Forums Horror Movie Talk
PIRANHA 3DD Splashes Into Production - Full Details Here

After earning rave reviews from top critics and wild cheers from audiences around the country, Dimenon Films has started production on the sequel to PIRANHA 3D.

Principal photography is now underway in Wilmington, NC on PIRANHA 3DD, being directed by John Gulager (FEAST).

There’s something in the water . . . again.

And this time no one is safe from the flesh eating fish as they nk their razor sharp teeth into the vitors of the best summer attraction, The Big Wet Water Park.

Featuring a talented ensemble cast including Danielle Panabaker (THE CRAZIES), Matt Bush (ADVENTURELAND), Chris Zylka (THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN), David Koechner (ANCHORMAN), Meagan Tandy (UNSTOPPABLE),

Paul James Jordan, Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Hector Jimenez, Adrian Martinez, Clu Gulager and more cast to be announced soon.

PIRANHA 3DD is a Dimenon Films release, produced by Mark Canton, Marc Toberoff and Joel Soisson.

Executive producer Chako van Leeuwen; Co-Produced by Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg.

PIRANHA 3DD shows its teeth in theatres nationwide on November 23, 2011.

The feast is on this Thanksgiving.

Plot Synops: "Jaws...lots and lots of jaws. From acclaimed director Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes) comes the new action thriller PIRANHA 3D, in the latest eye-popping 3D technology. A new type of terror is about to be cut loose on beautiful Lake Victoria. After a sudden underwater tremor sets free scores of the prehistoric man-eating fish, an unlikely group of strangers must band together to stop themselves from becoming fish food for the area’s new razor-toothed redents. But our heroine (Elisabeth Shue) is seriously outnumbered, and with only one chance to save the lake and her family from totally being devoured, she must risk everything to destroy the aquatic carnivores herself."

I don't know. The first film sucked in my opinion. The only thing that was good about it was the gore, otherwise I could care less. This sounds like an okay premise and a way better cast. I just love how this is being made over something like "Halloween 3D."

Source: HorrorBid
JoeTheHouseOfHorror Monday 4/25/2011 at 10:49 PM | 74984