Forums Horror Movie Talk
something new i am working on...

hey guys,

as i was doing some cleaning, i found a few things leftover from impulse buys and Halloween's of the past. I am specifically talking about a head that went along with the body i used for the Leslie Vernon lifeze and the underskull and shoulders of the neca(i think) animatronic freddy bust.

Not wanting to throw anything away...and feeling a little Dr. Frankenstein-ish, I decided to see what i could come up with between the two.

First to give you an idea of what i am working with...

cheap ass fred bust...

lifeze decoration...currently on ebay for 200 bucks...that i bought for 15 after halloween. remember i just used the head for this project...the rest of it is already part of Leslie.

I had already taken off the sweater and the horrible latex mask that was on the freddy bust. At one point i just used it to make a nice display bust with a copy of Mark Goodson's The Doll Collector(which i have nce sold).

I then used it as a display bust for one of my myers masks.

So in essence i had a set of shoulders, and a white rectangular piece of plastic with a moving jaw/chin bone.

For the other head, the first thing i did was strip the latex mask off the head so that i had a full ze plastic head shape. The head did not have an animated mouth, but it has fully moving eyes that light up as muc and sound plays. I took out all the inner workings except for the eyes and their armature so that i could move them to the potion i liked.

To make a long story short. I combined the two undestructures into one full plastic head with movable eyes and a talking chin/jaw.....now what was i to do with it now?

give me a few minutes and i will post a follow up to the story...

Take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 6/20/2008 at 12:30 AM | 13805
Well I think it's safe to say Bisco's brain is now in a twisted up cluster fart!I think I got ya on this one... Still reasoning my thoughts... haha, whatever you're doing sounds very creative and very Kool!--Harry

Harry Warden Friday 6/20/2008 at 12:43 AM | 13806
Alrighty,

Time for part two to this fiasco. Now is when i wish i would have taken progress pictures....but I do not have a genie in a bottle or fairy godparents to wish to go back in time to do this...so shall we move on?

I now had a lifeze from the shoulders up bust with

movable eyes and a talking chin/jaw. I went ahead and left all the inner workings of the fred bust in there.

This meant that the bust now spouted freddy phrases as it talked.The first thing i decided to do next was add some kind of teeth. I have several sets of dental distortions dentures laying around so i picked a set that i thought would look best in the mouth area. These dentures had already been custom fit to go in my mouth...but all i had to do was immerse them in hot water for a minute, pull off the thermoplastic and then slowly bend the teeth to fit along the head's jaw line. I used these dentures in particular...

I wanted to attach them in a way that if, for whatever reason, I wanted to use them again for myself, i could just remove them. In order to do this, I used good old trusty black duct tape.

I just cut the tape into small workable pieces and attached them into the upper and lower parts of the mouth on the head. I then turned the piece on and allowed it to talk to see if i needed to do any adjustments and to make sure the teeth were in there good enough so there was no movement.

Success on the first try...which is very rare...and it was time to move on.

So....i have now a plastic display head bust with movable eyes and a fully working/talking jaw with upper and lower teeth that spouts freddy-isms.....what to do next...what to do next.....

i know!!!!! I will turn him into a leatherface display that has multiple personalities...better yet...combine jason and freddy into one bastard abomination that only satan himself would be proud of......maybe not...

I looked around in the closet of my collection room to see what i had that i could actually use. After going through boxes of hands, eye inserts, various unsundry latex pieces of all types and protruons, and dropping at least one hand mold on my big toe...i come across this....btw...i know it's not my picture, but again, unless you have a genie or a fairy godparent that i can borrow for the night, this is as good as it gets...

Could i posbly pull this monstroty off???

Wait for my next reply in a few minutes to find out....same horrorbid channel....same horrorbid place....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 6/20/2008 at 12:48 AM | 13807
Sounds pretty cool so far...lol

kweandee Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:06 AM | 13808
My god We've created a monster!!! hahaha (Dr. Frankenstein) Himself at work!!! haha J/K, I'm hooked on this channel! I wanna know what happened next NOW!!!

