Forums Horror Movie Talk
The best slasher film series.... and dont say nighmare

I found a place too piss people of soo i wounder what any of you horror freaks like me think was the best true slasher film series. My fav and also pick for best is Friday the 13th,

but i wounder what other horror fans like me think. Never had a in depth talk about this genre of horror write me back. Nightmare on elms street is not a slasher

film.
phlixfan13th Sunday 4/17/2011 at 07:22 PM | 74621
*Snorts back laughter due to that last comment.*
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Sunday 4/17/2011 at 11:07 PM | 74630
To me Nightmare is much more than a slasher flick so yes I agree that it doesn't count as a slasher.

To me Halloween had better films in it's series then Friday the 13th had.

Ryn Monday 4/18/2011 at 03:54 PM | 74655
To me Nightmare is much more than a slasher flick so yes I agree that it doesn't count as a slasher.

To me Halloween had better films in it's series then Friday the 13th had.I have to agree with you in saying that Nightmare is much more than a slasher. But it is in fact categorized as a slasher. I also agree with saying that Halloween is WAY better than Friday.
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Monday 4/18/2011 at 09:46 PM | 74666
post reply snort piggy on top. i agree with all of you

on nightmare and thank-you for writing back its just thinking about how the series is made what the fright themes are. nowhere in nightmare on elms street do i see slasher film nor when i watch it i get that running through the woods for my life feeling. Nightmare on elms street is the unknown fright the true boggy man under the bed.... and when i watch it i feel that way about it. slasher film?

sorry piggy

phlixfan13th Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 12:39 AM | 74680
Are you insulting me for my personal opinion? I just said it was categorized that way.
Kiki_Freddy's_girl Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 12:55 AM | 74682
post reply snort piggy on top. i agree with all of you

on nightmare and thank-you for writing back its just thinking about how the series is made what the fright themes are. nowhere in nightmare on elms street do i see slasher film nor when i watch it i get that running through the woods for my life feeling. Nightmare on elms street is the unknown fright the true boggy man under the bed.... and when i watch it i feel that way about it. slasher film?

sorry piggyWelcome to the board! Cool to start threads and discusons, but please notice the general mood here. Movie going is subjective and opinions range vastly. You start a thread about the best slashers and then ask NMOES fans to not partake. Whether you like it or not, Freddy is a slasher icon. Have fun but remember to respect others.

Also, a predator in the woods is not the key component of a slasher film. The Prowler, Maniac, NY Ripper, Intruder and Hide and Go Shriek are just a few examples of slasher films that were far away from being in the woods or anywhere near a F13 flick.

Anyway, for my two cents, HALLOWEEN is the king of all slasher franchises. They got worse as the series went on (as did F13 and NMOES) but the first two are pretty much unparalleled.
ny ghoul Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 02:59 AM | 74687
Ok no mention of the off beat tone SORRY> but friday the 13th is the flicks that discribe the slasher genre. Now take it like this first meeting

fredy nightmare on elms street one

i didn't see the whole thing till i was 24 and it still nearly pissed my pants. you see i'm not knocking fredy, best damn horror movie of that era im just making a small observation its not a slasher film.
phlixfan13th Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 09:37 PM | 74724
Sorry for posting Freddy wrong screams better them him
phlixfan13th Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 09:38 PM | 74725
The problem is when you use the term SLASHER only a small group of horror really can be put into that lump sum. Take Halloween. The original in no way can be called a slasher. But at the same time some of it's sequels (Halloween 6) can be seen as a slasher flick due to it's high body count and overall on screen violence. Nightmare has always been a very violent but at the same time visceral film. And it's stream of sequels added humor into the mix (like it or not) which made it a full fledge entertainment ride. Now Friday has always been a slasher. Every last one is and that's all it tried to be. True the idea for Friday was admittedly stollen from Halloween, but they are two very different beasts all together. So I stand by my statement that Halloween had the better sequels then Friday, but to me out of the three (Friday,Halloween,Nightmare) Only Friday the 13th can truely be called a slasher series.
Ryn Wednesday 4/20/2011 at 06:08 AM | 74758
The problem is when you use the term SLASHER only a small group of horror really can be put into that lump sum. Take Halloween. The original in no way can be called a slasher. But at the same time some of it's sequels (Halloween 6) can be seen as a slasher flick due to it's high body count and overall on screen violence. Nightmare has always been a very violent but at the same time visceral film. And it's stream of sequels added humor into the mix (like it or not) which made it a full fledge entertainment ride. Now Friday has always been a slasher. Every last one is and that's all it tried to be. True the idea for Friday was admittedly stollen from Halloween, but they are two very different beasts all together. So I stand by my statement that Halloween had the better sequels then Friday, but to me out of the three (Friday,Halloween,Nightmare) Only Friday the 13th can truely be called a slasher series.

You know I can respect this opinion and with that I am out of this conversation.

Kiki_Freddy's_girl Wednesday 4/20/2011 at 04:08 PM | 74766
Saw 2, redential Evil are the nice slasher movies.

Watch Hd Movies Online | Stream Movies Online
angelajolie Thursday 4/21/2011 at 10:20 AM | 74814
right saw is a slasher film. Now this is getting good anybody else have something i posted this thread to talk Horror. and again im not trying too insult anybody about movies, anything i know writing about nightmare and have the opinion i have on the series i would get shelled which i did. Now Halloween

is a slasher film why say that

in many ways is the birth. There are many times though i see movie that fit the bill of this movie type and much more that don't and it angers me because a fan should know whats up. Halloween, scream, Friday,Hatchet,Saw,Nightmare,iKNowwhatyoudidlastsummer, prime example of the core too that movie type. And the movies that fail VENOM anyone are examples that show how to mix mosh the genre Horror and slasher is like inbreeding. Ade from clasc horror and monsters to aliens many of the stuff today is not scary a really doesn't make you think. Slasher is the best because that hunter hunted theme rings so strong you engage in the fear of it. Again why i say Nightmare is not slasher. but Freddy is the shit!!!!!!!
phlixfan13th Thursday 4/21/2011 at 03:24 PM | 74817
Movie going is subjective and opinions range vastly. You start a thread about the best slashers and then ask NMOES fans to not partake. Whether you like it or not, Freddy is a slasher icon. Have fun but remember to respect others...
Garfed Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 05:13 AM | 75059