Forums Horror Movie Talk
A True Fans Letter to Robert Englund

Mr. Englund,

Let me get right to the point. We need you back. Lugo is Dracula. Karloff is Frankenstein. Chaney is the Wolf-Man. And you, r, are Fred Krueger. Your portrayal of the Springwood’s crispy child murderer has made you a horror icon. You breathed life into what is now a legitimate clasc movie monster. You seem to have embraced the fact that Krueger is your legacy and your fans thank you for it. You don’t shoot a dirty look when someone screams “Freddy”. Hell, you might even flash your trademark grin! As fans, we appreciate everything you gave to the role, and acknowledge that even though you’re no longer portraying Freddy on film you still play the part for us.Freddy vs. Jason could be the last time we will have seen you reprise your iconic role on the lver screen.

Although it was fantastic to have you back, the movie was admittedly lacking something… and was probably a little too hip for its own good. We were given a remake, which by no fault of its own stumbled out of the gate and failed to recapture the magic of the original series. The bottom line is this: We desperately need you to portray Freddy, one last time. I don’t think anyone could blame you if you were tired of playing this character after so many years, but can’t you envion a masterful send off? One last hurrah? The FINAL final nightmare? One last movie worthy of your portrayal of the man of our nightmares? We’ve heard you say that the phycality would take too much out of you at this stage in your life. Listen, we don’t need Freddy to leap out of lakes like a Japanese cartoon character! No “epic showdowns” against undead rivals! I know the makeup is a pain in the ass… but damn it all Robert, we’re begging you. You’re in good shape. You surf. I googled it.

Call up New Line, Wes, anybody… please r. Make this happen. It would be irresponble not to. Do it for every grown man who’s asked you to gn a homemade razor glove or scoured the internet trying to find a sweater with the correct color and configuration of stripes. Do it for every kid who grew up in the 80’s with a talking doll with your likeness on their shelf. Do it for the paycheck! Just do it!

Bidites, sound off. Let’s give one of our favorite Horror icons something to think about…

ncerely, The Elm Street Kids

sweartoeric Thursday 4/14/2011 at 02:31 PM | 74472
Well done!I agree.
MiLeSx13x Thursday 4/14/2011 at 03:25 PM | 74476
Moved. I'm so moved. ;.; Please tell me you're going to try and send this to him. I'm too shy to even send letters or else I'd do it. This is good stuff. Thank you for making my morning r. It's nice to know that someone else cares as much as I do. I have high hopes that he'll do it once more. But I also know that Freddy vs. Jason may very well have been the last time. We can dream though and dream we shall.

Kiki_Freddy's_girl Thursday 4/14/2011 at 03:45 PM | 74477
Moved. I'm so moved. ;.; Please tell me you're going to try and send this to him. I'm too shy to even send letters or else I'd do it. This is good stuff. Thank you for making my morning r. It's nice to know that someone else cares as much as I do. I have high hopes that he'll do it once more. But I also know that Freddy vs. Jason may very well have been the last time. We can dream though and dream we shall. same here I had wrote something milar (this is way better) but didn't send it, I thought he would think I was a goof or that he wouldn't see it at all. I would love to have one more Robert Englund "freddy" movie. I would be ked to see a sequel to "A New Nightmare". That one is my favorite in between 1 and 3.
Stilesp1985 Thursday 4/14/2011 at 05:14 PM | 74494
I logged in just to respond to this.

Well done. You have a heart felt, legitimate, valid letter here and I think you should send it directly to Mr. Englund. Whatever you do, be profesonal about how you get the letter to him. Find out who his agent is, email them. Let them know you are just one of many fans who have the same thoughts.

Here's some inspiration: I loved the 80's T.V. shows I grew up with as a kid. I found out that Stephen J. Cannell was the writer of some of these shows. I found his address, wrote a letter, and mailed it to him. I explained how much I loved his writing and thanked him for the entertainment value he provided with his dialogue. I even went as far as asking for an autographed headshot.

Not only did he write back with kind words, he included the headshot along with 2 A-Team promo 8X10's. (the "A-Team" movie was in production at the time)

You can only imagine how excited and happy I was to receive such a response. Unfortunately, Mr. Cannell is dead now, but I was lucky enough to express my thanks and let him know there were people out there who really appreciated his work.

You should do the same.
aceofspades70 Thursday 4/14/2011 at 09:17 PM | 74503
You have motivated me in a whole new way. Fuck being shy. I'm am going to do the same as you! I'm going to write my own little letter! Thank you so much.
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Thursday 4/14/2011 at 10:13 PM | 74504
Thanks guys... I will send a link over to robert, but I'd love to have more comments for him to see before I do!
sweartoeric Friday 4/15/2011 at 09:38 AM | 74520
This is one of the best things I've read in a long time...we need Robert back for one more Nightmare. I know that with the current canon, that might not be posble...but look at it this way...Jason X came out in 2001...then in 2003 you had Freddy vs Jason. Not only did

a different person play Jason in FvJ, but it also seemed to ignore the canon that JX brought forth. I was almost potive we would have gotten a sequel to Jason X. So it is posble for Robert to come back and play Freddy in a different continuity, wouldn't have to necessarily ignore ANOES 2010, because I really would like to see Jackie reprise the role as well. But something like a sequel to Wes Craven's New Nightmare, or another Freddy vs Jason movie would be ideal. Truthfully I don't see why they don't go ahead and do a Freddy vs Jason vs Ash movie, the comics did fairly well, and it would be a real hit at the box office.

I would do almost anything to see Robert back in the role, because I feel like Freddy vs Jason wasn't a proper farewell. Freddy just didn't get his due in that movie. Please Robert if you read this...we would all be honored to see you play the man of our dreams again.
TheElmStreetSpectre Sunday 4/17/2011 at 06:40 AM | 74604
I sure hope that letter gets to Robert! I would love to see Robert take one more swing at Freddy. Dream warriors is my favorite Nightmare Film and I would love to see just one more movie with Mr Englund. You very pasonate in your words and you have my full support! Long live Freddy!!!

Freddy-Fingers Monday 4/18/2011 at 07:22 PM | 74662
I agree a 100%.Robert Englund made the Freddy Krueger character iconic and the idea of him being in one more definitive nightmare on elm street would be awesome.If it were to happen though it would probably be in the long awaited,but as of now hasn't happened Freddy vs Jason 2 because the original series has been finished and I don't know what else the writer' s could really do.I would love to see him back in either Freddy vs Jason 2 or if they could find away to do it in one more movie in the original series that would be great.His career has truly been amazing,on top of his legendary Freddy perform ance he also had a great performance in Phantom of the opera which came out in 1989.I also like the film be directed a ye ar before that 976-Evil.You should defently send the letter once you get enough reply's and see what happens.Whether it does or doesn't happen I wish him all the best in whatever he dedes to with the rest of his life because of all the entertai nment he's given us he deserves only great things to happen.I want to close by saying thanks for writing this letter and I want to give a special THANK YOU to Robert Englund for all the great Freddy memories that will last a life time.
horrorlord Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 03:25 AM | 74691