--Harry

Harry Warden Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:08 AM | 13809
Now,

Hopefully this will be my last reply on the topic at hand. I went ahead and took the back of the head back off and removed the eye armature. I painted the entire eye area of the plastic head a flat black and went ahead and did the same with the area surround the teeth and jaws. I even had enough fore thought to paint the little mechanism that actually lets the mouth open and close. Now, when the thing talked...you did see the nice white hinges and springs nearly as much.

So....I now had a life zed plastic head bust, with movable eyes, that talked freddy-isms, with a complete set of movie quality teeth, that now looked like someone had punched it in both eyes and afterwards it decided to suck on the exhaust pipe of a mack truck.

I found the nice foam latex fred half mask in a box in the back of the closet. I wanna say i paid maybe 15 bucks for it sometime after Halloween in some random record store in the mall. I took it out once, but it one...realize i was too fat and hairy of a bastard to ever pull fred off(unless i decided to become the steroid enhanced, beer belly veron of him), and boxed it back up. I then went into my makeup kit and found some good old spirit gum adheve.

I spent about 30 minutes potioning the foam latex mask over and over to exactly where each part needed to be to provide maximum coverage of the move area, but still allow a decent bit of movement in the mouth. That is the whole point of this thing in the first place, right?

After deciding where i wanted everything to be, i started gluing. I glued each little area, bit by bit. After i got the mouth and chin area glued down, I turned it back on to make sure i still got some mouth movement. Once I was satisfied with that, i continued to glue the rest of the mask in place.

I originally wanted the eyes to move back and forth as he talked. In order to do that, I would have had to keep all the little motors and whatnot inde the head. I managed to hollow it out enough for everything to fit, but no matter what i did, whenever the eyes moved, the entire head

would pop up and down and make this really horrible grinding sound.

After trying to figure out a way to have both for over an hour, I finally got rid of all the other motors and just left the eye armature intact.

Now....here are the pictures of what i have so far. Is he finished?

Ummm....nope...What would be the point of doing all that work just to leave the entire neck area and shoulder area exposed? Also, as noted earlier, the foam latex fred mask is a half mask....so the entire back of his head is exposed in a nice bone like color with little bits of black duct tape and elastic and whatnot added in for good measure.

How will I finish those bits.....well...here's the thing...i have no flipping clue. At the very least, i know i will finish up the neck area and put some kind of partial sweater on the shoulders so that at least from the front he will look finished. I also need to go back and blend in the eye ares so the eyes don't have the hollow black look.

this is a little jacked up video i did with my digi cam to give you an idea of the movement. I apologize for the fact that it is deways and a little dark...but you get the idea. I also apologize for my wife refung to turn the audio down on her lifetime movie. Luckily, you don't get to hear any of her favorite colorful words during the recording...

I really hope you guys enjoyed this little project as much as i enjoyed making it. I also hope you guys have gotten a kick out of this presentation/project topic.....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:09 AM | 13810
BROVONow that is what I call

CREATIVE!!!!!!!!!! Very Nice Tommy!!!

--Harry

Harry Warden Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:35 AM | 13812
i appreciate the response Harry....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:45 AM | 13813
Tommy that thing is looking fantastic! Can't wait to see a costume shot of this one. You think you can pull a cut off sleeve Freddy pose?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:56 AM | 13817
Very cool Tommy, I loved the "work in progress" pics you posted up.

Great freak'n idea man.
DaShape Friday 6/20/2008 at 02:11 AM | 13821
Well I think it's safe to say Bisco's brain is now in a twisted up cluster fart!I think I got ya on this one... Still reasoning my thoughts... haha, whatever you're doing sounds very creative and very Kool!--Harry

it doesnt take much to make that happen Ryan im hungover as all hell but Tommy thats some sweet shit you got there man!
Johnny Bisco Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:10 PM | 13853
This is turning out pretty cool.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 6/20/2008 at 01:11 PM | 13854