Forums Horror Movie Talk
It's official! Chloe Mortez joins the cast of Dark Shadows

Chloe Mortez ("Kick-Ass", "Let Me In")made the announcement yesterday on her Twitter page that she will appear in Tim Burton's latest movie adaptation of the popular TV series; "Dark Shadows". Other actors set to appear with Mortez are Johnny Deep, Jackie Earl Haley, Eva Green, Michelle Pfeiffer, Bella Heathcoat, Thomas McDonell, Guliver McGrath and Helena Bonham Carter.

Chloe tweeted to the world, "So happy to announce that I'm officially attached to #Dark Shadows the new #Tim Burton film such excitement! <3"

Michelle Pfeiffer will be playing the role of Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, and Mortez will be playing her daughter Carolyn. Seth Grahame-Smith will be handling the writing duties, and Depp is producing the film along with Graham King's GK Films.

Known best as a "gothic" soap opera, Dark Shadows aired weekdays from 1966 - 1971 on ABC network, and amassed a total of 1,225 episodes. In 2007, Johnny Depp acquired the rights to Dark Shadows from the estate of creater Dan Curtis, who passed away in 2006 due to a brain tumor. Look for the movie to come out some time in 2012.

Big thanks to Dread Central and imdb.
Anonymous Monday 4/18/2011 at 01:49 AM | 74638
I'm excited for this film. Hope it's not a flop! I remember watching re-runs, obviously on scifi back in the mid-late 90s
kizzle Friday 5/06/2011 at 01:21 AM | 75580
The more I hear about this, the more excited I get!!
Michael Aspinwall Friday 5/06/2011 at 01:33 AM | 75583
Tim Burton has this wonderful way of making me giddy about the darkest films. :3

A vampire movie that's sure to blow Twilight out of everyone's mind. Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter (rumored), and Chloe Martinez. I just wish 2012 would get here faster.
Cesta Tuesday 5/10/2011 at 03:24 AM | 75762