Forums Horror Movie Talk
What a year is has been....

Guys tomorrow is a sentimental day for me. It will be one year to the day that I left eBay behind after a very successful stint and thought up this crazy idea, HorrorBid. I had been an active member in the horror community in the late 90's but had all but gotten out of the hobby until last year (I didn't even have a computer from about 2000 to 2004, if you can believe that). So getting back into the swing of things was no easy task and I knew it wouldn't be.

After little knowledge of what I was doing but faith that it would all work out. I canceled my eBay account and embarked on HorrorBid. To say that it was a long process would be an understatement. I knew what I wanted to do but wasn't sure how to do it. I contacted one of my best friends Joel Fenner, whom I have known nce the first grade and as always Joel was on board with my crazy ideas. Joel packed up his family and moved from Virgina Beach back to our hometown of Indiana to help out with HorrorBid. (I know, nuts ain't he?

)

We started with nothing, changing tes and degns up until a couple of months ago to find the perfect fit. Well we found it. The te and forum are growing literally at a break neck speed (much faster than I ever expected) and we are finally starting to realize the dream that is HorrorBid.

I can not thank all of you guys enough for believing in Hbid and for actually wanting to hang out around here daily. I remember when we finished the forum in January of this year thinking "now that the forum is done, will anyone actually join us". Well you guys did and not only did you join but each one of you guys have become good friends of Joel and I.

This year has been big, we just gned a deal with a large online horror company that will not just be adverting with us but listing hundreds of auctions as well. It is funny to remember back telling Fenner on the phone about this idea I had. Opening an auction te dedicated to what we all love, horror! Just makes me smile to think about it.

Will we have our ups and downs? Sure but who doesn't. One thing I can promise, we will never let the dream die and we will always be thinking of new ways to promote the hobby and community we all love and make it the best it can be.

HorrorBid the te didn't get off the ground a year ago but the idea and the picture I had in my head started one year ago to the day. Is it what I thought it was going to be? Honestly it is so much more! And I owe it to all of you guys....

Thanks all for reading this and for being such good friends, you guys rock! Justin ____________________________________________________________________________________

Our first logo, wow!

Our second attempt and the birth of the HorrorBid Slasher Guy,

http://i27.tinypic.com/5akkn4.jpg" class="photoborder" />

Our current and final logo, this one will never die!!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/21/2008 at 06:03 PM | 14013
A year already! Congrats on making this te the reality you always wanted! The te seems pretty damn cool. I think I'll stick around!

-Gary
H30 Saturday 6/21/2008 at 06:20 PM | 14015
Myers31TKD Saturday 6/21/2008 at 06:25 PM | 14017
Congrats J&J

I remember finidng Hbid last summer and even though there wasn't much on it at the time I bookmarked it. I thought it was a great idea and it would eventually take off though I never thought I'd be a part of it.

Great to see your hard work panning out into success. You both deserve every reward that comes your way for the effort you've put into it.
lblambert Saturday 6/21/2008 at 06:29 PM | 14018
Right on! Juggs and cheers!
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 6/21/2008 at 06:34 PM | 14020
HorrorSanctum Saturday 6/21/2008 at 07:09 PM | 14021
:HellYeah:
Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/21/2008 at 08:05 PM | 14022
Very well said J!!! I LOVE this place and could never see myself every leaving! I can remember when I first herd about this te. I used to be a Bay Fanatic and spent most of my time there in search of really kool Horror Memoribillia. I found a mask titled "The Psychopath" for sale and deded to check it out. Not knowing about the New RZ remake, I thought it looked Terrible and contacted the seller "Casey Carty". I told him it was a joke and that Michael Myers never had that kind of mold or rips in his mask... He got back to me with a link showing the new movies stills and posts about it. I about shit. I felt so bad for what I said to him that I emailed him back and apologized. Wasnt to much longer than that, I purchased one of those masks!I

got in touch with his Web te and was shocked at all the really kool stuff he had up! After a few months of mailing back an forth talking, I'd like to say that we've become pretty decent friends. He introduced me to this te! At first I was very skeptical about it because I've never used forums and stuff. But here I am today, Self tought myself to use forums and now I have a few friends on here and I managed to Do a limited edition prop All my Own because of Horrorbid!!! I love this te and I love all of you guys! A day without checking to see what the latest Gos-Up is, would be hell!!!Anyway, I am truely happy for you Justin and Joel!!! I'm glad you deded to move to help out with it Joel!!! Very good Friends man!!! and J, Joel is one of those kinds of friends you just can't seem to find anymore these days!!! You're Lucky to have such a good friend man!!! I apreciate you guys making your dreams come true!!! I also apreciate talking to you guys and seeing all the hard work that has been made possable because of you 2!!!

Thanks!!! --Harry

Harry Warden Saturday 6/21/2008 at 08:14 PM | 14025
only a year? i thought it was around longer than that.

i never heard of you guys until probably sept. last year when i found you on myspace by pure accident. i gned up and havent gone back to anyone else nce. im glad you guys let me do my thing here and have nothing but the utmost respect for you guys. i have made quite a few friends along the way and couldnt be happier!

Johnny Bisco Saturday 6/21/2008 at 08:21 PM | 14026
All of you guys mply ROCK! When Justin first pitched the HorrorBid idea to me over the phone (while he was living in Cornfields, and me . . . in my beach paradise) I thought it was crazy.

So crazy that it just might actually work!

I have to admit, I always thought it would do well but honestly . . . I envioned it taking at least 2-3 years to get to where HorrorBid.com is today.

We are VERY excited about this place and all the new friends we've made.

We hope that more and more people find out about HorrorBid and realize it's a great place for people with common interests to buy, sell, trade and talk (without fear of being ripped out of every dime, nickel or penny).

Has it really already been a year?

Justin, I thought you were crazy 20 some years ago . . .and I still think your crazy HA!

Genius idea my man, glad to be of service!
DaShape Saturday 6/21/2008 at 08:32 PM | 14027
Congrats to you both... I'm not a sentimental chick so I will just say HorrorBid's fuckin awesome and I'm so happy to have made friends who share the same common love for horror I do...lol god knows other then the few outde of online life I know everyone else thinks I'm crazy...hahaha maybe I am just a little.

Anyway thanks again for a banging te and forum

kweandee Saturday 6/21/2008 at 11:58 PM | 14052
Keep on Rockin it ladies and Ghouls!! We still need more BOOOOOOBBBBSSSS!!!!!
SithLord Sunday 6/22/2008 at 12:05 AM | 14053
LOL....
kweandee Sunday 6/22/2008 at 12:07 AM | 14054
We still need more BOOOOOOBBBBSSSS

I concur
lblambert Sunday 6/22/2008 at 01:07 AM | 14058
Thanks guys for all the kind words. Today is going to be member satisfaction day! I would love to hear about what led you guys to love horror and a little bit about yourselves. Indulge us.....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 6/22/2008 at 03:35 AM | 14075
start a new thread and ill be more than happy to buddy!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 6/22/2008 at 03:47 AM | 14078
Happy 1 Year Anniversary, you'd better take the te out to a nice dinner!
heretic Sunday 6/22/2008 at 05:34 PM | 14124
Happy Birrf day horror bid!!
Evildsm Monday 6/23/2008 at 03:51 PM | 14257