Forums Horror Movie Talk
HorrorBid's Rabbit In Red (Ep. 33) The Mask Show

http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/2248.

Vincent Paul wastes know time fighting with co-host Michael J. about what could be a poor release time for Piranha 3DD. Mike did make some good points but going over why Scream didn’t do well looks to be the same fate for P3DD. HorrorBid columnist and friend of the show Patrick Farmer called in to weigh in on the debate. Patrick also gave us an update about Horror Hut and what films will be on the first show. I made the point that Scream 4 might have done better with a Friday May, 13th release date.

Back from break and Mike and Myself got a big time education from HorrorBid's biggest and smartest “Halloween” fans. Nick, Ryan, and Jimmy better known as “Myers in San Diego” “Ryn” “The Shape 1188” came on for our big ranking of the best and worst Myer’s masks in the franchise. Not only did we go one by one from film to film, those guys broke it down and gave the great facts. You will hear the story about how much Dick Warlock (Halloween 2) sold his gear from the film. Then we found out how much it is worth today. I do not think anyone will be out raged who the majority picked as the best mask. (NOTE: We all agreed the “hero” mask from 78’ is the end all be all so we didn’t put it in the mix.)

Back from our last break and Lee Vervoort

(co-producer, actor) “The Lashman” came on to not only talk about the film but tell us what it’s like to be a co-producer on an independent horror film. Really laid some knowledge on us about how to make a film eaer on the people making it. He gave his take about the new way DIRECTV is giving people the opportunity to watch a film the day it comes out.

Mike and I went over some news and thoughts. Mike told me this funny yet really sad story about the first time he had to use a motorized cart. The outcome is typical Michael J. fashion. I gave my thoughts on why I am so happy hBid has a new show. Vince even talks about his lack of “Game” and about just letting go and knowing when to say “I am wrong.”

Right before the show ended we just had some breaking news about an actor who is coming onto next weeks show. Here is a hint, this film is directed by a guy named J.J.

Until then, take care everyone and enjoy.

***CLICK THE PLAYER BELOW TO START/STOP THE SHOW*** RIR33.mp3|HorrorBids Rabbit in Red Radio

Click the link below to download the show: http://www.horrorbid.com/images/blog/2260.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/29/2011 at 01:27 AM | 75185
WHAT A BLAST!!! CANNOT THANK JUSTIN,

VINCE & MICHAEL FOR HAVING ALL OF US ON THE SHOW. WE ALL APPRECIATE IT.
TheShape1188 Friday 4/29/2011 at 03:21 AM | 75192
Thank you guys for coming on! I really learned a lot and have a much deeper appreciation for masks because of it!
LoomisLives2010 Friday 4/29/2011 at 03:34 AM | 75195
That was beyond fun and thanks again Vince and Mike for having us on.
Ryn Friday 4/29/2011 at 07:27 AM | 75202
You guys were great and really made my job easy. I really think all three of you just made Michael J a future mask collector. Still feeling the mask from 5 is just awful!

Vince
Rabbit in Red Radio Friday 4/29/2011 at 10:08 AM | 75204
Totally agree with the PIRANHA 3DD release date. Bad move and Mikey I have to disagree, release date has EVERYTHING to do with certain movies overall make it or break it. Now if it is a great movie that everyone knows will be good or does good per word of mouth (i.e. the original SCREAM on Christmas day of 1996) that is one thing but take a mediocre movie and put it on the wrong release date, FATALITY as they say in the Mortal Kombat world.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/30/2011 at 03:24 AM | 75244
Are you trying to imply that Piranha 3DD will be a mediocre film?

LOL Just because the original performed poorly at the box office, I'm sure it did well with Blu-ray/DVD sales. I bought it, and I kinda got a feeling Busey will be a huge draw. Sure he's a loon but his crazy antics are appealing to some. I have a feeling this will help bring DIMENON back to where it needs to be!
LoomisLives2010 Saturday 4/30/2011 at 03:58 AM | 75249
All I gotta say is poor Dimenon Films. Seriously though, P3DD coming out in November makes zero sense. Ok H3D Harvey and Bob. I mean come on....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/30/2011 at 04:22 AM | 75250
They should seriously release

P3DD in April maybe May cause it's a Spring Break flick H3 better not be in 3D. Then we'll get crappy story with overall emphas on the 3D aspect. That would suck. As much as I LOVE the Weinsteins, I'm willing to admit they're not perfect.
LoomisLives2010 Saturday 4/30/2011 at 04:36 AM | 75252
Mike, it's alright. You will always be happy as long as you have these dumb movies to watch. I can't wait till we reveal our "re cast" game on the show.
Rabbit in Red Radio Saturday 4/30/2011 at 12:04 PM | 75271
Should be exciting....Condering I'll probably be better at it!

LoomisLives2010 Saturday 4/30/2011 at 04:55 PM | 75282
Enjoyed being on the show guys. Good times.
aceofspades70 Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 01:43 PM | 75443
Thanks man! We enjoyed having you and would love to have you back anytime!
LoomisLives2010 Tuesday 5/03/2011 at 02:32 PM | 75447