Forums Horror Movie Talk
First FRIGHT NIGHT Photos Revealed!!

Finally, the first shots of Craig Gillespie’s FRIGHT NIGHT 3D have been released!! Thanks to Moviefone, we have our first images of the clasc (and very dear to my heart) vampire flick from the 80’s! I don’t know if Colin Ferrell stands a chance at equaling Chris Sarandon, but that’s not my call. At any rate, here’s your new next door night dweller, Jerry Dandridge as played by Colin Farrell:

Charlie Brewster Anton Yelchin and Amy Peterson Imogen Poots

And finally “Evil Ed” Thompson Christopher Mintz-Plasse

Now unfortunately, there wasn’t an officially released photo of Peter Vincent played by David Tennant, but I did manage to track down and image…for better or worse….

FRIGHT NIGHT will be opening on August 19th this summer. It will be going up against CONAN THE BARBARIAN and SPY KIDS 3D……again, all three being in 3D. I guess we just have to get used to it!

More pictures and news as it becomes available.
vbrockladyv Thursday 4/07/2011 at 04:19 PM | 74171
Ill see it, not because I am dying for it but spy kids and conan

do not intrest me at all
Stilesp1985 Thursday 4/07/2011 at 04:48 PM | 74173

I'm sorry but I have to say it, I wasn't going to because I know there are people that will be into it...but I have to state my oppinion....WOW...this is freaking TRAGIC! Collin Ferrell....seriously? I have no clue who these other people are, but I can tell you that I will NOT be spending money on this one.

Nick
myers n San Diego Thursday 4/07/2011 at 06:47 PM | 74180
Not digging this at all...
immortaldeath24 Thursday 4/07/2011 at 08:05 PM | 74191
heres some more pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... b40ed2cad9

can't figure how to put up pics, sorry.
Stilesp1985 Saturday 4/09/2011 at 12:02 AM | 74244
heres some more pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5 ... b40ed2cad9

can't figure how to put up pics, sorry. I'm sorry but this doesn't help....it just makes me hate it even more. If they wanted someone who can't act and has no charisma the could have went with Keanu Reeves and as much as I can't stand his monotone persona even that would have been better. I mean...Collin Ferrell...really? Not only him..but the Peter Vincent charachter looks like a cartoon charachter...the whole thing is just crap in my eyes, I'm sorry but this is truly disheartening to someone like me that loves and grew up with the original Frightnight. I think if this generation wants to create memories

and experiences that are special to them.....for God's sake why don't they create their own

This is not Frightnight...this is garbage made to earn a buck and that's it period. Movies these days are in and out so FAST. They are made to make money. These remakes are not art like their predecessors. They did not come from the mind of someone who had a vion and wanted to share it with the world. They are made to make money...plain and mple and it makes me ill. They are in the theater one week, the next week they are on DVD, then the next week they are in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. It's lame and it's sad what the movie industry has gone to. It makes me freaking ck.

Nick
myers n San Diego Saturday 4/09/2011 at 12:54 AM | 74248
Hahaha this is. Disgrace. I love fright night. This is not FKN FRIGHT NIGHT!!!!
Ryn Saturday 4/09/2011 at 01:24 AM | 74250
I know I'm gonna catch shit for this......... I like Collin Ferrell, I could run off a slew of movies that I think he delivered in. Not say I condone this remake, just I like this actor.
Stilesp1985 Saturday 4/09/2011 at 06:47 PM | 74269
Well....First I have to say, nothing can ever compare to the original.what a great cast. Roddy McDowall - Amanda Bearse - William Ragsdale . Anyways.....Not sure who all these "noobs" are in the movie, but sometimes unknowns are the best choice for the part. As far as Colin Ferrell goes......I think we can all remember back to when we found out Heath Ledger was going to play joker.....And don't tell me you all thought he was a perfect choice when the announcement was made. We all we're like...WTF?

So maybe Colin might just pull it off...He deff rocked "Tigerland" and "Swat" I thought.But I guess we'll just have to wait to see.So even though nothing compares to the original, I'm going to keep an open mind on this one .
skutterk Saturday 4/09/2011 at 07:58 PM | 74271
Im with Nick on this one. This just looks deplorable, in every sense.

Ok, I get with the economy and poor box office returns, the studios are trying to bank on "sure" money. Thus, remakes and reboots on proven lucrative franchises keep popping up...ie, F13, Halloween, Spiderman, etc. FRIGHT NIGHT though???? I dont get it. As beloved as the film is, FRIGHT NIGHT was never a huge world wide sensation, rather it was a near perfect film that was very dear to the hearts of certain horror fans, especially those of us who grew up in the late 70's, and through the 80's and early 90's. Times when a local station would have monster movie night every friday at midnight. FRIGHT NIGHT had all the qualities that made American horror what it used to be. Chills, thrills, scares and yes, a touch of innocence that has been long lost. Its personal to me, and I see that the sentiment is shared by Nick and many others. Ok, fine! someone RRRRReally wants to remake it? how about someone who would have treated the film like the gold that it is! the casting seems cavalier at best!

