Forums Horror Movie Talk
INSIDIOUS is the Years Most Profitable Movie, Period!

Made for a mere 1.5 million, Indious has to date made 44.5 million in North America and almost at 50 million worldwide, thus making it the most profitable movie of the year. Not just in the horror genre.

This goes to show that you don't tens of millions of dollars or an A-list cast to have a hit movie. You just need a good story to tell. This news should have all horror fans happy because one, it shows there is still a market for an original idea. And two, it should make certain studios realize that we like good stories, not just pretty CG digital effects and faces.Hopefully someone will take notice and we'll start to see some more quality pictures coming out. We will just have to wait and see. Congrats to Indious and the whole cast for making such an amazing horror movie.
Stilesp1985 Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 03:57 AM | 75056
I still haven't seen this film and after reading this, it makes me want to see it even more! I'm stoked that it's doing so well.
Sephit Wednesday 4/27/2011 at 06:37 AM | 75064
I still haven't seen this film and after reading this, it makes me want to see it even more! I'm stoked that it's doing so well.

UPDATE:

I was dissapionted after watching Scream 4 to say the least but after watching INDIOUS I gotta say my faith in Horror has been revived and it was actually Rated -PG 13 so it goes to show that a horror film doesn't need to be Rated R to be great and I'm glad there wasn't a bunch of fast CGI to try and scare the audience and the ghost didn't make cat sounds and the muc score was amazing.
Sephit Saturday 4/30/2011 at 08:13 PM | 75290