aciton figures, t-shirts, masks, props, posters, autographs, dvds... and my wife-though not a big horrorhound like me-encourages it.

the_vengeful_machete Sunday 10/16/2011 at 02:55 PM | 85205