Colin Ferrell is hit or miss with me. The guy shines in some roles and seems to be miscast in many others. Thats what I see here, a miscasting. The original cast was STELLAR! and in dealing with the remake I think the three roles that should have been handled with the most care were not.....Ferrell as Dandridge?!!?.....Roddy McDowell's "Peter Vincent" was given to one David Tennant, a pretty much unknown actor with a long resume of secondary and tertiary roles in tv and film (who also as Vincent looks like a second rate Criss Angel); and the amazing Stephen Geoffreys "Evil Ed" is going to be handled by Christopher Mintz-Plasse who does play a lovable nervous nerd but Evil Ed is so much more than the "nerd" character!

I keep on hearing over and over again from horror fans, how much "they despise remakes"; about how there is "never anything new". Well, part of the problem is that when shit remakes and crappy new offerings are made? people seem to be plunking down their cash at the box office or at best buy for the dvd. Until people stop supporting these films financially, things wont change. I will not support this remake. FRIGHT NIGHT will remain an old school clasc for me. Now thats just my opinion, and I respect those of you who might go see it. I just think that its another case like HALLOWEEN....if it aint broke, dont mess with it!
ny ghoul Sunday 4/10/2011 at 02:00 AM | 74277
Oh my Gosh.....give Evan a freaking trophy! You said word for word how I and many others feel. I can't even add to this because it's so on the money.

Nick

Ok, I get with the economy and poor box office returns, the studios are trying to bank on "sure" money. Thus, remakes and reboots on proven lucrative franchises keep popping up...ie, F13, Halloween, Spiderman, etc. FRIGHT NIGHT though???? I dont get it. As beloved as the film is, FRIGHT NIGHT was never a huge world wide sensation, rather it was a near perfect film that was very dear to the hearts of certain horror fans, especially those of us who grew up in the late 70's, and through the 80's and early 90's. Times when a local station would have monster movie night every friday at midnight. FRIGHT NIGHT had all the qualities that made American horror what it used to be. Chills, thrills, scares and yes, a touch of innocence that has been long lost. Its personal to me, and I see that the sentiment is shared by Nick and many others. Ok, fine! someone RRRRReally wants to remake it? how about someone who would have treated the film like the gold that it is! the casting seems cavalier at best!

Colin Ferrell is hit or miss with me. The guy shines in some roles and seems to be miscast in many others. Thats what I see here, a miscasting. The original cast was STELLAR! and in dealing with the remake I think the three roles that should have been handled with the most care were not.....Ferrell as Dandridge?!!?.....Roddy McDowell's "Peter Vincent" was given to one David Tennant, a pretty much unknown actor with a long resume of secondary and tertiary roles in tv and film (who also as Vincent looks like a second rate Criss Angel); and the amazing Stephen Geoffreys "Evil Ed" is going to be handled by Christopher Mintz-Plasse who does play a lovable nervous nerd but Evil Ed is so much more than the "nerd" character!

I keep on hearing over and over again from horror fans, how much "they despise remakes"; about how there is "never anything new". Well, part of the problem is that when shit remakes and crappy new offerings are made? people seem to be plunking down their cash at the box office or at best buy for the dvd. Until people stop supporting these films financially, things wont change. I will not support this remake. FRIGHT NIGHT will remain an old school clasc for me. Now thats just my opinion, and I respect those of you who might go see it. I just think that its another case like HALLOWEEN....if it aint broke, dont mess with it
myers n San Diego Sunday 4/10/2011 at 05:02 PM | 74298
Oh my Gosh.....give Evan a freaking trophy! You said word for word how I and many others feel. I can't even add to this because it's so on the money.

Nick

I keep on hearing over and over again from horror fans, how much "they despise remakes"; about how there is "never anything new". Well, part of the problem is that when shit remakes and crappy new offerings are made? people seem to be plunking down their cash at the box office or at best buy for the dvd. Until people stop supporting these films financially, things wont change. I will not support this remake. FRIGHT NIGHT will remain an old school clasc for me. Now thats just my opinion, and I respect those of you who might go see it. I just think that its another case like HALLOWEEN....if it aint broke, dont mess with it

thanks brother! well I see how much FRIGHT NIGHT means to you! you and I and other die hards will stay away from this one for sure!
ny ghoul Monday 4/11/2011 at 04:36 AM | 74330