Forums Horror Movie Talk
The people reasponsible for Scream's demise

It's very frustrating how bad thing's have turned out for the Scream franchise.There's going to be alot of people pointing blame.The studio is going to catch blame so is the people that worked on the film,but at the end of the day it's not any of there fault's.It's the fan's who didn't go out and support the latest installment (Scream 4) of the franchise and there for a great franchise has been ruined.It's trully a tragedy that the fan's didn't care enough to go out and pay the small amount of money to go see the film and therefore not only let the franchise down,but also Wes Craven and the other people who worked on the film.This had the potential to be the begining of a whole new franchise,but now it's over all because the fan's were either to lazy or to tight to put out the money to go see it.So before the fan's go pointing any finger's at every one else if they want to find the real

person reasponble they need to take look in the mirror.For the one's like me who did go to see it I want to say THANKS for trying and too everyone else this article is addressed to you.Shame on you.
horrorlord Tuesday 4/26/2011 at 08:34 PM | 75032
I'm not sure how this had the potential to be the beginning of a whole new franchise.

Personally, I thought it was just more of the same.

Maybe this is a gn that people are finally starting to shy away from the sequel and remake trend that's been bogging the genre down lately.

That would definitely be a good thing if it results in more new and original horror movies in the future.

You can't blame the fans for not wanting to pay $10 a pop to see yet another tired sequel.
gummi Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 09:36 AM | 75068
First of all sequel's are the what make's horror so great and has nce the 80's.Original movie's are alright,but I would rather have a familular film like

Freddy and Jason sequel.
horrorlord Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 03:23 PM | 75076
Unfortunately, you seem to be in the majority.

Audiences these days are more interested in seeing the same familiar faces on the screen doing the exact same things and less interested in something new and original.

Studios know this and that's why the masses will be watching Saw 12 in October of 2015 instead of what could be the next great, groundbreaking horror film. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
gummi Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 07:05 PM | 75089
I went to see Scream 4 two weeks ago, so don't blame me..Oh and by the way, the film came out 2 weeks ago, we don't know what is going to happen when it comes out on dvd, maybe it will sell enough copies that will generate interest in making a sequel..So there is hope..Don't be such a dick to your fellow horror fans. I could afford to go see the movie, and most of the hororr movies I want to, and go to a horror convention next month, and still pay all my rent and bills and eat..But not all fans are that lucky. The economy fucking sucks right now, and maybe there are a lot of fans out there who wanted to go see it opening day, but they just didn't have the money. There are a lot of people out there who are less lucky than your spoiled ass. Think about that before you point fingers.
Moon Friday 4/29/2011 at 04:00 AM | 75198
Well I will take the blame for the demise of the franchise then nce I didnt go and have no problem with that if that makes you sleep better at night. This franchise was dead really IMO for to long to get people really excited to go and honestly it looked way to much like the same films as before. I will pick it up on blu-ray when it comes out but at this point in my life I am not seeing many films in the theaters that are not something my kids can see. I would love to see more of Ghostface but I want to see something different then the three they had back and maybe even in a

new location or something. I can't say alot more nce i havent seen this yet but if it is cause I didnt go and the blame and "shame on you" needs to be put here please by all means do it but if that is how we are going to do things now then we better say "shame on you" to alot of people for not supporting alot of films that have come out of late.
cropsy Saturday 4/30/2011 at 10:23 AM | 75264