Forums Horror Movie Talk
More News on LEATHERFACE 3D - We're Gonna Need More Skin!

Our good friends over at Bloody-Disgusting broke the news a few days ago that John Luessenhop is in talks to direct Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures' LEATHERFACE 3D. This is an odd film for a few reasons. Number one being is it a sequel to the original or to the remake? That is a great question and one that has been answered in one murky sentence.

"LEATHERFACE 3D picks up immediately where Tobe Hooper's original left off before flashing forward 35 years."

How clear is that? Crystal! Not exactly, but at least we are getting somewhere. It was also reported that writers Debra Sullivan, Adam Marcus and Stephen Susco had turned in a final draft of the films script. While that was indeed the case we are now learning that Kirsten Elms (writer of Gold Circle and director F. Gary Gray's Hair of the Dog) was hired to "re-tool" the script under the guidance of director John Luessenhop.

As of right now that is as much information as has been provided for TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE fans itching for this project to move forward. No announcement on whether the film will be shoot in REALD 3D but expectations are high due to poor 3D converons with past films. Stay tuned as we will update you the minute we hear more about this sequel.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 4/21/2011 at 04:43 AM | 74809
It's also an odd film because as much as I love Leatherface, I don't think he needs the 3D treatment.
Sephit Friday 4/22/2011 at 08:26 AM | 74865
I hope Sally is in there. I really want to know what happened to her. I think they said she went in a Mental Institution or something. I do agree, i don't think it should be in 3D, in my opinion.
Tobyisoctopus Saturday 4/23/2011 at 04:19 AM | 74897
Im happy to hear its picking up after the original. I had been hearing about a series reboot that begins in modern times in a city environment!
ny ghoul Saturday 4/23/2011 at 07:58 PM | 74905
I'm still kind of worried, it says it starts after the originals and then flashes forward 35 years. I'm still gonna keep hope alive.
SuperSeanski Sunday 4/24/2011 at 03:31 AM | 74916