Forums Horror Movie Talk
TWIXT NOW AND SUNRISE, Coppola Sleeper Hit?

Every now and then I come across something that I completely overlook and pass up……but for some reason, it just keeps popping up on me. Francis Ford Coppala's latest project fits the bill perfectly! Let me run it by you and see what you think!

t, as I could make it as a story, perhaps a scary film, I thought even as I was dreaming. But then some loud noise outde woke me up, and I wanted to go back to the dream and get an ending. But I couldn't fall back asleep so I recorded what I remembered right there and then on my phone. I realized that it was a Gothic romance setting, so in fact I'd be able to do it all around my home base, rather than have to go to a distant country."

The film definitely seems to have a “horror” flavor to it. Val Kilmer himself recently said in an interview with Interview Magazine, "It's a Halloween extravaganza. There're dogs and vampires. I play a writer who's something like

Mario Puzo, or at least how Francis describes Puzo's experience where he wrote THE GODFATHER while he was waiting for inspiration for his masterpiece. My character is a guy who tossed off this book about witches, and it became a big deal, and now he's known as doing these lly witch books and he's on hard times now looking for inspiration."

Sounds interesting to me and I’ll absolutely be on the look out for any new info. Not even a real plot synops has been released! What we do know s the cast which is as follows;

• Val Kilmer as Hall Baltimore • Elle Fanning as V • Joanne Whalley as Denise • Bruce Dern as Bobby LaGrange • Ben Chaplin as Edgar Allen Poe • Don Novello as Melvin • David Paymer as Sam Malkin • Alden Ehrenreich as Flamingo

Do we have the beginnings of the next mega cult Halloween season film, maybe. I guess we can only hope for the best!!!
vbrockladyv Thursday 4/07/2011 at 11:41 PM | 74204