Forums Horror Movie Talk
We Want Our Last Phantasm Movie Mr. Coscarelli!!!

Heres my problem...Phantasm will be remade, just like everything else blah blah blah, thats fine i actually think it might be pretty good. But what really irks me is if they remake it, were never going to see Phantasm 5, or Phantasms End if you will...

I don't know about you guys but I want to see the end of the original Phantasm series. Yes i know the actors are getting pretty old, Reggie Bannister is in his mid-60s, and Angus Scrimm is in his mid-80s...but they are only getting older.They are both still acting, Reggie more that Angus but they are still active in acting.

Let me ask you this, would you rather see them try to end it and finally have some closure, or just let them leave it be and see the inevitable remake? It's in your hands Mr. Coscarelli, i beg of you, give us the end of Phantasm before its too late!!!

MiLeSx13x Friday 4/08/2011 at 02:49 PM | 74220
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Don own all the rights to Phantasm?

If so I don't think we will see a remake. Supposedly they shot a bunch of stuff recently but it was just for fun.
immortaldeath24 Friday 4/08/2011 at 03:37 PM | 74221
I believe he does. I havent heard anything about them shooting some footage for fun. Is there anywhere i can go to watch it?
MiLeSx13x Friday 4/08/2011 at 04:10 PM | 74222
I was actually listening to Deadpit Radio(rabbit in red you guys are still the best) and they had A. Michael Baldwin and Reggie on the show.

Deadpit asked them about Phantasm 5 and thats what Reggie said.
immortaldeath24 Friday 4/08/2011 at 04:27 PM | 74224
Hmmm, im going to have to track that down and give it a listen. No other hints about an actual Phantasm 5 huh? damn...
MiLeSx13x Friday 4/08/2011 at 06:07 PM | 74234
Phantasm 5 would be awesome! But at the same time I would love to see a big budget modern reboot that has the consent input and involvement of Coscarelli. There is a lot of great work that holds up very well in the original Phantasm despite it being a very low budget film. So I for one would love to see what he would do if he had more money to use on the production.
Piman334 Friday 4/08/2011 at 10:49 PM | 74239
Im not against a remake or another movie for the series. I personall;y want to see the origionals at least in some way there for any remake.
cropsy Sunday 4/10/2011 at 04:05 PM | 74295