Forums Horror Movie Talk
Horror Movie Trivia of the Day 4/17/2011

Its the start of a brand new day and with that comes....

Type II caller I.D. was released in 1995, and its believed that its usage tripled after the 1996 movie Scream was released. The movie has grossed a little over $160,000,000 to date. Currently the franchise has grossed over $450,000,000. Thats almost triple as well.

The "Ghost Face" mask was based on this painting by Edvard Munch. http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m182/bnasty71/The_Scream.jpg" class="photoborder" /> "THE SCREAM" 1893

Neil Affleck, star of the 1981 film My Bloody Valentine, stated in a recent interview that he still owns the miner's helmet which he wore in the movie. Neil also stated that the identity of the killer (him) was kept a mystery to all of the cast members at the time of filming.

Talk about cursed movies, did you know that the Omen which was original going to be called "The Antichrist", decided to change it's name to "The Birthmark" due to the all of the freakish set backs that they encountered while filming. (They eventually settled with "the Omen") Gregory Peck, whom played Robert Thorn, and screenwriter David Seltzer were both flying separately when the planes that they were

both in got struck by lightning. Peck later cancelled a flight that he had to Israel, which turned out to be a smart decion, because the plane crashed...killing all on board. Producer Harvey Berhard just missed getting struck by lightning while he was in Rome. The hotel,in which director Richard Donner was staying, ended up getting bombed by the IRA; he was also hit by a car. Several members of the cast survived a head-on-crash on the day of the shoot. Even the Rottweiler's that were hired for the film seemed to be cursed, as they ended up attacking their trainers. Although the movie was completed these freakish events still seemed to occur. John Richardson, who was the special effects artist, suffered minor injuries on the set of A Bridge to Far, his girlfriend on the other hand wasn't as lucky, unfortunately she was beheaded. So, what's your verdict...Jinxed or not???

While filming the 2003 surprise hit "Wrong Turn", most of the cast and crew members were completely covered in poison ivy. It seems someone from the set mistook weeds for the poison oak, and decided to set up chairs smack dab in the middle of it. Speaking of Wrong Turn, part 4 is about to begin filming even as we speak. Declan O'Brien returns in the director's chair for this straight to video release.

Most of the maggots that were used in the first story of Creepshow ("Father's Day") were actually Rice Krispies. During his transformation into the plant-like creature in "The Lonesome Death of Jodi Verrill", Steven King had an allergic reaction to the make-up and had to be given shots and medication so he could continue filming. The little boy in the beginning of the movie, Joe Hill, is actually the son of Steven King.

Did you know Rob Zombie is a member of the Splat Pack? Other members include; Alexandre Aja, Darren Lynn Bousman, Neil Marshall, Greg Mclean, Eli Roth, James Wan & Leigh Whannell. It has been said that d "Captain Spaulding" Haig was coaxed out of his "self-imposed retirement" by Rob Zombie. Rob has an array of acheivements on his resume which includes; directing his own muc videos, degning his own tattoos, acting, writing, directing and even producing for the big screen and as reported by our very own moderator, "vbrockladyv" a new "Woolite" commercial is currently being filmed. I'll bet you'll never guess by whom. Here's a hint. His initials are R.Z.

Well that's about all the time i have, its lunch time and I'm hungry. Stay tuned tomorrow for lots more.Once again mucho gracias to imdb, wiki,vbrockladyv and our beloved Google
Anonymous Sunday 4/17/2011 at 03:54 PM | 74612
Cool post, man. Im a sucker for all the mythology surrounding The Omen. The girlfriend being beheaded is seriously creepy.

Certainly seems like at the very least there was some dark energies during production. Whether it was the devil or perhaps an externalisation of cast and crews own beliefs may never be known.
Dr Phibes Sunday 4/17/2011 at 04:30 PM | 74613