Forums Horror Movie Talk
More Tobe Hopper News with DJINN

Recently, Rolling Stone magazine interviewed horror legend Tobe Hooper about his upcoming project DJINN. Speaking about screenplay, Hooper said,

"It’s the best screenplay that I’ve read in many years, and it was much more of what I’ve always wanted to do. It’s more of a metaphycal thriller, laced with extremely good characters."

The story will revolve around a couple, played by Khalid Laith and Razane Jammal, who "return home from the U.S. only to find their apartment is haunted by a malevolent spirit."

"It’s been illuminating," Hooper went on to tell Rolling Stone about the experience of making his latest thriller.

"Believe me, it’s more than folklore. I started with the internet, and I started with Google Earth, getting as much information as posble. Then, the preparation came around and I started viting places. I started talking to a lot of people, both within the production and outde of it. I’ll be shooting on an ancient territory, a place that’s bacally in ruins because the Djinn had moved the human beings out."

We'll keep you updated and hopefully have clips soon!

vbrockladyv Tuesday 4/19/2011 at 05:23 PM | 74714