Forums Horror Movie Talk
Do you guys feel the same way?

I think the perfect H4 mask that would best match the Screen used would be an Early run of the

Don Post only add de burns and trim the neck about 3/4"... Please excuse the crudity of this picture. I had to use windows paint to modify it.

--Harry

Harry Warden Tuesday 6/17/2008 at 10:17 PM | 13652
Not exactly but they do look very very close, I always thought the same thing. Even though H4 is a recasted '75 Kirk it really has the look of a DP The Mask circa '86....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 6/17/2008 at 10:26 PM | 13654
So there are 2 types of Don Post masks?

A regular Don Post Myers mask and than another titled, "The Mask" from '86??? because I only knew of one and the one called "The Mask" from '86 is actually the one I was talking about haha...

--Harry

Harry Warden Tuesday 6/17/2008 at 10:32 PM | 13656
Not exactly but they do look very very close, I always thought the same thing. Even though H4 is a recasted '75 Kirk it really has the look of a DP The Mask circa '86....

Actually Justin you're wrong. After a lot of investigation and overlays....the H4 is NOT a recasted 75. It's a recasted 85 "THE MASK"! Nothing about the H4 resembles a 75...the forehead..the mouth...the cheek area and "THE MASK" Is a lifecast of Don Post Jr himself. That explains why it looks so odd. ALso the time period for the film and mask are the same era.
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 6/18/2008 at 01:43 PM | 13730

Actually Justin you're wrong. After a lot of investigation and overlays....the H4 is NOT a recasted 75. It's a recasted 85 "THE MASK"! Nothing about the H4 resembles a 75...the forehead..the mouth...the cheek area and "THE MASK" Is a lifecast of Don Post Jr himself. That explains why it looks so odd. ALso the time period for the film and mask are the same era.

Sam... R U saying that the same mask they used was a recasted 1985 "The Mask" by Don Post Studios, because if you are I know were I can get a 1985 "The Mask". A buddy of my went on vaction back in '93 to Florida and stopped by a Mask Shop in Universal I sopose. He not only purchased one of these, but he also purchased the Jack Nicholson Joker from Distortions and a Batman mask with the yellow Ingnia of the bat on it! Anyway me an him we discusng a trade for his '85 The Mask, for some of my McFarlane figures. Although his may not be from the year 85, it still has the pattented date on the back of the neck and his mask was the reason I felt that it looked like a part 4... I just got the dates wrong, I was thinking '86 because of the Don Post Myers. I thought they were the same mask, but when I seen the replies of J, I called my bud up an asked him what the date was and he said 85... So... Hmmm...

--Harry
Harry Warden Wednesday 6/18/2008 at 02:20 PM | 13731
You know that makes sense, it doesn't look a thing like the '75. I do know the one mask shown in the hardware store was a recasted '75 if I am not mistakin. I believe Fenner has a '85 The Mask, that is interesting. Thanks for pointing that out Sam.....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 6/18/2008 at 03:51 PM | 13734