Forums Off Topic
Halloween Mask

Ya know I was looking on ebay tonight and it struck me as I found some of these cheap, unknown Mass Produced Masks. Some of these are kind of cool and they are cheap! I found this particular one and thought, "hey that looks kind of cool for the price"Then I thought, how funny....nobody want's to pay $9.99 for this thing now and some would even laugh at it, but if John Carpenter or Rob Zombie made a movie with the mask in it, we'd all be stepping all over ourselves to get it into our collection calling it the coolest thing ever. We'd be paying hundreds for it, when nobody gave it a second glace before it was used in a movie. I was just thinking, it's funny how that works isn't it. Right now most people wouldn't look twice at it, but if it was in a well known Directors Movie it would suddenly become "rare" and popular.

It just struck me as funny and I just thought I'd share my thoughts....No big deal

:)

I just found it kind of funny as I thought about it.

Nick

myers n San Diego Thursday 3/10/2011 at 05:44 AM | 73262
That is so true Nick.

I remember when I went to the Rock n Roll hall of fame thinking to myself..... This junk wouldn't be worth shit if it want for who wore it or who played it. I mean, some of the guitars I own now are way better than some if the instruments that the rock stars owned when they we're still trying to make it big.

skutterk Friday 3/11/2011 at 04:42 PM | 73301
That is so true Nick.

I remember when I went to the Rock n Roll hall of fame thinking to myself..... This junk wouldn't be worth shit if it want for who wore it or who played it. I mean, some of the guitars I own now are way better than some if the instruments that the rock stars owned when they we're still trying to make it big.

Totally Kenny! Just imagine if the next Halloween movie was a huge hit and the mask that they used was an unaltered typical Don Post Mask that we see all over ebay. I be willing to bet people wouldn't be making fun of them anymore and they'd start appearing in all of our collections.

People may say I'm full of it, but I bet it's true. As much as we make fun of them now, if they appeared in a Hit Halloween movie suddenly they'd become Awesome!Even if in the movie it wasn't the main mask. Let's say some kid in the movie was wearing it to trick or treat with in one scene. I bet people would be collecting them as the mask as seen in Halloween whatever, worn by "John Doe" while Trick or Treating. It's not bad...it just cracks me up. We ALL do itNick
myers n San Diego Friday 3/11/2011 at 04:51 PM | 73302
never really thought about it from that perspective nick. cool point man. Now, if only i could get my Deloraine up to 88mph. LOL.

mike
evilsmellyclown Friday 3/11/2011 at 06:41 PM | 73305
never really thought about it from that perspective nick. cool point man. Now, if only i could get my Deloraine up to 88mph. LOL.

mike lol....when you get that sucker running 88 mph Mike, take me with you!!!
myers n San Diego Friday 3/11/2011 at 06:59 PM | 73307
IN THE WORDS OF MR HERBERT

NICK THAT MAKES ME THINK OF ONE PHRASE....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
TheShape1188 Thursday 3/24/2011 at 03:36 AM | 73754
IN THE WORDS OF MR HERBERT

NICK THAT MAKES ME THINK OF ONE PHRASE....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Sweet Jesus
myers n San Diego Thursday 3/24/2011 at 03:41 AM | 73755
Its amazing how something so mple can become so famous.
zombieseverywhere Friday 4/15/2011 at 01:40 PM | 74524
That is so true Nick.

Totally Kenny! Just imagine if the next Halloween movie was a huge hit and the mask that they used was an unaltered typical Don Post Mask that we see all over ebay. I be willing to bet people wouldn't be making fun of them anymore and they'd start appearing in all of our collections.

People may say I'm full of it, but I bet it's true. As much as we make fun of them now, if they appeared in a Hit Halloween movie suddenly they'd become Awesome!Even if in the movie it wasn't the main mask. Let's say some kid in the movie was wearing it to trick or treat with in one scene. I bet people would be collecting them as the mask as seen in Halloween whatever, worn by "John Doe" while Trick or Treating. It's not bad...it just cracks me up. We ALL do itNick Very true statement brother.
Ryn Friday 4/15/2011 at 04:21 PM | 74535