Forums Horror Movie Talk
Must See Monster Movie Monday

I love blood and guts as much as the next person, but sometimes I need to go back and see a good ol' monster movie. Something about a nice black and white Creature Feature just does it for me. could it be that these are the first taste of horror I received? Or is it that these movies are just that good? I think its a combo of both. That why every Monday I'll have a old or new monster movie to check out. Because without these movies horror as we know would not exist.

This week I'm going to suggest 'Creature From the Black Lagoon'. For those of you who haven't seen this yet it goes down like this. A scientific expedition traveling up the Amazon River encounter a dangerous, humanoid, amphibious, fish creature. I know it doesn't sound like much, but this is my favorite monster movie. The acting and story are so spectacular that you forget it was made in 1954. They just don't make them like this anymore. The creature is by far one of the coolest SFX , only behind the original Frankenstein. Now for those who have seen this, take 79 minutes of your day,pop some corn,and revit the "love struck" monster from the Black Lagoon. Weather your young or old this movie is a true clasc that stood the test of time.

Thanks to screenrant.com for the pic
Stilesp1985 Monday 4/18/2011 at 06:14 AM | 74645
Amen, Stiles. Yr a gentleman and a scholar. Stunning film that never loses its charm or gets old. And (shock horror), its actually still pretty frightening if your in the right frame of mind
Dr Phibes Monday 4/18/2011 at 07:21 AM | 74649
oh, and Julia Adams in that white swimsuit.....yes please
Dr Phibes Monday 4/18/2011 at 07:24 AM | 74650
Thanks....She does look good, that timeless beauty
Stilesp1985 Monday 4/18/2011 at 04:41 PM | 74656