Forums Horror Collectibles
Horror- Rated R, PG-13, don't matter?

How do you guys feel about horror and a PG-13 rating? I personally was looking forward to seeing Indious. After the trailer was over and I saw PG-13 I lost all interest in it. Horror should be chock full of swears, blood, tits, and violence (not in any order). Am I being to hard on our baby Horror?
Dark Passenger Thursday 3/17/2011 at 02:23 AM | 73476
For the most part I want totally uncensored horror. Gore, profanity, nudity, gore, boobs, boobs, gore. The only part of unrated horror I don't like is when they throw in gratuitous rape. Few movies can do it well (The Hills Run Red) but in most movies it seems out of place and disgusting for the sake of being disgusting (Rob Zombie's Halloween). I'm with Tom, 99% of the time when I see a horror movie is PG-13, I don't bother seeing it, especially in theaters. I'm ck of seeing a horror film and having the 13 year old Twilight fans scream so loud I can't hear half the movie.
teamcerberus Thursday 3/17/2011 at 03:11 AM | 73479
I thought the same thing about Indious. Typically I try to be open to the idea of a PG-13.But I can't really name any great horror flicks with that rating.I'm a full frontal "R" kinda guy....although there is a line i don't want genital mutilation or things really rough like that.R is what they're meant for its gotta have that dark anything's posble feel that comes with the imagination.
themorguethemerrier Thursday 3/17/2011 at 03:49 AM | 73480
Yea i agree horror films should be rated r. Mostly ghost movies can be pg13 and can be good I was looking forward to seeing Indious to but wen i saw it was gonna be pg 13 i was like Wtf. But ive herd alot of good things about it so ima be going to the Midnight. Lookng forward what james wan has to bring us. Got a feeling him and leigh whannel are gonna be huge. James wan is set to pruduce a film calle House of horrors
Mr.Skemer Thursday 3/17/2011 at 03:57 AM | 73482
Sorry to do this but I got a plug, VOTE 4 LESLIE VERNON OVER POLTERGEIST at the March Madness Boards PLEASE!!!!!HELP

GLENN ECHO'S HOMETOWN BOY REGAIN HIS SLASHER-DOM!!!!!
themorguethemerrier Thursday 3/17/2011 at 04:30 AM | 73486
Ya if a movie looks good and then i see its rated 13 i probobly wont go see it. I need some harcore blood and guts. Movies just are not the same anymore.
Zombiezack50 Thursday 3/17/2011 at 01:43 PM | 73512
Im all for uncesored mindless violence there are decent "scary films" such as The Ring but I dont conder that horror. I know companys want to make as much money as they can and by a film being rated PG13 they can bring in a wider audience but thats what takes away from the film no blood no tits =

Ones Customs Saturday 3/19/2011 at 01:39 AM | 73591
I dont think PG-13 be a good way to show bloody scenes just because industry wants higher audiences to go to the cinemas. I remember Halloween (John Carpenter) Eventhough it was hardly any blood still was X- Rated cuz of its violence!!

Let's bring back the real horror!! the real and brutal death scenes without being a jokie type thing... Young people nowadays are not impressed by the amount of blood or story 'cuz most of them have never seen the original horror from the 70's and 80's so... Luckly for us that we grew up in tha awezome era. Our memories are splendid!!

PG-13... NOT A GOOD IDEA !!

http://www.youtube.com/user/newgeekonthevlog77
newgeek77 Sunday 3/20/2011 at 01:51 AM | 73617
I grew up in the 80's the slasher era. Tom Savini was god so to me it's got to be rated R. The drinking, drugs, sex, and brutal killing thats real horror to me. I miss those days.
fallon6190 Sunday 3/20/2011 at 01:10 PM | 73631
Generally,

PG-13 horror=

But I like blood and gore when it is creativley and fashionably done i don't enjoy random nudity like in the H1 Unrated. They went a little too far, same with the Jason remake. A solid R rating is good. Nothing more nothing less
LaughingHorror Sunday 3/20/2011 at 06:06 PM | 73636
I don't think it matters. I'm all for blood and guts, but I don't think the rating makes a movie any good. I've seen plenty of unrated or R- rated horror flicks that are pure shit. The only good pg-13 horror flick I can think of is Monster Squad, but it is posble to make a good PG-13 horror movie. I'm not sure what james' last film Dead lence was rated, but it sucked ass. I'll wait for Indious to come out on dvd to see it, on account of Dead lence not being any good.
dressuout Sunday 3/20/2011 at 08:31 PM | 73638
Maybe name recognition has something to do with it? If Adam Green or Wes Craven put out a PG-13 horror flick, I'd be more likely to go and see it.
Dark Passenger Monday 3/21/2011 at 12:04 PM | 73659
I don't think it matters. I'm all for blood and guts, but I don't think the rating makes a movie any good. I've seen plenty of unrated or R- rated horror flicks that are pure shit. The only good pg-13 horror flick I can think of is Monster Squad, but it is posble to make a good PG-13 horror movie. I'm not sure what james' last film Dead lence was rated, but it sucked ass. I'll wait for Indious to come out on dvd to see it, on account of Dead lence not being any good.

sorry dead lence was an aswome flick by james

Mr.Skemer Monday 3/21/2011 at 07:56 PM | 73681
I loved Dead lence....... I believe it was R.

If I watch a horror and don't see tits I get disappointed. I believe any good horror is R or unrated.
AinesFearPath Tuesday 3/22/2011 at 05:25 AM | 73694
Yeah rated-R horror is usually the staple I prefer. I was talking with a friend and we were discusng films that have tried getting into the PG-13 foray. Whether it's to get more people and increase sales tickets, meet rating standards, or even to change the tone it does happen.The original Halloween has essentially no blood, yet back then and even now there is no way around getting passed an r rating and killing somebody. That's fair I guess, talking about the ratings and looking at films like The Ring, sci-fi/creature features, and tons of others walk a fine line. But a current film evades me in its ratings and how supremely effective it has been. Paranormal Activity as well as its sequel are both R-rated and yet there really is nothing too bad about it other than

a few "f-words" so i think there can be a poble market out there especially in the ways of "found-footage" style flicks milar to the Blair Witch. I think if filmmakers/writers/producers are daring and creative enough there is material out there. And for those in oppotion, the films DO make bank which is always integral for Hollywood to back it.PG-13 horror can exist it just has to do that one thing nobody seems to do too often anymore SCARE YOU. P.S. Just noticed the Freddy Smiley....SWEET!
themorguethemerrier Thursday 3/24/2011 at 02:33 AM | 73748