Forums Horror Movie Talk
Future horror fans... doesnt look to bright

I was thinkin of the future of horror, like several generations down the line, and I gotta admit I'm not to fond of how things could turn out.

What do future generations have to look forward too? Dozens of remakes, foriegn movies that are remade americanized, sequals to movies that prolly do not need them? The 70s, 80s and 90s brought some of the best horror movies/ franchises that will never be duplicated. I honestly believe that if it wasn't for remakes some people might not even learn that the (original) movie exsts.

Bedes remakes and knock off verons of foriegn flicks what actually has come out in recent years that was A. original and B. did well in theatres? Even Scream 4 has'nt been doing well thus far. So i ask you... what do you think the horror genre will be like in 40, 50 or even 60 years? I'm not against remakes (if they are done right) or sequals, but enough is enough. Lets get some originality back

into it! PUH LEASE!
kizzle Monday 4/25/2011 at 07:47 PM | 74974
I was thinkin of the future of horror, like several generations down the line, and I gotta admit I'm not to fond of how things could turn out.

What do future generations have to look forward too? Dozens of remakes, foriegn movies that are remade americanized, sequals to movies that prolly do not need them? The 70s, 80s and 90s brought some of the best horror movies/ franchises that will never be duplicated. I honestly believe that if it wasn't for remakes some people might not even learn that the (original) movie exsts.

Bedes remakes and knock off verons of foriegn flicks what actually has come out in recent years that was A. original and B. did well in theatres? Even Scream 4 has'nt been doing well thus far. So i ask you... what do you think the horror genre will be like in 40, 50 or even 60 years? I'm not against remakes (if they are done right) or sequals, but enough is enough. Lets get some originality back

into it! PUH LEASE!Don't waste your hard earned money on Hollywood mainstream crap. Support the underground, indie horror scene!
ny ghoul Tuesday 4/26/2011 at 06:34 PM | 75029
You know kizzle, you bring up a good point. I to, wonder about the future of the horror genre.

Back in my day it was the greatest of great. NOES, F13, H, HR, PM, etc. The 90's weren't too shabby, and the 70's were awesome with films like Tourist Trap, Race with the Devil, and more.

But nowadays it's a freekin' mess. Hollywood isn't exactly doing anything for us.

Perhaps it has come to independent filmmakers taking the reigns and moving on with the splattered brains and such.

I know I plan to continue making horror as long as I can raise the right budget. I'm not too keen on scrounging up a few hundred bucks and making the best of it.

Anyway, good post. And ny ghoul...good response.
aceofspades70 Friday 4/29/2011 at 03:18 AM | 75191