Forums Horror Movie Talk
"CABIN IN THE WOODS" Locked Up Tight....For Now

This comes from the Cabin in the Woods twitter account:

"oops, you can't enter the cabin!

unfortunately, while joss whedon and drew goddard went and made you -- yes, you! -- a horror movie at mgm, that studio then went through a major financial reorganization, and the cabin in the woods remains shelved until and unless someone picks up the rights to distribute it.

"but i want to enter the cabin!"

then click the below link to vit the facebook campaign and "like" the idea that someone should release the film. joss and drew made us a movie! we've waited long enough."

Here is the link to the face book page:

http://www.facebook.com/TheCabininTheWo ... ts&sk=wall

Hopefully we'll get to see this sometime this decade.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/apr11/cabin.jpg" class="photoborder" />
Stilesp1985 Thursday 4/14/2011 at 04:12 AM | 74455
Great find but sadly this seems to be a fan created Facebook page.

CABIN IN THE WOODS is currently owned by MGM studios and due to their recent bankruptcy their priorities do not involve this film unfortunately. We too have been anxiously awaiting this to be released and one day it will hopefully happen but until MGM gets on firmer grounds by releang a new BOND film and THE HOBBIT we have a feeling this will be left on the back burner.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 4/14/2011 at 04:36 AM | 74456
I know its the FANS who want to see the movie released.
Stilesp1985 Thursday 4/14/2011 at 04:59 AM | 74459
I know its the FANS who want to see the movie released.

You're def right about that! Its a shame they don't give up the distribution rights nce the film is in the can. Maybe next year we can be more optimistic for this one...
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 4/14/2011 at 06:14 AM | 74462
I hope so, I love the tag line "if an old man warns you not to go ..........make fun of him"
Stilesp1985 Thursday 4/14/2011 at 05:17 PM | 74495